Coke Zero

Guest greenturtle

Guest mini_man

300_cokezero.jpg

The latest Coke with no sugar!

Came back from a dog walk earlier and picked up a Coke Zero from a shop because I thought Id have a try of the latest coke invention that claims it has the same great Coke taste with no sugar.

YUCK! Its gross! It tasted like crap let alone coke! poured some into a glass for my parents and they had to agree.

Has anyone tasted this rubbish yet or is it just my family that thinks its disgusting!

Sam

Guest danwatson1974

It's nasty ... and I still don't understand why it's any different to diet coke , which was a coke with .... er..... no sugar in it, which is pretty much what they are trying to flog Coke Zero as :)

Edited by danwatson1974

Guest mike-oh
I think it was ment for guys who dont like ordering drinks with the word "Diet" in it.

What?! actually i suppose it doesn't suprise me that some marketing firm came up that BS.

I prefer diet to normal coke. It's nicer as a mixer and i won't end up looking like your average american after a couple of glasses ;) and i'm perfectly comfortable with ordering a diet drink!

I've not tried coke zero yet. But I too am struggling to differentiate between that and diet!? :)

Guest kelv23

I bought a bottle of zero as my kids teeth are a bit sensitive, I tried it and thought it was OK (Im more of a No added sugar cordial man myself). The kids never touched it again and I dont think Ill be hunting it down again any time soon. AFAIK its Diet Coke with some ingredient taken out, not sure what though

Guest Pondrew

Hmmm. Surprised non of you have drawn Pepsi Max into this as I understand Coke Zero is a direct attempt by Coca Cola to counter that product of Pepsi's...

I won't touch Diet Coke with a barge pole. Think it tastes horrid. Coke Zero isn't as nice as regular Coke but I choose it over Diet Coke.

Guest mini_man

Hmm I actually thought it tasted a bit like pepsi but I never drink the stuff really anyway.

Is pepsi max like diet pepsi then?

Guest pisquee

I don't think either diet coke and coke zero taste as good as real 'fat' coke, although both are preferable to the unhealthy effects of 'fat' coke. I haven't tasted them side by side (zero and diet) to really compare.

On the subject of FantaZ, I love it ... prefer it to the tast of 'fat' Fanta, and diet.

Guest Pondrew
Hmm I actually thought it tasted a bit like pepsi but I never drink the stuff really anyway.

Is pepsi max like diet pepsi then?

Pepsi made a song and dance about Pepsi Max with the slogan 'Max Taste, No Sugar'. Sound familiar? Well, Coke are declaring that Coke Zero is 'coke taste without the sugar'. Can you say "rip off"?!

never tried it but will do!

I prefer Pepsi Max (yes i know this is a coke topic!):)

you see you have to look at it from the financial point of view too! ;)

coke are pretty much probably going a bit slow in that area - they have to make new ideas (which never work out) as this one prooves :D

Edited by Tech

Guest bennish

Vanilla coke all the way, nothing but.

Diet and coke zero are incredibly disgusting. It's like drinking from a puddle (not that I'd know of course).

Here's what I consider to be the quality ones in order of nice to god-awful:

Vanilla Coke

Pepsi

Regular Coke

Diet Pepsi

Diet Coke

Coke Zero

Guest niacin65
Have to agree with you there :)

Try lving here in Asia where the only low cal choice we have is Coke LIGHT....yuk, bring back Tab and Fresca, hee hee

Guest jm012a9749
Hmmm. Surprised non of you have drawn Pepsi Max into this as I understand Coke Zero is a direct attempt by Coca Cola to counter that product of Pepsi's...

I won't touch Diet Coke with a barge pole. Think it tastes horrid. Coke Zero isn't as nice as regular Coke but I choose it over Diet Coke.

got to agree with you there pondrew. diet coke doesnt taste like real coke. to me coke zero just tastes of sweetners so urgh :) you can even SMELL the difference between the three! its only subtle but you still can. anyway rant over... real coca-cola rules ;)

Guest danwatson1974

Spot on!

I like Coke (or Pepsi) because it has :

A lot of Sugar in it

A lot of caffeine in it

A reasonable affinity with Bacardi Rum

That's it. Those are the only reasons for drinking Coke or Pepsi that I am aware of - certainly not because I enjoy the taste of caramelised water with vegetable extracts in it :)

Coke Zero is almost (almost!) as pointless as Kaliber.

Guest nickcornaglia

There is NOTHING better than Diet pepsi in my opinion.

I dont drink coffee or tea. I have a RedBull in the morning (do you have that there? I'm sure you do) Then 1 Liter of Diet pepsi for the rest of the day. There is nothing like the BURN of the first icy cold sip of diet pepsi. Plus...if the lid is on the bottle...I can let it sit out (indoors) all night and it's still good the next day. Colder is best...but room temperature is good as well.

Coke Zero has been around here for some time. I will get it when there is no DietPepsi around. But I CANT STAND Diet Coke, Diet Coke w/Lime, Vanilla Coke. Regular Coke or Pepsi either.

Once you drink diet....you can't go back.

There was another coke here called C2 that didnt make it. It was half Regular Coke, Half Diet Coke...therefore half the calories. It flopped.

I remember Crystal Pepsi which was clear cola....that didnt make it either.

DIET PEPSI

Diet Mountain Dew

Coke Zero

Diet Coke

But in the end...I need to stop drinking Soda one day. I'm addicted to the caffine. I get flu-like symptoms (headaches, sweats, chills, vommitting) when I try to stop. I need to do it gradually and just switch to water.