Auto profile switching on Bluetooth Connect

Guest Stub101

Guest Stub101

I am using an SPV M600 with my newly installed parrot ck3000 car kit.

When I am at home I have my phone on Loud ringer and when at work I have my phone set on vibrate etc..

My problem is that when I jump in the car and the phone connects to the bluetooth car kit, when I initiate voice dialling the name of the person I have said does not get repeated back to me when the phone is in Vibrate - hence, I am initiating calls to the wrong person if it has picked it up incorrectly. When the phone is in normal 'loud' mode, the persons name gets repeated back to me and I am happy.

So what I need is an application that will automatically switch profiles when bluetooth is connected. This will then mean that I can hear the name of the person repeated back to me whenever I am in the car and then it will jump back out of that mode when I leave the car.

I have tried PPC Profiles Pro and Pocket Max Alarms etc... but neither of these offer this functionality.

Anyone got any ideas at all?

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stub101

^^^^

I am using an SPV M600 with my newly installed parrot ck3000 car kit.

When I am at home I have my phone on Loud ringer and when at work I have my phone set on vibrate etc..

My problem is that when I jump in the car and the phone connects to the bluetooth car kit, when I initiate voice dialling the name of the person I have said does not get repeated back to me when the phone is in Vibrate - hence, I am initiating calls to the wrong person if it has picked it up incorrectly. When the phone is in normal 'loud' mode, the persons name gets repeated back to me and I am happy.

So what I need is an application that will automatically switch profiles when bluetooth is connected. This will then mean that I can hear the name of the person repeated back to me whenever I am in the car and then it will jump back out of that mode when I leave the car.

I have tried PPC Profiles Pro and Pocket Max Alarms etc... but neither of these offer this functionality.

Anyone got any ideas at all?

Cheers,

Guest conan_troutman

if the phone picks up the the car kit automatically then the profile will/should change to "car" just edit the profile to make "system sounds" louder that should do the trick.

its same when using a BT headset the profile changes to "headset"

make sure these changes are occuring if not delete the partnership and reastablish ensuring you tick the box that says its a hands free system you are connecting to also for those that use tomtom set the tomtom up as serial port this will allow both to connect with no interference and on some car kits allows the voices to come through the car kit speaker.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stub101
if the phone picks up the the car kit automatically then the profile will/should change to "car" just edit the profile to make "system sounds" louder that should do the trick.

its same when using a BT headset the profile changes to "headset"

make sure these changes are occuring if not delete the partnership and reastablish ensuring you tick the box that says its a hands free system you are connecting to also for those that use tomtom set the tomtom up as serial port this will allow both to connect with no interference and on some car kits allows the voices to come through the car kit speaker.

On the m600 though there arent really any profiles and although when in the car and the kit connects it just goes to headset mode and remains in either ring/vibrate/silent as per prior to connection.

Ive already got concurrent b/t partnerships working but the instructions from the tomtom lady dont come through the car kit.

Guest conan_troutman
On the m600 though there arent really any profiles and although when in the car and the kit connects it just goes to headset mode and remains in either ring/vibrate/silent as per prior to connection.

Ive already got concurrent b/t partnerships working but the instructions from the tomtom lady dont come through the car kit.

tomtom wont come through on a BT car kit you need a Hard wired kit for that or atleast th a2dp protocol functioning on the phone to aid BT carkit plaay system sounds and even then not sure it will work