• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

meatgrinder

meatgrinder

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
anyone know where i can track this down if need be? i remember there used to be a website that had mpx200 casings, along with some other handsets - or would ebay be the best bet?

also, would a dummy phone be a suitable candidate for a transplant?

Dave

ex-member of the MSMobilenews.com team!

Check out the site here!

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=130010609054

I've done instructions in the maigcian section to strip the m500 as well. It's not a VPA casing but you can remove the orange logo's easily enough.

Richard

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

meatgrinder

meatgrinder

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
alright mate, thanks for the quick reply, i seen that on ebay - do you know about using a dummy phone for a transplant? i was actually looking for one that had a screen cover as well... :)

cheers in advance!

Dave

Check out the site here!

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

alright mate, thanks for the quick reply, i seen that on ebay - do you know about using a dummy phone for a transplant? i was actually looking for one that had a screen cover as well... :)

cheers in advance!

Dave

You mean a new digitiser? That's going to be about 30 excluding LCD extra and will take a bit of fitting. You'll probably do more damage unless you've done one before IMO. Read XDA-developers for some horror stories.

The dummy phones will just have a bit of perspex there cut to the rough shape - not an actual digitiser sadly as if they did they'd be a bit of a bargain :-(

Richard

meatgrinder

meatgrinder

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
brilliant mate, i dont actually own an m500, i'm just posting on behalf of a mate, not entirely sure what it consists of, but that makes sense - any reccomendations for removing scratches from a digitiser?

Dave

Check out the site here!

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

brilliant mate, i dont actually own an m500, i'm just posting on behalf of a mate, not entirely sure what it consists of, but that makes sense - any reccomendations for removing scratches from a digitiser?

Dave

Umm, you could try a screen protector over the top but don't try rubbing any scratches out as if you strectch the tension film of the digitiser it will start responding funny and need recalibrating all the time. Unless they are really bad scracthes I'd live with it - as it may get worse with repair attempts, otherwise get a new digitiser and swop it out.

Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users