Wozbacca

Wozbacca

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
haha, patches o'hoolahan! genius...

as for the tarrif....,

i do think the messenger thing is very wierd... i did ask CS to confirm about this but it is true apparently...

what whould happen if you installed agile messenger or something i dont know.

how can the tell the difference between the traffic types, and why arent they more bothered about shoutcast internet/mp3 radio rather than text instant messaging!?

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Devices:iphone
  • Twitter:@robgordon

Nice Avatar spacerace, where did you get that from? :)

Not sure if you're actually asking (?) but it's a screengrab from the film Dodgeball, which (sadly) brings me to tears of laughter...

jayz1220

jayz1220

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:TyTn II, SPV M3100
Hey Everyone,

I just called orange, and the CS rep put me through to the data team, who promptly said that there was no 8 unlimited bolt on. When I asked him to go find out he just said there was definitely not one on the system. (typical orange CS :) )

Im guessing they have not told all the CS reps yet and I got stuck with an arrogant lazy employee. Wozbacca if you got it enabled, did you catch a name for the new bolt on?

Thanks

Edited by jayz1220, 26 July 2006 - 03:19 PM.

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

i do think the messenger thing is very wierd... i did ask CS to confirm about this but it is true apparently...

what whould happen if you installed agile messenger or something i dont know.

how can the tell the difference between the traffic types, and why arent they more bothered about shoutcast internet/mp3 radio rather than text instant messaging!?

I agree, it's crazy. However it's also something T-Mobile stipulate as an exclusion so it's obviously something the networks have got worked up about. If they really wanted to they could tell by the traffic type, although with newer versions of IM auto negotiating firewalls by hopping onto Port 80 this would require increasingly greater levels of scrutiny. I would assume they are referring to any brand of instant messaging service, and the more cynical side of me feels it's really aimed at IM services that offer VOIP routing....

hotphil

hotphil

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 1020
  • Twitter:@_phil_kingston
It'll be because the networks are working on their own cross-network chargeable (!!!) IM system...

NikLP

NikLP

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Devices:Touch HD
  • Twitter:@NikLP
GAAH!!

My contract runs out in six days and now another one of these "we're not quite sure yet" stories. :)

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond

It'll be because the networks are working on their own cross-network chargeable (!!!) IM system...

And factor in that texting income would plummet if we could all leave our IM's on all the time and send free messages...

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

budgeuk

budgeuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:M5000

Rumours abound... MoDaCo member Wozbacca called Orange today to ask about the M3100, trying the CS staff lottery and see if anyone knew anything. She said that its still in testing, and should be out before the end of the month.

However, that's not all... i'll let Wozbacca pick up the story...
Intriguing, and also seems somewhat unlikely that IM traffic can be charged seperately (read impossible).

The question is... has anyone signed up for this, and does anyone have more information?

P

[Edited for News by Paul (MVP): Thanks Wozbacca for the heads up!]

i have just spoken with Orange and they told me that it did include IM, she said every thing i have now will be the same. just 8 a month and unlimited.

i signed up for it straight away

julianmclean

julianmclean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV C500

i have just spoken with Orange and they told me that it did include IM, she said every thing i have now will be the same. just 8 a month and unlimited.

i signed up for it straight away

Hsa it been added to your account from now, or do you need to wait until your next billing period? Let us know how it goes...I'm in the same position as a few others - waiting to jump ship to t-mobile for Vario II, but will stay if they can upgrade me for a decent price and this data deal.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
I just spoke the O and the new data tariff "hasn't been released yet and they aren't allowed to give any more details yet"!

So I guess it is true but not being launched officially til 1st August or something...

Saif

Saif

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
absolutely same position as you....

just been couting the days as it were for T to release some decent handsets allowing me to jump from O.

been out of contract for some time now but wasn't prepared to end up with an outdated handset... (would probably have gone for the Blackberry 8700g if I had too jump ship straight away - ducks for cover) but lets give O a chance and see what they come up with...

Anybody have any experience with moving from personal contract to business one? Want to transfer this number to a business account at same time as upgrade etc....

ta

Hsa it been added to your account from now, or do you need to wait until your next billing period? Let us know how it goes...I'm in the same position as a few others - waiting to jump ship to t-mobile for Vario II, but will stay if they can upgrade me for a decent price and this data deal.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Anybody have any experience with moving from personal contract to business one? Want to transfer this number to a business account at same time as upgrade etc....

Thats exactly what I am doing! Haven't gone through the hoops yet - but am going to research the best business deals versus the best personal deals they offer me, and if the personal ones are better then just claim the phone bill from my work each month.

nuttyphilt

nuttyphilt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 3GS 32GB, T-Mo Pulse

Thats exactly what I am doing! Haven't gone through the hoops yet - but am going to research the best business deals versus the best personal deals they offer me, and if the personal ones are better then just claim the phone bill from my work each month.

I notice that Scancom are are offering a pretty good deal on a 12 month Business tariff. Phone is 79.99 then 13 a month for 6 months, 26 a month for the next 6 months. Add VAT onto all of these and it works out about 370 for the year - pretty cheap. I signed up for it but they called me and said it wasn't available to consumers, only registered businesses. So I'm now waiting for them to quote me a price on a consumer tariff...

Chiz

Chiz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Smartphones, PPC, Music, Squash
  • Devices:MDA Vario III
I would be well interested in this but from the replies to this post it seems like there is a lot of uncertainty among OCS. So is it available or not :)

Edited by Chiz, 27 July 2006 - 08:04 AM.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
As of right now - its not available - but the fact that some O people have given out details and others have confirmed that it isnt available and they are not allowed to give any details, means that it is coming soon. I would guess a 1st August launch for the data plan.

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Orange Premier CS just told me "there is one coming, but on the 1st August" He wasn't aware of any restrictions on the usage, but is going to look into it and ring me back this morning...

Edited by spacerace, 27 July 2006 - 08:17 AM.

Saif

Saif

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Orange Premier CS just told me "there is one coming, but on the 1st August" He wasn't aware of any restrictions on the usage, but is oging to look into it and ring me back this morning...

heres to waiting then...

would be grand if they released the 3100 and the data plan at the same time.... but that really would be wishful thinking!

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
Spooky that!

budgeuk

budgeuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:M5000

Orange Premier CS just told me "there is one coming, but on the 1st August" He wasn't aware of any restrictions on the usage, but is going to look into it and ring me back this morning...

well i am on Orange Premier and she was happy to move me over.. how ever i do spend about 100+ a month.... in regards to when it is starting... 7th aug.. that is my next billing period.

so in short vicky at orange has moved my data bundle to unlimited and she even said IM is ok too.

her words u have what u have now but unlimited.

Ben

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

OK the CS rep rang back to say that there WAS a restriction on using the phone as a modem to another device (tethering) but there was nothing he could find re: any IM restrictions. basically he was told the data must be used directly by the handset e.g. the handsets built in browser or other on-board software...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users