TMO USA 2.26 ROM on a TMO UK Vario

Guest nforsans

Guest nforsans

anybody knows whether there are issues that make TMO USA 2.26 ROM NOT compatible with a TMO UK Wizard? I upgraded from TMO UK 1.x to Mr Clean 2.24, but I am now wondering whether I could upgrade to 2.26, although it is a US rom. By the way i unlocked my CID when I upgraded from 1.x to 2.24. cheers

Guest nforsans
It will be fine, I upgraded my UK MDA to the US Rom a couple of days ago.

There are some real improvments over the uk one.

cheers - will upgrade now..!

Guest minty1978

nice one!

dont panic when it pauses at about 85%...i started twiching, but all was ok!

then you can start rebuilding!

make sure you succesfully sync to your PC first :)

Guest nforsans
anybody knows whether there are issues that make TMO USA 2.26 ROM NOT compatible with a TMO UK Wizard? I upgraded from TMO UK 1.x to Mr Clean 2.24, but I am now wondering whether I could upgrade to 2.26, although it is a US rom. By the way i unlocked my CID when I upgraded from 1.x to 2.24. cheers

did you let the Ext ROM install or did you use the Ext Rom of TMo uk? is it a problem to "mix and match" programmes from different ext roms?

Guest minty1978

i did install the ext rom, then tweaked over to the UK settings for GPRS, MMS etc. disabled the T-Mo dial pad....

As far as i know (from reading xda-dev) you can install from other ext roms without any problems.

the 2.26 version has a nice Instant Messanger Manager in the ext ROM...but you can pick and choose after the upgrade if you dont want it all.

Guest nforsans
i did install the ext rom, then tweaked over to the UK settings for GPRS, MMS etc. disabled the T-Mo dial pad....

As far as i know (from reading xda-dev) you can install from other ext roms without any problems.

the 2.26 version has a nice Instant Messanger Manager in the ext ROM...but you can pick and choose after the upgrade if you dont want it all.

cool. I do it now :)

Guest nforsans
i hope it went well...should be finished now... :)

it went very well - the ROM is an improvement - I have not tested the call function, but my gprs used to be sluggish using 2.21, and it has now improved quite a lot.

Thanks for your advice.

Guest leesomerston
good news! pleased it worked :)

Hi,

Im quite new to my tmob vario but how do I install new roms on to my device. I've tried to install some new roms from xda developers but I get a message saying it has not be possible and I need the newest software?

Can someone explain to me how to do it?

Thanks

Lee

Guest nforsans
Hi,

Im quite new to my tmob vario but how do I install new roms on to my device. I've tried to install some new roms from xda developers but I get a message saying it has not be possible and I need the newest software?

Can someone explain to me how to do it?

Thanks

Lee

If your Wizard is a TMobile Vario issued by TMobile with a TMobile rom, you should not have any problem upgrading to the latest official TMobile ROM. It is best to CID unlock your phone using lokiwiz (get it from xda developers) if you are currently using the original 1.x TMobile rom, as newer roms 2.x can't be CIDunlocked.

If you want to upgrade to a non-TMobile rom, then CID unlocking your phone is a requirement (but to do that your current rom should be a 1.x rom). If you are already using a 2.x rom and your phone has not been CID unlocked, then you can't upgrade to a rom issued by a different carrier, in which case you may consider downgrading first to a 1.x rom issued by the carrier which issued you with the phone, then CID unlock using lokiwiz (do a search on xda developer for lokiwiz), then upgrade to any 2.x rom.

Check the wiki on xda developers for a step-by-step guide.

Hope this helps

I should add that if you're new to all this, it is worth taking extra care as you could brick your device. Upgrading to your carrier's official rom is the safest think to do, so if you've got your vario from TMobile, make sure you upgrade to a TMobile rom - you should not be asked for additional software. What rom have you got? which carrier?

Edited by nforsans

Guest minty1978

couldnt have said it better myself!

just unlocked and flashed the MDA of someone at work...its always more nervracking when its not your own....

all working ok though :)

Guest agent.m
couldnt have said it better myself!

just unlocked and flashed the MDA of someone at work...its always more nervracking when its not your own....

all working ok though :)

where can i get the 1.xxxxx rom to downgrade?? this us rom thing wont work for me ;)

Guest nforsans
where can i get the 1.xxxxx rom to downgrade?? this us rom thing wont work for me :)

you can get it from there:

xda-developers Wizard FTP

or look at all available roms there: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...Wizard_Upgrades

You should not have any problem downgrading, as long as it is an official TMobile UK ROM.

There is a how-to-guide there: http://forum.xda-developers.com:80/viewtop...p;postorder=asc

Then, SIM unlock and unlock the CID using lokiwiz (do a search on MoDaCo for "lokiwiz" or on xda-developers), then upgrade to TMobile USA 2.26 ROM. It should work fine.

Good luck.

Edited by nforsans

Guest agent.m
you can get it from there:

xda-developers Wizard FTP

or look at all available roms there: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...Wizard_Upgrades

You should not have any problem downgrading, as long as it is an official TMobile UK ROM.

There is a how-to-guide there: http://forum.xda-developers.com:80/viewtop...p;postorder=asc

Then, SIM unlock and unlock the CID using lokiwiz (do a search on MoDaCo for "lokiwiz" or on xda-developers), then upgrade to TMobile USA 2.26 ROM. It should work fine.

Good luck.

problems....that uk rom wont work. it says get a newer update

Guest nforsans
problems....that uk rom wont work. it says get a newer update

in which case go for the newer 2.21 TMO UK ROM available from their upgrade website - do a search in this forum for the web address - the rom was released a couple of months ago.

Guest agent.m
in which case go for the newer 2.21 TMO UK ROM available from their upgrade website - do a search in this forum for the web address - the rom was released a couple of months ago.

sorted i bit the bullet and unlocked the phone via imei check. and ran the upgrade. thanks anyways :)