Eureka! Moto Q with Columns

Guest jasperkins

Guest jasperkins

1. Not sure if you can make the iconbar smaller- as it is hardcoded.

2. I use SOTI Pocket Controller. Excellent App.

3. Having a 2 screen page is no problem. You just need to have Non-Internactive Plugins on the first page, or changing between pages causes page breaks at the interactive plugin.

Personally I was using this design for awhile, but then I discovered I wanted to just quicklt glance down and see everything on 1 page. I guess that extra click to page 2 makes me lazy :-)

Hey Guys,

I'm gearing up to write my own Home Screen utilizing this kind of multiple line deal and I had a quesiton about the icon bar at the top. The height of the icon bar is larger than the damn pertinent text in the screen. Is there any way to make the icon bar smaller? I think you could get away with 15 px if you could redo a couple of the icons. Has anybody tried to do this?

Also, I was wondering what everyone uses to preview the screen on their desktop. Certainly there is a program out there that will allow you to do this? What about utilizing the Motorola Q Emunlator that is included in some of the development packages. Has anybody tried that?

Also, the idea for my screen is going to be one that attempts to greatly reduce the number of redundant icons/buttons/notifications and stuff. I was wondering if it is possible to have a 2-screen home screen. Basically, the standard home view with a large clock, etc... then, you scoll down (hopefully only one push of the down rocker) and the thing pops to a different screen containing all the Facade/Papyrus/Launcher/Schedule stuff?

Is that possible?

Evan

I just downloaded Columns2 and everything shows up fine except the time. I looked at the code and couldn't see any problems where the clock would not be showing. =\ any ideas?

Guest jasperkins
I just downloaded Columns2 and everything shows up fine except the time. I looked at the code and couldn't see any problems where the clock would not be showing. =\ any ideas?

Perhaps your time format is different? It only has a space of 100 to display xx:xx pm. Make sure that your time settings are setup that way.

Also are you running the new WM5 update? This version was written for the Q and the WM5 update as of August 15th.

• 1 month later...

a very nice homescreen, jason! congratulations!

i did some minor work on it (removed voice mail, mms and other mail) and removed shortcuts right of the start button.

what i'd like to do - and i'm struggling right now as i'm not an xml guru - is changing the font size form Email and SMS in row 2. any help on how i can specify the text-size for this?

<!-- ROW 2:  Staticly display the Time & Vmail / Email / SMS / MMS -->

<plugin height="40" width="320" handlekeys="CHILD" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}">

<shortcut width="0">

<plugin height="40" width="0" handlekeys="CHILD" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}">

<format state="selected" padding-left="100" />

<format state="unselected" padding-left="100" />

<shortcut width="175">

<plugin clsid="{2F930BF0-6FE9-4a53-9E17-88E9247BAB48}" name="smscount" height="35"> 

<label x="16" y="9">

<text><unreadEmail/> E-Mail</text>

</label>

<label x="163" y="9">

<text><unreadSMS/> SMS</text>

</label>

</plugin>

</shortcut>

</plugin>

</shortcut>

<shortcut width="100">

<plugin clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" name="date_time" height="40">

<clock>

<time font-size="33" font-weight="bold" halign="center" valign="bottom" mode="short"/>

</clock>

</plugin>

</shortcut>	 	

</plugin>

by the way, runs fine on my samsung sgh-i320!

thanks again for making this wonderful homescreen!

cheers, marc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BrandonClaps

Everything works great, but the top bar on my phone doesn't show. The part that shows EV, Battery, signal strength. Its just all white....What do i do :rolleyes: