• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mewcenary

Mewcenary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hi,

Not a troll - genuine question. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Universal right now, but the buzz seems to be around the Hermes. What advantages does it bring?

hennapod

hennapod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Size is surely the number one advantage. There is no way you can put a Universal comfortably in your jeans pocket but the Hermes is fine.

Philips Savvy, Sony J5, Siemens SL42e, SPV, SPV E200, SPV M2000, SPV M3100, HTC Touch Dual.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
And HSDPA, drawbacks are smaller lower res screen and usb headphone sockedt and smaller memory card format.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

kvl

kvl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Well I have been tempted by the Universal for some time, but for me it was the size, I've got a M2000 and that was the biggest I decided to go.
As per my previous thread I've got my hands on a TyTN, and I would say the plus are:
  • Size
  • Jog Dial
  • Camera with flash
Minuses are:
  • Stylus
  • A bit plastic fantasic, maybe the Vodafone's build, Orange's build looks better
  • Micro SD, your previous Memory card collection is now defunct
I hope this is helpful...

Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So your stuck with this indefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a Peanut Butter Cup or an English Toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box... filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone
Universal is hardly can be considered "phone" or "pocket" device :)
Its more of "classic PDA" or even ultra-ultra-subnotebook ;)

Also, Hermes battery life is tad better then Universal's (though lot worse then Wizards's).

Edited by Ingvarr, 09 August 2006 - 07:00 AM.

Mewcenary

Mewcenary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Any other insights, guys?

simonclark123

simonclark123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:SPV M500
AFAIK TyTN has A2DP (Stereo Bluetooth) , unlike Universal.

Regards

Simon Clark
Business Telecoms

chucky.egg

chucky.egg

Did I say that out loud?

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping
  • Devices:Desire S
  • Twitter:@chucky_egg
Universal battery life really is poor, you HAVE to charge at least once a day if you're actually intending to use it.

That's fine most of the time, but forget your charger on a dirty weekend away and you'll run out of power before you've finished your "home movies"... allegedly

:)

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone

but forget your charger on a dirty weekend away and you'll run out of power before you've finished your "home movies"... allegedly

With Hermes/TyTN it will be the same, maybe just a little better, but you still need to charge it each day, and better not forget your charger if you plan to actually use the device.

Edited by Ingvarr, 10 August 2006 - 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users