Vodafone settings

Guest matt_d

Guest matt_d

I have a HTC Mteor on a Vodafone contract. Does anyone know what the operator settings are for gprs, mms etc?

I have tried Vodafone but they say that they do not support the phone.

Also do you know if the 3g functionality can be used on the Vodafone network?

Guest Thetechnogeek
I have a HTC Mteor on a Vodafone contract. Does anyone know what the operator settings are for gprs, mms etc?

I have tried Vodafone but they say that they do not support the phone.

Also do you know if the 3g functionality can be used on the Vodafone network?

GPRS settings are dead easy on Voda contract- settings, connections, GPRS, set up a new one called "Vodafone GPRS", connects to internet, access point Internet, username and password both set to "web". You can set primary and secondary DNS to 158.43.240.4 if you want, but this is not essential. I don't use MMS, so can't help, sorry.

3G functionality can be used if your contract supports it- mine does such that I can get data on GSM or 3G, but voice calls on GSM only. Voda currently have a loophole in that as long as your contract supports GPRS, you get charged the same whether you use 2.5G GPRS or 3G for data. I'm told this applies only to certain contracts (mine's a corporate one), and may be closed soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stuartforrest

Yes I have got it working

Create a gprs caleld whatever you like connection using the settings

Connects to: The Internet

Access Point: internet

Username: web

Password: web

Leave the rest rest blank

then create another gprs connection called MMS

Connects to: secure wap network

Access Point: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password wap

Leave the rest blank.

Then oopen the mms program and choose menu/options/account options/mms then select menu and then mmsc settings

Make a new connection called whatever you like or edit the one that is there

Name: MMS

MMSC URL: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

Wap Gateway: 212.183.137.12

Port: 9201

Connect Via: Secure Wap Network

Then change wap version to 1.2. ***My phone would not send at all until I did this and then bingo, I had tried all sorts but realised on my old Imate SP5 that it was set to this and sure enough it worked. Not sure what is wrong with this apart from 100k limit on picture sizes. I would like to change this so if anyone can tell me how then please post it on here.***

This is all I did and both my internet and my MMS now work fine. The only thing I have missed out is the swearing of which there was a lot!