spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Devices:iphone
  • Twitter:@robgordon

So,, after reading all of this we don't appear to be any wiser as to what exactly Orange are offering, seems to be a case of how they feel at the time you phone.
But what I wanna know is I'm not due an upgrade for months yet, so has anyone managed to get the Orange World Unlimted added to their account WITHOUT doing an upgrade.

I tried this about a week ago and could have had it added (without an upgrade) except that I am technically not a 3G customer - which you have to be.

They wouldn't make me a 3G customer as I don't have a 3G handset, even though I said I could get one. You have to _become_ a 3G customer via their system issuing you a 3G handset. I only recently had an upgrade so wasn't going to pay silly money to get another one right now.

So in summary, although I didn't quite manage it, yes I'm sure you can have this added on without upgrading as long as you are on a qualifying tariff.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
OWU is not only available to 3G! It is also available to GPRS users.

Try 3G is the only thing that is limited to 3g.

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

eaglesrest

eaglesrest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:SPV M3100
Hi,

Can anyone who has actually got Orange World unlimited confirm how it appears online when viewing your account bundles?

I have had a battle with OCS trying to get this, and as I am within my 14 day new customer period was going to walk, to web and walk.

They finally said they were going to add it (for 8 a month) and it has appeared on my bundles as "Orange World Browsing". Is this the unlimited 3G data deal?

I want to make sure I've not been given the wrong option leading to loads of data charges and worse still, missing out on the chance to get a better deal on t-mobile if necessary.

Thanks

Zahid

Zahid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I spoke with Retentions today about the deal they offered me including an upgrade to the M3100 which arrived today. I asked if I could have the Orange World Unlimited Bundle at 8.

She said she needed to speak to customer services and went away for a couple of minutes. When she came back she said ok I'll add it to your account :D

Or so I thought! She then said "oh, you're on Select 500, I don't think we can give it to you on this tariff. Let me put you on hold again and I'll find out".

When she came back she said she can only add it to the animal tariffs. So I asked if I was on the Canary tariff then I could have it? She said I could.

I said I'd rather stay on Select 500 and have it :D

The upgrade was delivered today and I said I'd like to return it and go to T mobile. She put me through to Upgrades to return the phone.

So, spoke to a girl in Upgrades and I explained the above. She said if she could get me the Orange Wold Unlimited bundle would I then keep the upgrade and stay with Orange.

Of course, I said.

After a few minutes on hold she said she can't find the Orange World Unlimited bundle on her system to be able to add it. She asked whether it was the 3 month 100MB or whatever thingy, and I said no, it was unlimited data for the length of the contract,.

Bottom line is that she said if I could give her a mobile number with the Orange World Unlimited bundle on it, then she would sort it out. She gave me her name and extension number.

If anyone who has this is willing to let me use their number to get it applied to my account, I'll give them a 'thankyou' via cheque or bank transfer or paypal. Rest assured I won't use your number for anything else. Please message me if you can help.

Edited by Zahid, 30 August 2006 - 02:38 PM.

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

OWU is not only available to 3G! It is also available to GPRS users.

Try 3G is the only thing that is limited to 3g.

Interesting, I was told it was only for 3G users. I will ring CS back.

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...

Interesting, I was told it was only for 3G users. I will ring CS back.

I've just pointed my latest retentions rep to their own terms page: http://www1.orange.co.uk/ow1/ after the first one denied all knowledge of it....

seems it is 3g only?

The STILL don't believe me it exists!

Grrrrrr....

Richard

edit - 20 mins on hold to be told it still doesn't exist and the CS / retentions reps can't see external internet sites......goodbye orange, hello (again) t-mob?....

Supervisor 'Noel' is going to look into it and call me back. Why is this like pulling my teeth out with rusty pliers?....

Edited by fluffcat1, 30 August 2006 - 04:30 PM.

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

mountee

mountee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:SPV M500
Just a little update...left Orange now (been with them 10+ years) because over the confusion of data and that I can't use my laptop with Orange.

