Coke Zero

Guest greenturtle

Guest ElGato65
Hmmm. Surprised non of you have drawn Pepsi Max into this as I understand Coke Zero is a direct attempt by Coca Cola to counter that product of Pepsi's...

I won't touch Diet Coke with a barge pole. Think it tastes horrid. Coke Zero isn't as nice as regular Coke but I choose it over Diet Coke.

Never liked any of the "Diet" cola's, and to be honest I wouldn't say I was immediately taken to Pepsi Max, but I wouldn't drink anything else now. Used to swear by Coke, never too keen on Pepsi, but tried some the other day and although I wouldn't say I dislike it now, it wasn't as good as I remember. Pepsi Max now anytime.

Guess I should add that I did try Coke Zero and although I'd prefer it over Diet anything, I currently prefer the Pepsi Max taste. I did feel though that it reminded me of my first taste of Pepsi Max, not bad, but not brilliant.

By the way, didn't vote as none of the options were remotely appropriate for me.

Edited by ElGato65

Guest Jamma14

Still haven't tried coke zero, but HERE's an article explaining the differences between it and diet coke, (so basically just marketing diet coke to men who don't want to be drinking "diet" drinks)...personally I don't drink cola very often, but I prefer Pepsi to Coke!

• 1 month later...

How does coke zero fair with mentos, that's what I wonder.

Personally I like the full-fat coke. I use it more as a pick me up than a regular drink tho...lots of sugar and caffine!! :D If you want caffine without sugar, have a cuppa. It's actually good for you while various artificial sweeteners have been pulled off the market (or renamed!) due to health fears.

Guest genaldar

I switched to diet pop (mostly) and I tried everything available by coke or pepsi. Of the bunch I liked diet cherry coke the best (diet cherry pepsi is ok too). But what I can't stand is a pop with vanilla or cream flavors.

Never heard of pepsi max, must not be available over here.

Oh ya before I forget, cheap shot at americans mike-oh.

Guest The Doctor
DIET PEPSI

Diet Mountain Dew

Coke Zero

Diet Coke

What ever happened to mountain dew over here in the UK? Used to be my absolute favorite drink of all time! I still remember the old adverts for it:

Wild colour, smooth taste

:D

Phil

Guest undergrid
It's nasty ... and I still don't understand why it's any different to diet coke , which was a coke with .... er..... no sugar in it, which is pretty much what they are trying to flog Coke Zero as :rolleyes:

Actually, IIRC, diet coke has a taste more akin to "new" coke (if you remember that abomination), whereas Coke Zero is supposed to taste like Coke but without the sugar.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest richard_d
Actually, IIRC, diet coke has a taste more akin to "new" coke (if you remember that abomination), whereas Coke Zero is supposed to taste like Coke but without the sugar.

Coke Zero lacks the very chemically aftertaste you get with Diet coke. It's not perfect but the artifical sweetner seems better.

Not being dumb enough to pay through the nose for 'big name brand' fizzy pop, I'm content to let the suckers pay a premium to cover the manufacturers' advertising costs... I buy the supermarkets own brand of soft drinks, they're a hell of a sight cheaper and plenty good enough for my unsophisticated palate! :rolleyes:

Sp00k...

Edited by Sp00k