version 4.21.1088 (build 14315.1.1.2)

radio version 1.00

ROM update versions:

Operator: 0.20.4022.0

Manufacturer: 1.150.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.14315.0

language: 0.190.16.0

file system: 4.21.14315.0

But its the UK (euro) Version of the phone being used in Canada on Rogers/AT&T network...

Anyway, I'm wondering if it is possible to solely upgrade my windows mobile OS to version 5 (the newest one), without flashing my ROM?

I've been recomended against flashing the ROM as it tends to cause more problems then solve.... also i have the UK (euro) version which doesnt have its own ROM atm.

any thoughts/ experiences from ppl using a euro version (and having used the cingular image), please share...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geoffrey118

I don't know why you heard that flashing the ROM tends to cause problems...it's like formatting a HDD....ain't that right!! anyway....I found ROM 1.49 to be quite good compared to the original ROM (which I haven't discovered the version of it - apparently was something like 1.28 though)!!

I don't think WM5 is available for MPx220 at the moment - at least - not for us users!! cause I heard rumours of ppl having WM5 on their MPx220 - wonder if they're true!!

Guest awarner (MVP)

The is no official WM5 ROM for the MPX220 and it's unlikely that there ever will be.

As for flashing the ROM there is always a risk involved, dodgy homemade ROMs etc exist and they can kill devices, also while updating the ROM if you have any form or interruption be it a system crash or power glitch then this can also turn your phone into a nice paperweight.

There is no real need to update the ROM that you have, you find a lot of people just jump on the "lets update because it's there" boat without knowing what the update does if anything.