wbloore

wbloore

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:C500

wbloore, before you run the app attached above please set your registry to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 Application locking setting

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 Application locking setting

Pagemakers,

Regedit and Resco Registry will not let me change those values. I've tried loads of times. I've tried different versions of Regedit, including the HTC signed version. Still no luck. I've read that the C600 wouldn't allow application unlocking after installing the Push Email update. Is this the same sort of thing?

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Devices:HTC S620
wbloore try using this version to change the registry. You must copy it across to your phone as a zip file and then open nd run it once on your phone.

Attached Files

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

wbloore

wbloore

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

wbloore try using this version to change the registry. You must copy it across to your phone as a zip file and then open nd run it once on your phone.

I had tried that file earlier without any success, but gave it another try by re-downloading. Still no luck. I get an error message "Unable to perform this operation" when trying to save the new registry values.

With Resco Registry, I get a message "Modification of certain values can cause serious damage to your system. Do you wish to modify the value anyway?". I select Yes, but the setting is still the old value (2 and 16 respectively instead of 1 and 40).

Edited by wbloore, 03 August 2006 - 01:52 PM.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
Hmm. I'll give mine a try tomorrow and let you know.

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

jonte

jonte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Mteor

Hmm. I'll give mine a try tomorrow and let you know.

Have the same problem, not possible to unlock "the usual way".

wbloore

wbloore

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I've just noticed an icon in the Accessories folder called "HTC Unlock". When I click it, it says "Press 'Unlock' to begin!". I click Unlock, and it opens Regedit and goes to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 and tries to change the value to 1 automatically, but then Regedit comes up with an error "Unable to perform this operation". It then tries it with 00001005, with the same error.

HTC Unlock then re-appears and says "Done:)". But it hasn't succeeded in changing the registry values or unlocking the device.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
If you run the attached app on your phone it will tell you if your phone is locked or not.

I guess regedit is not built-in to the phone. What happens if you run HTC unlock without regedit being installed?

Attached Files

Edited by Pagemakers, 03 August 2006 - 05:15 PM.

Thetechnogeek

Thetechnogeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:Nexus one, HTC HD2

If you run the attached app on your phone it will tell you if your phone is locked or not.

I guess regedit is not built-in to the phone. What happens if you run HTC unlock without regedit being installed?

I got my mteor today as well, and am having the same problem- there is no registry editor which I have been able to find which will actually change the values. I suspect the problem lies elsewhere. I also do not have the "HTC unlock" icon in accessories, so am stuck.

Otherwise it's a nice phone- a couple of bugs which need ironing out.

So, we need some help on unlocking this beastie. Any other ideas?

Thumper Net

Thumper Net

The artist formerly known as Peekie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts
maybe try emailing htc for the app unlock maybe they have something simular to the orange devs unlock all the other methods do not work yet with the latest roms

gadget freek , rabbit mad english guy trapped in Holland

wbloore

wbloore

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

maybe try emailing htc for the app unlock maybe they have something simular to the orange devs unlock all the other methods do not work yet with the latest roms

I emailed HTC Europe at 8pm this evening, so hopefully I should get a reply Friday.

Thetechnogeek

Thetechnogeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

I emailed HTC Europe at 8pm this evening, so hopefully I should get a reply Friday.

I've tried calling them but they never answer

Thetechnogeek

Thetechnogeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

I've tried calling them but they never answer

Hmm, no way of editing posts. OK, I have spoken to HTC- they are saying that microsoft has locked down this build (sounds fishy to me!) and currently there is no way to app unlock. They said they're working on a new ROM, but I pointed out that for new purchasers, not much consolation- nice shiny new phone which we can't install our favourite apps on. They have no idea when new ROM will be released.

So, hopefully some clever person here will find a workaround?

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
There is no operator ROM included either! I hope the imate CAB file will work.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

I've just noticed an icon in the Accessories folder called "HTC Unlock". When I click it, it says "Press 'Unlock' to begin!". I click Unlock, and it opens Regedit and goes to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 and tries to change the value to 1 automatically, but then Regedit comes up with an error "Unable to perform this operation". It then tries it with 00001005, with the same error.

HTC Unlock then re-appears and says "Done:)". But it hasn't succeeded in changing the registry values or unlocking the device.

Odd - That app is not on my phone!

gerryr

gerryr

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
welcome home Pagemakers :)

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

welcome home Pagemakers :)

Cheers I'm shattered but like a kid in a candy shop.

I'll write a full SP5/MTeoR comparison over the weekend.

My initial impressions are:

1) It's very good looking - Makes the SP5 look hugh and old!
2) Keypad is not as good as it looks
3) It is fast! - Faster than the SP5
4) Got a "1" at the top of the screen (Maybe it means line 1) - Just looking how to get rid of it.
5) MicroSD cards are.....tiny. Anout 10 times smaller then an SD card!

gerryr

gerryr

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Cheers I'm shattered but like a kid in a candy shop.

I'll write a full SP5/MTeoR comparison over the weekend.

My initial impressions are:

1) It's very good looking - Makes the SP5 look hugh and old!
2) Keypad is not as good as it looks
3) It is fast! - Faster than the SP5
4) Got a "1" at the top of the screen (Maybe it means line 1) - Just looking how to get rid of it.
5) MicroSD cards are.....tiny. Anout 10 times smaller then an SD card!

Nice on, thanks!

I'm hoping there are some negatives to put me off wanting this :)

I couldn'tt beleive how small the micro SD card was either!! and now they have a 2GB one too you'd wonder how the hell they do it ;)

enjoy the new toy!!
gR

Thetechnogeek

Thetechnogeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

There is no operator ROM included either! I hope the imate CAB file will work.

Nope, it doesn't. At least not until someone figures a way of app unlocking!

Another bug- once GPRS is set up, powering off then back on kills the connection for me (phone says "your internet settings are not properly configured etc..."). I have to delete the settings and then put them back in again for some reason, and then it works again.

HTC are looking into this for me- I'm just waiting on an answer

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
Hmmm, you're right.

Not a good start :)

wbloore

wbloore

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Hmm, no way of editing posts. OK, I have spoken to HTC- they are saying that microsoft has locked down this build (sounds fishy to me!) and currently there is no way to app unlock. They said they're working on a new ROM, but I pointed out that for new purchasers, not much consolation- nice shiny new phone which we can't install our favourite apps on. They have no idea when new ROM will be released.

So, hopefully some clever person here will find a workaround?

I've received the same reply today from HTC:

You are unable to application unlock your handset. The version of ROM your handset uses has been locked down entirely by Microsoft. We have been attempting to remedy the situation through the various registry edits, however none of these have worked.

There will be no solution until we are able to acquire an unlocked ROM from Microsoft which will then be released as a ROM update.

Looks like my phone is going to be sold on Ebay if it can't be unlocked soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users