I see little point to 3g to a phone if you can't use it for laptop aswell when you want to,

Gone to T-Mobile and it's awesome.

Customer services for business are 3 rings (15 seconds) I got three Vario II's and their 3g/HSDPA rocks!

I've never been happier with my mobile server and the transfer process was easy with zero down time for my lines.

I can't recommened it more. Sorry for the t-mobile plug, I never thought I would be, having recommended orange for years, but they've really really lost the plot.

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

I've just pointed my latest retentions rep to their own terms page: http://www1.orange.co.uk/ow1/ after the first one denied all knowledge of it....

seems it is 3g only?

The STILL don't believe me it exists!

Grrrrrr....

Richard

edit - 20 mins on hold to be told it still doesn't exist and the CS / retentions reps can't see external internet sites......goodbye orange, hello (again) t-mob?....

Supervisor 'Noel' is going to look into it and call me back. Why is this like pulling my teeth out with rusty pliers?....

ok I rang OCS this afternoon and HAVE got the Orange World Unlimited added to my account, without upgrading and without having my account classified as 3G.

the guy I spoke to hadn't heard of it, but I just kept saying "look in your new offers section" and he eventually found it. glad I've got it sorted as the offer ends tomorrow ! he confirmed I should see it as a bundle on my online account and that it was active "now". I'm going to wait until midnight before I up the sync frequency on AS and browse lots of sites...

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Hi,

Can anyone who has actually got Orange World unlimited confirm how it appears online when viewing your account bundles?

I have had a battle with OCS trying to get this, and as I am within my 14 day new customer period was going to walk, to web and walk.

They finally said they were going to add it (for 8 a month) and it has appeared on my bundles as "Orange World Browsing". Is this the unlimited 3G data deal?

I want to make sure I've not been given the wrong option leading to loads of data charges and worse still, missing out on the chance to get a better deal on t-mobile if necessary.

Thanks

this is what has appeared on my online account info yes. I'm not a 3G customer so it's basically unlimited data for either GPRS or 3G - just depends on what you have...

NikLP

NikLP

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Devices:Touch HD
  • Twitter:@NikLP

So,, after reading all of this we don't appear to be any wiser as to what exactly Orange are offering, seems to be a case of how they feel at the time you phone.
But what I wanna know is I'm not due an upgrade for months yet, so has anyone managed to get the Orange World Unlimted added to their account WITHOUT doing an upgrade.

^^ Thanks Jim, at least for recognising the fact! :D :D

As for without upgrade, I'd guess your chances are fairly slim!
It seems pretty slim even WITH an upgrade. Even then you've got to play the OCS lottery. Keep phoning them and having the same conversation until you hit the JP (that's Jackpot to you lot). Boring, but, at this stage, unfortunately necessary. Play the T&C web page card if you like, it worked for me. The woman who eventually signed me up for it (I'll be waiting another 8 days yet for it to appear on my account sadly) had never heard of it but she was well chuffed when I informed her and she sorted it out, cos it meant she would get more conversions (and therefore extra bonus).

MARKUKCOUK

MARKUKCOUK

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

^^ Thanks Jim, at least for recognising the fact! :D :D

As for without upgrade, I'd guess your chances are fairly slim!
It seems pretty slim even WITH an upgrade. Even then you've got to play the OCS lottery. Keep phoning them and having the same conversation until you hit the JP (that's Jackpot to you lot). Boring, but, at this stage, unfortunately necessary. Play the T&C web page card if you like, it worked for me. The woman who eventually signed me up for it (I'll be waiting another 8 days yet for it to appear on my account sadly) had never heard of it but she was well chuffed when I informed her and she sorted it out, cos it meant she would get more conversions (and therefore extra bonus).

Right, I'll post some grabs of my pdf bill soon, but just to confirm... i have unlimited data, although it is limited to 1000 meg. I believe that may be like tmobile tho - the computer wont let them put it any higher!

