93 replies to this topic

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Devices:Nokia n82 (hacked)

You need to have sound enabled as avalon said or it won't get past the logo...and if that doesn't work and your are able to, try deleting your .srm save file as it might have become corrupted and it is crashing when it loads the sram.

James

hm yea iv tried all of those and that didnt really work... but i found out that u cant hav any frameskip. everytime i launched it with frameskip it wouldnt work. then i launched it without frameskip and it played fine. so i went back into the setting while it was playin and enabled frameskip again and it froze.

so yea frameskip is doin it.

can anyone acually play it with frameskip turned on?

my signature is too long

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

You need to have sound enabled as avalon said or it won't get past the logo...and if that doesn't work and your are able to, try deleting your .srm save file as it might have become corrupted and it is crashing when it loads the sram.

James

acually i found out it was just the auto frameskip being turned on that did that. u can still set the number of frames to be skipped but just to set auto frameskip. so ignore my last post

Edited by mikeeey, 06 August 2006 - 01:09 AM.

my signature is too long

zfunk007

zfunk007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:2125
Super Metroid has always worked well for me. Frameskip and all. One of the best running games I have tried on this emulator. If anyone else has any status reports on how other games run let me know so I can try them as well.

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Super Metroid has always worked well for me. Frameskip and all. One of the best running games I have tried on this emulator. If anyone else has any status reports on how other games run let me know so I can try them as well.

has it ever just quit the program while u were playing? not with just super metroid but with anything?

my signature is too long

xer099

xer099

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Tmobile MDA, Dash

here i am friends,
here's Sm@rtSnes V2 (translate in english 4u) with sounds options....
go to options-sounds-enable emulation and synchro....YOU MUST RE-LAUCH SM@RTSNES TO ENABLE SOUND!!!
you will found french version on:
Smartphone france
Sincerly, AvAlon5
:)

Hi avalon5,

I'm trying to get your software to work on my Tmobile Dash (HTC Excalibur), but it does not seem to support the QVGA landscape screen. If i set it to landscape, the game will not run. If I set it to portrait or portrait large, it runs the game, but does not display correctly. The image is centered ("nintendo" will be centered on the screen), but the right side is cut off and wrapped around to the left side.

Do you have plans to update the software? Do you know of any workarounds for this?

Other than the display problem, the emulator works great. sound plays and speed is excellent.

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Hi avalon5,

I'm trying to get your software to work on my Tmobile Dash (HTC Excalibur), but it does not seem to support the QVGA landscape screen. If i set it to landscape, the game will not run. If I set it to portrait or portrait large, it runs the game, but does not display correctly. The image is centered ("nintendo" will be centered on the screen), but the right side is cut off and wrapped around to the left side.

Do you have plans to update the software? Do you know of any workarounds for this?

Other than the display problem, the emulator works great. sound plays and speed is excellent.

u should probably message avalon5 cuz i bet he never visits this topic anymore

my signature is too long

scootside

scootside

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Dash
Any word on getting this to work on the dash?

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Any word on getting this to work on the dash?

idk. and since avalon made an updated version of smartsnes with sound it made my topic useless lol. does masterall's work on the dash?

my signature is too long

briansda

briansda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Tmobile SDA
Arg I have a personal problem, I cant get anything to load. When I click on Load Rom, it just does nothing... The other options work fine, I tried associating a rom with the exe and it just starts the program and still doesnt load the rom. arg!

feoysolo

feoysolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow

Arg I have a personal problem, I cant get anything to load. When I click on Load Rom, it just does nothing... The other options work fine, I tried associating a rom with the exe and it just starts the program and still doesnt load the rom. arg!

Fer the hundredth time already. You need a utility called tgetfile. Search for it on these forums, you'll find what you need.

Tedorama

Tedorama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC Magician
one game that seems to work a little better on the newer version is donkey kong country 2 (60fps with low quality sound) , although it was also quite good on masterall's pocket snes also (55-60 fps with sound)

the other 2 DKCs both run a lot slower though 30-40 fps on both emus with both games . DKC2 just seems to work fantasticly compared to these.

