9 replies to this topic

abrand

abrand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:MPX200
Hi,

I heard of several cases with the StrTrk, that there are problems with the Clamshell mechanism. The phone does not open smoothly, cannot be flipped open and the last centimeters have nearly to be forced open. It feels as if the clamshell mechanism already scratches after a day. Do any of you have the same problem?

cya,
Arne

Fredde87

Fredde87

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:tytn strtrk mio 8390 mpx200
Nope no problems at all. The only problems I have found are that the keys touch the screen and can then make prints on the screen (cirkle from the cirkle pad och lines from the lines between the keys). Also the first 5mm of opening it makes a plastic sound like plastic being pulled apart.

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...

I heard of several cases with the StrTrk, that there are problems with the Clamshell mechanism.

Nope no problems with mine, where did you hear this?

Richard

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

PPCPassion

PPCPassion

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Devices:HTC M8, Nexus 5
No problems here either. My phone also get the circular imprint as someone else pointed out in the earlier post. I am lovin it :)

abrand

abrand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:MPX200

Nope no problems at all. The only problems I have found are that the keys touch the screen and can then make prints on the screen (cirkle from the cirkle pad och lines from the lines between the keys). Also the first 5mm of opening it makes a plastic sound like plastic being pulled apart.

Ups, that sounds like the mistake the Mpx 220 had as well. After a while those imprints were digged into the display.

I heard that problem from several german users, so it may be a production thing, maybe Monday series.

cya,
Arne

Onslow_dk

Onslow_dk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Ups, that sounds like the mistake the Mpx 220 had as well. After a while those imprints were digged into the display.

I heard that problem from several german users, so it may be a production thing, maybe Monday series.

Cya,
Arne

I hope that's not true!?!? :)

But I have been thinking about finding a little rubber-pad which is just a little bit higher than the existing two pads, so I can get rid of those imprints.

Maybe HTC/QTEK should provide those pads FOR FREE!!! ;)

/Onslow

cerij

cerij

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Perhaps an LCD screen protector would help.

Onslow_dk

Onslow_dk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Perhaps an LCD screen protector would help.

AAAAAAHH! Yes of course! I had completely forgotten about those!

Thanx m8! :)

/Onslow

Untouchab1e

Untouchab1e

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro, HTC ADP1
I dont have a screen protector, and probably wont get one, but is the Qtek 8500 built so that clapping the phone may actually damage it if you dont do it smoothly? I also get the circular imprint, but thats it really, its easy to wipe clean, but if any other damge occurs, i want to be more carefull..

corkOne

corkOne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I encountered exactly the problems Arne described. I returned the phone to have it replaced two weeks ago. Nothing received til now.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users