Photo

Got mine on Sat - where to get one... and some first thoughts!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

h3adl0ng

h3adl0ng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:TyTN II & Shift
I know many people are probably upgrading right now, but I thought I'd share my experience...

Called 343 as recommended in another topic - got straight through to a "we give existing customers the same deals as new ones line" - never knew about this before. The hold time was less than 5 mins. The guy asked how he could help and quickly passed me to someone in upgrades (and surprisingly passed my details to the new call handler so that I didn't have to start from scratch - must be a first!)...

anyway, on my existing 25pm contract (with monthly spend of about 30-35ish) the guy offered a price of 4.99 for the phone (no upg fee as I'm 2 months out of contract). And the new contract is a 12month one, none of this 18 month rubbish.

so...

4.99 (phone) + 12 x 25 (contract) = 304.99

and there's a 3G bundle for new 3G'ers which is 1000MB per month for the first three months (shame you can't roll unused MBs over at the end of the offer)

just praying for a nice WnW-like Data offer when they start promoting HSDPA

proindigo

proindigo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Its a case of hit and miss, I called them once, and some sarcy lady told me that they are not available. She put me through to her "supervisor" who said they aren't available. I called back the same number and spoke to a guy who seemed much happier and he said "sure they cost 49.99"

Hit and miss with orange am going to wait until t-mob gets it released.

I know many people are probably upgrading right now, but I thought I'd share my experience...

Called 343 as recommended in another topic - got straight through to a "we give existing customers the same deals as new ones line" - never knew about this before. The hold time was less than 5 mins. The guy asked how he could help and quickly passed me to someone in upgrades (and surprisingly passed my details to the new call handler so that I didn't have to start from scratch - must be a first!)...

anyway, on my existing 25pm contract (with monthly spend of about 30-35ish) the guy offered a price of 4.99 for the phone (no upg fee as I'm 2 months out of contract). And the new contract is a 12month one, none of this 18 month rubbish.

so...

4.99 (phone) + 12 x 25 (contract) = 304.99

and there's a 3G bundle for new 3G'ers which is 1000MB per month for the first three months (shame you can't roll unused MBs over at the end of the offer)

just praying for a nice WnW-like Data offer when they start promoting HSDPA

hennapod

hennapod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Its a case of hit and miss, I called them once, and some sarcy lady told me that they are not available. She put me through to her "supervisor" who said they aren't available. I called back the same number and spoke to a guy who seemed much happier and he said "sure they cost 49.99"

Hit and miss with orange am going to wait until t-mob gets it released.

Are you waiting because of the price of the handset or because of web&walk? If it's for the handset price then call again and threaten to leave.

Philips Savvy, Sony J5, Siemens SL42e, SPV, SPV E200, SPV M2000, SPV M3100, HTC Touch Dual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users