(edit: Using imate jam PDA@416mhz)

Edited by Tedorama, 03 January 2007 - 06:45 PM.

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

one game that seems to work a little better on the newer version is donkey kong country 2 (60fps with low quality sound) , although it was also quite good on masterall's pocket snes also (55-60 fps with sound)

the other 2 DKCs both run a lot slower though 30-40 fps on both emus with both games . DKC2 just seems to work fantasticly compared to these.

(edit: Using imate jam PDA@416mhz)

yea but one thing that sucks is that it doesnt show up in the task manager. so if someone calls or if u accidently minimize it u cant bring it back up, and u lose ur progress. also it wouldnt sometimes just exit out for me. so i jsut use pocketsnes now. thats weird tho that on a 416mhz processor it isnt 60fps with good sound. on my sda overclocked to 264mhz it plays about 51-55fps on low quality. so i would think that urs would do atleast 2 times as better

my signature is too long

Tedorama

Tedorama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC Magician
Nah pocket snes does not run too good on this pda, picodrive works fantasticly though

Idlewire

Idlewire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack
Anyone have luck running any kind of snes on a blackjack? All versions quit after the file load screen.

ashgotti

ashgotti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
any ideas why I can't switch to portrait view it wont let me select it.

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

any ideas why I can't switch to portrait view it wont let me select it.

cause left and right selects it, up and down goes thru the options.

my signature is too long

ashgotti

ashgotti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
ahhhhh works perfectly now :) thanks.

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

ahhhhh works perfectly now :D thanks.

lol yea keep that in mind cuz ur probably gonna find a lot of other emulators that do that or other apps are gonna do that. :)

my signature is too long

Hugo Manrique Gómez

Hugo Manrique Gómez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I CANT LOAD ANY ROM AND I HAVE THE TGETFILE

Hi, im using a sagem my s-7, i was playing with the pocket snes Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe and all was okey but i DONT HAVE SOUND!

later i read and read and i get the POCKETSNES 1.57 and the SMARTSNES and none work, and i have the latest free tgetfile, i already use all the options, any combination possible and nothing, with none of this programs i cant load a rom, so what can i do?

sorry the bad english.

- I open the POCKETSNES 1.57
- Click on file>load rom
- (tgetfile window) open rom, and i select Super Mario World, is highlight the file.
- Click on done
- NOTHING HEAPEN, and if i do click on File>Resume, the top and bottom menu dissapear and i cant close the program, i have to use oxios memory close apps (and this program [oxios] sometimes crash and i have to remove my battery)

the latest options that i use are:
-sound emulation
-sync sound
- 8bit
- sample rate low

- portrait
- smooth stretch
- keep backlight on
- auto frame skip
frame skip 0

i already try Top Gear 2 and Super Mario World, i put just once on the same folder than the emulator, the roms are okey, with the Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe i play it but without sound.

chao

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

I CANT LOAD ANY ROM AND I HAVE THE TGETFILE

Hi, im using a sagem my s-7, i was playing with the pocket snes Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe and all was okey but i DONT HAVE SOUND!

later i read and read and i get the POCKETSNES 1.57 and the SMARTSNES and none work, and i have the latest free tgetfile, i already use all the options, any combination possible and nothing, with none of this programs i cant load a rom, so what can i do?

sorry the bad english.

- I open the POCKETSNES 1.57
- Click on file>load rom
- (tgetfile window) open rom, and i select Super Mario World, is highlight the file.
- Click on done
- NOTHING HEAPEN, and if i do click on File>Resume, the top and bottom menu dissapear and i cant close the program, i have to use oxios memory close apps (and this program [oxios] sometimes crash and i have to remove my battery)

the latest options that i use are:
-sound emulation
-sync sound
- 8bit
- sample rate low

- portrait
- smooth stretch
- keep backlight on
- auto frame skip
frame skip 0

i already try Top Gear 2 and Super Mario World, i put just once on the same folder than the emulator, the roms are okey, with the Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe i play it but without sound.

chao

i dont know what to tell u about it not working. but just go to page 1 and the 4th post avalon has posted a version combining the 2 of these emulators together. this topic is useless now. try download his.

my signature is too long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users