Program Memory of Dopod818 Pro

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Hi mga kaSPAMyan! ;) I really need help. I tried searching this site for the answers but I don't know If I'm just really bad at searching since I couldn't seem to find the answer to my query. I've read in other forums that when you do a hardreset then softreset of the Prophet before installation of the cab files, you will be able to achieve a higher program memory. I tried that but I can't seem to get past 25mb of program memory. I need a larger program memory since I'm using opera browser and use about 2-3 new windows and that takes a lot out of my program memory.

I also tried deleting the cab files in my extension rom but it's still the same. Does anyone know how I can achieve a higher program memory for running apps? Or just point me to the right direction. I would really appreciate it. I'm getting REALLY frustrated. I'm starting to regret trading in my old xda mini for the prophet. :D

Tuuuuloooooonnngg!!!! :)

Guest ppcsurfr
Hi mga kaSPAMyan! ;) I really need help. I tried searching this site for the answers but I don't know If I'm just really bad at searching since I couldn't seem to find the answer to my query. I've read in other forums that when you do a hardreset then softreset of the Prophet before installation of the cab files, you will be able to achieve a higher program memory. I tried that but I can't seem to get past 25mb of program memory. I need a larger program memory since I'm using opera browser and use about 2-3 new windows and that takes a lot out of my program memory.

I also tried deleting the cab files in my extension rom but it's still the same. Does anyone know how I can achieve a higher program memory for running apps? Or just point me to the right direction. I would really appreciate it. I'm getting REALLY frustrated. I'm starting to regret trading in my old xda mini for the prophet. :D

Tuuuuloooooonnngg!!!! :)

How much program memory are you expecting to gain? The Dopod 818 pro is almost in its barest form. If you are comparing it to the O2 version of the device, or some other similar device which install extra applications during initialization after a hard reset, then you won't gain much program memory from the Dopod.

Other units have unique applications that actually hog memory. You are looking at all those bells and whistles they load up after a hard reset. The 818 pro has nearly none except for the configuration files for your SIM card, the Voice Commander, and probably a few other applications. None of these really take up program memory unless they are activated. Program memory is basically your RAM and when you have the OS running along with the phone edition specific apps running like phone, sms, mms and the like... everything is pretty much what you can only get.

I'm using an 838 right now and I see about 18.89MB free in Program memory... I'm using about 25.12MB... I think your 818 pro will reflect a similar value. That's pretty much everything...

The only way to increase RAM is if you can change the memory chip to a bigger one... Deleting things in ROM will not do anything because that is a completely different chip you are talking about...

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo