working smartphone snes emulator(s)! and avalon5's new smartsnes

Guest mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
Hi avalon5,

I'm trying to get your software to work on my Tmobile Dash (HTC Excalibur), but it does not seem to support the QVGA landscape screen. If i set it to landscape, the game will not run. If I set it to portrait or portrait large, it runs the game, but does not display correctly. The image is centered ("nintendo" will be centered on the screen), but the right side is cut off and wrapped around to the left side.

Do you have plans to update the software? Do you know of any workarounds for this?

Other than the display problem, the emulator works great. sound plays and speed is excellent.

u should probably message avalon5 cuz i bet he never visits this topic anymore

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey
Any word on getting this to work on the dash?

idk. and since avalon made an updated version of smartsnes with sound it made my topic useless lol. does masterall's work on the dash?

Guest briansda

Arg I have a personal problem, I cant get anything to load. When I click on Load Rom, it just does nothing... The other options work fine, I tried associating a rom with the exe and it just starts the program and still doesnt load the rom. arg!

Guest feoysolo
Arg I have a personal problem, I cant get anything to load. When I click on Load Rom, it just does nothing... The other options work fine, I tried associating a rom with the exe and it just starts the program and still doesnt load the rom. arg!

Fer the hundredth time already. You need a utility called tgetfile. Search for it on these forums, you'll find what you need.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tedorama

one game that seems to work a little better on the newer version is donkey kong country 2 (60fps with low quality sound) , although it was also quite good on masterall's pocket snes also (55-60 fps with sound)

the other 2 DKCs both run a lot slower though 30-40 fps on both emus with both games . DKC2 just seems to work fantasticly compared to these.

(edit: Using imate jam PDA@416mhz)

Edited by Tedorama

Guest mikeeey
one game that seems to work a little better on the newer version is donkey kong country 2 (60fps with low quality sound) , although it was also quite good on masterall's pocket snes also (55-60 fps with sound)

the other 2 DKCs both run a lot slower though 30-40 fps on both emus with both games . DKC2 just seems to work fantasticly compared to these.

(edit: Using imate jam PDA@416mhz)

yea but one thing that sucks is that it doesnt show up in the task manager. so if someone calls or if u accidently minimize it u cant bring it back up, and u lose ur progress. also it wouldnt sometimes just exit out for me. so i jsut use pocketsnes now. thats weird tho that on a 416mhz processor it isnt 60fps with good sound. on my sda overclocked to 264mhz it plays about 51-55fps on low quality. so i would think that urs would do atleast 2 times as better

Guest mikeeey
ahhhhh works perfectly now :D thanks.

lol yea keep that in mind cuz ur probably gonna find a lot of other emulators that do that or other apps are gonna do that. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I CANT LOAD ANY ROM AND I HAVE THE TGETFILE

Hi, im using a sagem my s-7, i was playing with the pocket snes Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe and all was okey but i DONT HAVE SOUND!

later i read and read and i get the POCKETSNES 1.57 and the SMARTSNES and none work, and i have the latest free tgetfile, i already use all the options, any combination possible and nothing, with none of this programs i cant load a rom, so what can i do?

sorry the bad english.

- I open the POCKETSNES 1.57

- Click on file>load rom

- (tgetfile window) open rom, and i select Super Mario World, is highlight the file.

- Click on done

- NOTHING HEAPEN, and if i do click on File>Resume, the top and bottom menu dissapear and i cant close the program, i have to use oxios memory close apps (and this program [oxios] sometimes crash and i have to remove my battery)

the latest options that i use are:

-sound emulation

-sync sound

- 8bit

- sample rate low

- portrait

- smooth stretch

- keep backlight on

- auto frame skip

frame skip 0

i already try Top Gear 2 and Super Mario World, i put just once on the same folder than the emulator, the roms are okey, with the Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe i play it but without sound.

chao

Guest mikeeey
I CANT LOAD ANY ROM AND I HAVE THE TGETFILE

Hi, im using a sagem my s-7, i was playing with the pocket snes Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe and all was okey but i DONT HAVE SOUND!

later i read and read and i get the POCKETSNES 1.57 and the SMARTSNES and none work, and i have the latest free tgetfile, i already use all the options, any combination possible and nothing, with none of this programs i cant load a rom, so what can i do?

sorry the bad english.

- I open the POCKETSNES 1.57

- Click on file>load rom

- (tgetfile window) open rom, and i select Super Mario World, is highlight the file.

- Click on done

- NOTHING HEAPEN, and if i do click on File>Resume, the top and bottom menu dissapear and i cant close the program, i have to use oxios memory close apps (and this program [oxios] sometimes crash and i have to remove my battery)

the latest options that i use are:

-sound emulation

-sync sound

- 8bit

- sample rate low

- portrait

- smooth stretch

- keep backlight on

- auto frame skip

frame skip 0

i already try Top Gear 2 and Super Mario World, i put just once on the same folder than the emulator, the roms are okey, with the Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe i play it but without sound.

chao

i dont know what to tell u about it not working. but just go to page 1 and the 4th post avalon has posted a version combining the 2 of these emulators together. this topic is useless now. try download his.

I already try all the emulators on this topic using the configurations, but none work, and i already try using both emulators and nothing.

I already try POCKETSNES, SMARTSNES, both latest versions and nothing, later POCKETSNES and later SMARTNES.

I gonna try the french version.

I have WM2003SE, is that a problem?

----------------------------

- I open POCKETSNES 1.57

- Options:

Sound Emulation

Sync Sound

8 Bit

Sample Rate Low

Portrait

Keep Backlight

Frame Skip 0

- File>Exit

- I open SMARTSNES

- File>Open ROM

- TGETFILE Window

- I select the Top Gear 2.smc rom

- Click on Done

- The program back to the main window with the logo and nothing heapen.

- If i click on File>Resume, the top and bottom bars dissapear and the program is locked.

What do i do, i already try:

Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe 850KB

Work but i dont have sound.

Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe 949KB

POCKETSNES 1.57

Dont work, the rom never load.

SMARTSNES 2 ENGLISH

SMARTSNES 2 FRENCH

POCKETSNES 1.57 + SMARTSNES 2 ENGLISH

POCKETSNES 1.57 + SMARTSNES 2 FRENCH

??

Edited by Guest

Guest mikeeey
I already try all the emulators on this topic using the configurations, but none work, and i already try using both emulators and nothing.

I already try POCKETSNES, SMARTSNES, both latest versions and nothing, later POCKETSNES and later SMARTNES.

I gonna try the french version.

I have WM2003SE, is that a problem?

----------------------------

- I open POCKETSNES 1.57

- Options:

Sound Emulation

Sync Sound

8 Bit

Sample Rate Low

Portrait

Keep Backlight

Frame Skip 0

- File>Exit

- I open SMARTSNES

- File>Open ROM

- TGETFILE Window

- I select the Top Gear 2.smc rom

- Click on Done

- The program back to the main window with the logo and nothing heapen.

- If i click on File>Resume, the top and bottom bars dissapear and the program is locked.

What do i do, i already try:

Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe 850KB

Pocket SNES 1.12.200-0.2 2003-04-04.exe 949KB

POCKETSNES 1.57

SMARTSNES 2 ENGLISH

SMARTSNES 2 FRENCH

POCKETSNES 1.57 + SMARTSNES 2 ENGLISH

POCKETSNES 1.57 + SMARTSNES 2 FRENCH

??

yea probably. u probably need WM5. also there is no pocketsnes 1.57, the latest is 1.52

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mousse!

Don't understand this... I have a HTC S310 and both emulators run flawless with the original settings and original clocking frequenzy at 200 mhz. But why aren't I allowed to chose between landscape and portrait view? Now it's set to landscape but I want to play in portrait... Can anybody help me please? (A)

/Jonas

Guest mikeeey
Don't understand this... I have a HTC S310 and both emulators run flawless with the original settings and original clocking frequenzy at 200 mhz. But why aren't I allowed to chose between landscape and portrait view? Now it's set to landscape but I want to play in portrait... Can anybody help me please? (A)

/Jonas

u should probably ask in the pocket snes topic, cuz i dont know the answer to that

Guest mikeeey

/Jonas

u should probably ask in the pocket snes topic, cuz i dont know the answer to that

Guest Alterus

Is it possible to take out the normal sound of Final Fantasy IV? It just goes too slow and impossible to listen when I try to load the game.

I have Qtec 8300 with 195 Mhz, 64 Mb operative.

Guest mikeeey
Haha... My bad :) Didn't realize that you had to press the direction pad to the left or right to change view mode :D Thanks anyway...

/Jonas

o lol it was such an easy question i must have misread that wrong. well im glad u figured it out now

Guest mikeeey
Is it possible to take out the normal sound of Final Fantasy IV? It just goes too slow and impossible to listen when I try to load the game.

I have Qtec 8300 with 195 Mhz, 64 Mb operative.

yea, just say disable sound in the options. pocketSnes is a little easier if u wanna try that. also, have u overclocked ur phone?