Guest Shaunfarris

Guest xerxes
Hi All,

Has anyone tried the FREE service from Emoze

If so whats it like

Is it reliable

Is it really free.

Are there any negatives using it.

I've been using it for about a week and it really is free.

I've only been using it on and off so I cannot really comment on reliability. It generally takes about 5 mins from the time I see the email in Outlook until it arrives at my XDA.

The only negatives I've seen so far are

1. It sucks power like crazy if you leave wifi on.

2. If you receive a calendar invite it doesn't show in your inbox it goes straight to calendar. You do get a notification though.

3. If you want to change the time on the invite the only way to send the change back is to type a new email.

4. The email is only forwarded if your pc is on and your mapi email client is connected to the server. In my case that means leaving a laptop connected to my work vpn. If the vpn connection fails or times out I will then stop receiving email on the xda and I won't know the problem's happening until I get home.

I don't know how these points compare to other push email solutions.

x

Guest xerxes
Hi All,

Has anyone tried the FREE service from Emoze

Are there any negatives using it.

I was using it today whilst I was away at an offsite meeting and sure enough the VPN connection on the laptop dropped so I stopped receiving email at about 2.30pm.

One quite nice thing though, the Emoze client on the XDA actually tells you that the PC is no longer connected to the Emoze account so at least you know that you might be missing emails. :)

• 1 month later...

ok I've used this quite a bit now and it works pretty well. This seems to be the only way to get mobile email if your company doesn't allow the MS push stuff on Exchange and keeps the Exchange server behind a VPN and firewall.

It's not perfect but its pretty good and it's free!

xerxes

Guest mattgod69

I have used ezoze for a while now. At first it did not seem to work with the GPRS connection only via WiFi or activesync.

They they released a small update and then it started working. Be careful of the GPRS useage though!

I found that the calender and in particular the contacts was a complete nightmare. Emoze changed some of the fields in the contacts (the way the name was displayed) and lost some info. I now only use Emoze for email only and activesync for the calender and contacts.

Matt

ok I've used this quite a bit now and it works pretty well. This seems to be the only way to get mobile email if your company doesn't allow the MS push stuff on Exchange and keeps the Exchange server behind a VPN and firewall.

It's not perfect but its pretty good and it's free!

xerxes

I was using emoze until I discovered mail2web did a free Outlook Web Access with ActiveSync profile.

http://live.mail2web.com

I simply forward my Gmail to that. It means I don't have to leave my PC running, it also means I can forward all my work scheduled events to it, and it will notify me as an email, and I just tap accept to add it to my calendar.

Only draw back compared to paid sites, and rasberry connect is that it has any outgoing mail from your mail2web account, rather than an email address you specify as a return address. If you could do that, it would be perfect, but I just pop a note in the signature not to use that as a primary address for me, and to continue using my Gmail account.

• 3 months later...
Guest schriss

Does emoze sync subfolders for you guys? I've selected all subfolders for syncing, but mine doesn't want to. No exchange here, just plain PST and POP3 accounts.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MikeSel
Does emoze sync subfolders for you guys? I've selected all subfolders for syncing, but mine doesn't want to. No exchange here, just plain PST and POP3 accounts.

I use emoze an have done for ages.. Like you however, is seems to sync the actual folders.. Just not the items inside them!

I had a few issues with a corrupt emoze inbox once, and found the un install doesn't actually fully remove it. But I did it manually an now it work a treat. But yeah, I would like to find a fix for the subfolder issue.. Maybe worth a email to their tech support... *Boots up outlook*

I will post a response if I get one..

• 1 month later...
Guest MikeSel

Forgot about this thread until I saw someone had visited my site from here....

I got a reply from Emoze, and they have since released several new versions..

The latest I can confirm works with Windows Vista Business and the Orange M3100

The only time I now have problems with it is when we have power cuts.

• 1 month later...
Guest colinp
Forgot about this thread until I saw someone had visited my site from here....

I got a reply from Emoze, and they have since released several new versions..

The latest I can confirm works with Windows Vista Business and the Orange M3100

The only time I now have problems with it is when we have power cuts.

how dose it work with vista???? it requires activesync

• 1 year later...
Guest Giffas
how dose it work with vista???? it requires activesync

if i use PC Connect it asks me for a user name and password

i can't see the option on the site to register for this ???

Guest PPCInformer

I used it on Vista with Outlook 2007 , but my vista started playing up and i couldnt open outlook , rename , move files etc . I stopped emoze client and removed it from start up and every thing seems to be ok now.

This might be an isolated incident , having said that the service offered by them is gr8 for a free service...

Guest jimbouk

I have it set up on my wife's pc for her. It wasn't that obvious on the set up but it runs on Vista Business and Outlook 2007 fine.

The only downside is she shares the pc with the kids and they all have their own logins so if the pc restarts when we are away (due to windows updates etc), it doesnt auto login and start outlook.

But then she can access a webmail client anyway for new items, so its manageable.

Guest Giffas
if i use PC Connect it asks me for a user name and password

i can't see the option on the site to register for this ???

can some 1 tell me how to get the user name and password to set up on my pc ... .

sorry guys but new to this and having problems