is it possible to set your songs as ringtones?

Guest maximus103089

Guest maximus103089

I am curious if i can set the song(s) I sync from my computer onto my phone as my ringtones, or if I can put songs in a folder that would allow me to set them as ringtones.

thanks

Guest jimbouk
I am curious if i can set the song(s) I sync from my computer onto my phone as my ringtones, or if I can put songs in a folder that would allow me to set them as ringtones.

thanks

I dont know the Q, but most devices allow you to either right click songs and select USE AS RINGTONE or you can simply copy files to windows/rings folder and they will appear on the list in sounds and notifications.

Note that MP3's will only work as ringtones, you need WAV files for sms and mms etc (and they need to be in the windows folder.

Guest maximus103089
I dont know the Q, but most devices allow you to either right click songs and select USE AS RINGTONE or you can simply copy files to windows/rings folder and they will appear on the list in sounds and notifications.

Note that MP3's will only work as ringtones, you need WAV files for sms and mms etc (and they need to be in the windows folder.

There seems to be no windows/ringtones folder, has anybody out there figured it out? I tried just dropping an mp3 into the /windows folder, but that didnt work

Guest maximus103089

There seems to be no windows/ringtones folder, has anybody out there figured it out? I tried just dropping an mp3 into the /windows folder, but that didnt work

*EDIT*

I DID IT you put it in

/application data/sounds

*EDIT 2*

the tone needs to be in .mp4 format for ringtone.

PS sorry about double post

*edit 3*

Its seems that only 2 of the 7 songs I put on work..the others are 'corrupt ' or something

Edited by maximus103089

Guest maximus103089

ok, now I HAVE figured it out.

the songs can be set as .mp3, all you have to do is restart your Q before trying to assign the songs as a ringtone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest quinnman

It's so simple it's almost silly. Pop open ActiveSync and click Explore.

From there, click on "My Windows Mobile Based Device" or MotoQ if you've named it.

Then "Application Data" -> "Sounds"

and then just drop in an .mp3 file.

After it syncs into your phone, open the contact that you want to attach the tone to (MENU, EDIT) and go to CUSTOM RING TONE. Your new tone will be there.

May I suggest a really nice piece of freeware to make tones? I've been using AUDACITY. I import an .mp3 file (it won't import .4 files), cut together a cool tone from one of my songs (it's beyond easy to create a 30-second edit), and then dump the edit into my phone.

The whole family now has custom tones....

• 8 months later...
Guest smsfrancis

How does one set a custom SMS sound though? I've added an am4 file to both the Windows folder and the Application Data/Sounds folder but it still doesn't come up...

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest AFAngryWarrior
How does one set a custom SMS sound though? I've added an am4 file to both the Windows folder and the Application Data/Sounds folder but it still doesn't come up...

Thanks!

To set a custom SMS sound go to settings/sounds and change the Text message alert to whatever ring you want. Again you have to put the .MP3 in the Application Data/Sounds folder for it to appear here and you should definitely pick up the free copy of Audacity to edit the files down to a much smaller size, I usually do around 30 secs for Rings and don't use .mp3s for alerts. I have my txt/sms set to "Gotmail" from AOL.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bambamboogy02

you do not have to convert anything. just drop your songs or sound bites into the My Documents folder, or even on your memory card, create a My Documents folder, and put your songs in there. They will all be available to use as ringtones.

Also, If you set a song as an sms alert, it will continue to play the entire song even if you have checked your sms/email.

Guest ÐĺŞĀ
you do not have to convert anything. just drop your songs or sound bites into the My Documents folder, or even on your memory card, create a My Documents folder, and put your songs in there. They will all be available to use as ringtones.

Also, If you set a song as an sms alert, it will continue to play the entire song even if you have checked your sms/email.

Is it possible to have an mp3 ringtone + Vibrate?

Guest mikeeey
Is it possible to have an mp3 ringtone + Vibrate?

yes. just set your ringtone like normal, then go to settings>profiles and edit your profile. then go to ring type and select vibrate and ring.

• 2 years later...