Problems with ActiveSync & M600

I have had my M600 for a few weeks and am very pleased with it.

However, on two occasions I have discovered that most of the contents of my My Documents folder have mysteriously disappeared from the device and the synchronised folder on my PC! Bloody annoying to lose two weeks of spreadsheets and documents! As far as I can tell I have had no problems with the Outlook synchronisation.

I wondered whether it was because I had renamed my device to "M600" from the stupid default name ActiveSync gives WM5 devices, therefore I hard reset my device, reinstalled all my files and software and let ActiveSync do its thing. As I precaution I started to back up the My Documents folder to my storage card on a daily basis, and thank goodness I did!

All went well for a day or two before the same thing happened again! I have had lots of Pocket PCs and Smartphones and I have always found ActiveSync to be 100% reliable. Whether it's ActiveSync or the M600, it is no longer a reliable and secure means of back up in my opinion, especially as we are no longer able to back up the device as we used to be able to.

So a word of advice: Back up your My Documents folder!

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have any ideas why it should be happening?

Guest rsearley

I have never had a problem, apart from when i actually managed to delete the files myself in error

Regardless, it is good pratice to take regular backups, whether done on the device or pc

I have had my M600 for a few weeks and am very pleased with it.

However, on two occasions I have discovered that most of the contents of my My Documents folder have mysteriously disappeared from the device and the synchronised folder on my PC! Bloody annoying to lose two weeks of spreadsheets and documents! As far as I can tell I have had no problems with the Outlook synchronisation.

I wondered whether it was because I had renamed my device to "M600" from the stupid default name ActiveSync gives WM5 devices, therefore I hard reset my device, reinstalled all my files and software and let ActiveSync do its thing. As I precaution I started to back up the My Documents folder to my storage card on a daily basis, and thank goodness I did!

All went well for a day or two before the same thing happened again! I have had lots of Pocket PCs and Smartphones and I have always found ActiveSync to be 100% reliable. Whether it's ActiveSync or the M600, it is no longer a reliable and secure means of back up in my opinion, especially as we are no longer able to back up the device as we used to be able to.

So a word of advice: Back up your My Documents folder!

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have any ideas why it should be happening?