• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

proindigo

proindigo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Just spoke to a mate who works at t-mob. He is getting the new vario, and apparently the target date for release is a week monday.

Now if only they would reduce their minimum times to 12 months and I would take them. I am really considering moving to vodafone. They seem to be the most reasonable.

chucky.egg

chucky.egg

Did I say that out loud?

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping
  • Devices:Desire S
  • Twitter:@chucky_egg
TBH all these rumours of release dates are meaningless - until it's relaeased you can't have one, so... chill everyone

Dont the Relax tariffs run for 12 months?
Only the Felxt ones are 18 months IIRC

sgray

sgray

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

TBH all these rumours of release dates are meaningless - until it's relaeased you can't have one, so... chill everyone

Dont the Relax tariffs run for 12 months?
Only the Felxt ones are 18 months IIRC

flext is such a great tariff its worth doing the 18 month thing tho....

chucky.egg

chucky.egg

Did I say that out loud?

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping
  • Devices:Desire S
  • Twitter:@chucky_egg

flext is such a great tariff its worth doing the 18 month thing tho....

Agreed

The Doctor

The Doctor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:Karate, Mobile Phones, Hockey, Sailing, Kayaking, Watersports in general.<br /><br />Building My TARDIS :D
  • Devices:Acer M900, soon a HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@frillip1
Just been into tmob shop and they said 3 to 4 MONTHS :) if it is that long then i dont think i will wait! the orange shop in the bullring made me an attractive offer of 550 min + 200 texts + unlimted landline calls + 8 for unlimited data. all for 43. insurance is now 6 which ill probably take knowing my track record with breaking things... <_<

only lack of texts is bit of a worry and im not impressed that orange says you can use unlimited data for IM <_<

Phil

Read my Blog!

Get 2.25GB of FREE online backup at https://mozy.com/?ref=5FQY80

Saif

Saif

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Just been into tmob shop and they said 3 to 4 MONTHS :) if it is that long then i dont think i will wait! the orange shop in the bullring made me an attractive offer of 550 min + 200 texts + unlimted landline calls + 8 for unlimited data. all for 43. insurance is now 6 which ill probably take knowing my track record with breaking things... <_<

only lack of texts is bit of a worry and im not impressed that orange says you can use unlimited data for IM <_<

Phil

did you catch the ts and cs for the unlimited data? is it anytime or off peak and weekends like the panther deal??

do let us know.

cheers

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Yep, more info please The Doctor. Did you get the name of the particular bundle/option that gives unlimited data for 8? Other members like Wozbacca were told that there was such a bundle only to subsequently find out there is no such thing and that Orange were getting confused over a bundle that was too restricted to be of any use (Orange site only or WAP only)...

Too many mistakes are made by shop/customer service staff for this to be believeable... yet?

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Yep, more info please The Doctor. Did you get the name of the particular bundle/option that gives unlimited data for 8? Other members like Wozbacca were told that there was such a bundle only to subsequently find out there is no such thing and that Orange were getting confused over a bundle that was too restricted to be of any use (Orange site only or WAP only)...

Too many mistakes are made by shop/customer service staff for this to be believeable... yet?

No way on earth I would sign up to the O 8 deal at the moment. It clearly says on the online TandC's for that bundle that it is unlimited WAP browsing that is included.

If they can show me one that includes unlimited DATA, subject to fair use natch, then I would consider.

And the whisper I have is that the Vario II is imminent-ish.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:Karate, Mobile Phones, Hockey, Sailing, Kayaking, Watersports in general.<br /><br />Building My TARDIS :D

Yep, more info please Doctor. Did you get the name of the particular bundle/option that gives unlimited data for 8? Other members like Wozbacca were told that there was such a bundle only to subsequently find out there is no such thing and that Orange were getting confused over a bundle that was too restricted to be of any use (Orange site only or WAP only)...

I just asked whether i could sign up for that 8 unlimited data bundle at the same time and the sales rep said yes.... so whether it was actually DATA or just the orange 'walled garden' site i dont know... he also told me orange dont have any plans to bring out HSDPA as of yet :)

leaning back towards tmob again now....

Phil

Read my Blog!

proindigo

proindigo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Guys, I think I might have to swallow having the same phone for 18 months on the contract. I think it will be well worth it.

~@chuky and the others. If the t-mob vario 2 is out by a week monday, you can return to this message board to bask in my extremely accurate predictions of the future..

As a hint for future times:

1. I predict Orange brings out unlimited package within 1 year of today.
2. T-mobile realises that the vario looks really sick in just pink and starts selling the m3100 (after orange customers don't buy any)
3. George Bush is replaced by senator john mccain in the next us election.
4. Gordon brown never becomes uk prime minister.
5. We don't see any flying cars or hoverboards this year(again!)

The Doctor

The Doctor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

you can return to this message board to bask in my extremely accurate predictions of the future..
As a hint for future times:

1. I predict Orange brings out unlimited package within 1 year of today.
2. T-mobile realises that the vario looks really sick in just pink and starts selling the m3100 (after orange customers don't buy any)
3. George Bush is replaced by senator john mccain in the next us election.
4. Gordon brown never becomes uk prime minister.
5. We don't see any flying cars or hoverboards this year(again!)

:) but still a shame.... i wanted a hoverboard ;) flying cars i can live without.....

Orange had also better bring out an unlimited data packaged bloody quick or they'll loose half their customers unless the one i was told about earlier was actually a DATA package and not WAP....

Phil

Read my Blog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users