Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest spacerace
I checked this morning and I have the 250mb OBS (business) Bundle on my account as a temporary fix.

According to their records I only use 40 mb a month... I reckon its actually closer to 300mb...

I'll see if I can get that added on.

Anyone using 31MB+ is in the same boat regardless though.

Guest Confucious

Aaaaaagggghhhh!

If you are only using 40Mb then 250 is fine, but if, on the other hand, you are using 300Mb then you will be screwed.

What with Voda giving 500Mb free (if you exclude the fact they've put their prices up by £5/month) and O2 als doing better bundles, now is probably a good time to look around.

Why on earth do Orange make it so difficult, you KNOW they can do OWU if they want too so why don't they?

Good luck, hope you both get it sorted.

Guest spacerace

Panther 40 and Panther 45 now have an option of "250MB Unlimited Mobile Browsing" so there may be a non 'business' route for getting the 250MB. Still nowhere near the OWU offer but much better than 30MB!

Guest Confucious

But still only on expensive plans...

I now have 3Gb but even on the 1Gb T-Mob W'n'W I never had to think about data usage. I have used over 500Mb but not a lot, so anything less than 500Mb and I would have to think about my usage. With 1Gb you just don't have to think about it, it's far more than you'll use on your phone unless you use it as a modem (which is why T give 3Gb on modem plans). What I'm saying (I think) is that even 250Mb is not exactly generous and to make you get an expensive plan just to get that I think is not 'competitive' - if you want to use data you still need a really good reason to stay with O.

Of course, if you only use occasional data then 250Mb or even 30Mb may be enough, but to me that defeats the point of having a SmartPhone.

Just my 2d's worth.

Guest Dr Who

Leave. Leave now. The competition is bright and it ain't orange.

TBH I can't believe this one is still running. Wasn't there some talk that O were going to offer unlimited data for a flat fee 'in a month' in summer 2006? I remember fighting with them then to get the same package that a lot of other people had not problem having added and in the end walked away. Sooooo, very pleased I did.

Guest jimbouk

I am happy with the 250mb on my Kaiser for now (that covers dierct push, surfing, msn etc) - but have today popped a 3 payg sim in my laptops WWAN HSDPA slot and can now easily just pay £10 top up for 1gb of data for 30 days for more serious data requirements.

Guest Confucious

Glad you're happy with that, but having to pay an extra £10 is a bit off. Hopefully you won't need it that often!

PS Was in a basement in central London today - no reception on T or O2 but the people on Orange were OK!

Guest jimbouk

I have been working near Old Street recently and all my clients' Iphones on 02 keep losing signal - but Orange is very good.

I was impressed with 3 on the laptop too - a good 2mb download in Fulham and N1 today.

Guest moodog

I'm on a month by month deal now (contract ran out last november and don't want another 12/18 month lock in). If I were to call Orange and try to get additional data added, would they lock me in to a contract? I don't want another contract at this stage, but could do with a bit more than 4MB data per month...

Guest jimbouk

If you speak to retentions and suggest that you are going to leave purely for data reasons, they might let you have the 250mb bundle on a month by month basis. That's what they have done for me.

• 1 year later...

I have just gone back to Orange after having my Vario III on T Mo.

Getting the HTC Hero on Dolphin 45 or something with 500mb of data in the price.

Time for a change and the T Mo signal in my house (or the suggested coverage on their site for the postcode) is not good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.