[sigtracker]2480[/sigtracker]

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil

Right, I'll post some grabs of my pdf bill soon, but just to confirm... i have unlimited data, although it is limited to 1000 meg. I believe that may be like tmobile tho - the computer wont let them put it any higher!

So long as you don't just have 3G try which gives you 1Gb / month for the first 3 months. :D

T don't bother measuring data anymore - no point :D

I hope you're right and you do have unlimited data - it's great. But why won't O just let everyone have it like T do.

You know the probs you had getting it, I'm glad you did, but why should you have to go through that?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
See my comments on the other data thread...ie that O may be happier having fewer "unlimited" clients - namely those that already have big talk plans and thus they want to keep them (for their talkplan income), plus the rest of their customer base paying per mb (and thus earn more per mb from smaller talkplan clients) - whereas T have used the wnw business model to try to get as many data hungry users (who may also spend money on calls) to stay with them or defect to them.

I am amazed at gow many people of here complain about O's data plans when they actually only spend 35 per month on their phones - I know many people who spend 100 plus per month (mainly on calls and texts) and if I was O, that is who I would want propping up my sales figures.

Luckily its a free world and we can all pick and choose which model we want to play with.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
I just checked and my TRY 3G has been added this morning as promised. I upgraded three weeks ago but had to wait to my next billing date for my existing data bundle to expire. So now I get to seriously hammer O's bandwidth...and then wait til 3rd Dec to see if the OWU goes on the account as smoothly.

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

So long as you don't just have 3G try which gives you 1Gb / month for the first 3 months. :D

Well I definitely don't have the Try 3G as I'm not a 3G customer with Orange at the moment. I have got the bundle added, but I guess there's no guaranteed way of knowing it is actually doing unlimited data until the next bill comes in....

Wozbacca

Wozbacca

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
just to update you all, i got my first bill in since i've had the 8pm bundle on my m3100,

i've used my phone for 3g, push email, downloading applications over 3g/gprs/msn messenger/agile messenger and anything else i can think of, and i've had confirmation from orange that i havent been charged for anything other than 8 bundle price.

so all in all, although orange are not marketing it or pushing it, it looks like its exactly the same as t-mobile's WnW apart from the tarrif on which you bundle it to

so the finale word and 28 pages later:

8pm is proper unlimited gprs/3G on orange...

MARKUKCOUK

MARKUKCOUK

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
Guess who's back :D

Attached File  BILL1.JPG   48.97KB   159 downloads
Attached File  BILL2.JPG   488.33KB   142 downloads

I love Orange :D

NikLP

NikLP

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Devices:Touch HD
  • Twitter:@NikLP

EXCELLENT! :D *rubs hands with glee*

Just think, next month you'll be able to browse a whole 1.2 million WAP pages...

... or is that just putting the cat back in with the pigeons...? :D

Dakers

Dakers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Vario II,Nokia N80,iPhone 16GB

grrr.. as soon as I saw the post go up I was on the phone to Orange Upgrades. I was hoping to keep my 12 month 500mins/500texts bundle for 38 as I didn't fancy an 18month tariff, and after a quick request they dropped the upgrade price of the handset from 99 to nothing, but she wouldn't budge on adding the Orange Work Bundle as she said I needed to be on Panther and that the offer had expired. Not sure whether to try my luck with Retentions or just throw it in and get a guaranteed deal from Tmobile!

MARKUKCOUK

MARKUKCOUK

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

EXCELLENT! :D *rubs hands with glee*

Just think, next month you'll be able to browse a whole 1.2 million WAP pages...

... or is that just putting the cat back in with the pigeons...? :D

Hmm.. I didn't get that? Am I stupid?

Anyway, if you look at your M3100... data is called "Orange WAP" but its really the normal GPRS/3G... its just Orange are stupid.

I'm not gonna test the 1000 meg thing, but I have a feeling it is actually very much like TMobiles Web and Walk actually being limited to 50 meg (its not, but on their systems, it the only one they can choose!)

By the way, ive streamed Passion Radio through onto my car radio and used MSN :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users