iMate SP5 - Screen is White (and turned on) but no picture :-S

Guest bongeek

Guest bongeek

Hiya All,

I have iMate SP5 and suddenly the screen went all whitish! and it is working fine, i can answer the call and everything is all right, but screen is not coming up just white screen appearing on my phone.

Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks,

Guest bongeek
I searched Google a bit, and found this:

http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.ph...254d5a4a264033a

Dude, how i can update the ROM when I dont see a bit on my Cell Phone Screen? Do i need to synch with my Laptop using ActiveSynch and then install the ROM?

and that link is for Sony! is it normal among the Smartphone the WSD ? dang! now we are heading from Blue Screen of Death to White Screen of Death! :) , human advancement ! in to the White Screen Era! gonna love it! hehehehe

Guest bongeek
Dude, how i can update the ROM when I dont see a bit on my Cell Phone Screen? Do i need to synch with my Laptop using ActiveSynch and then install the ROM?

and that link is for Sony! is it normal among the Smartphone the WSD ? dang! now we are heading from Blue Screen of Death to White Screen of Death! :) , human advancement ! in to the White Screen Era! gonna love it! hehehehe

Okay guys, I try to update my ROM didn't work, actually I am getting WHITE Screen right at the very moment when I turned on my iMate SP5. Any idea if it is the physical damage? coz I don't remember that I drop my cell phone or anything like this.

Take Care,

Guest rmastbro

I recently installed an app on my i-mate SP5 and got the "white screen" soon after that. I tried everything to get the screen back on (unplugged the battery) but still got the "white screen" I was about to send in my phone to see if it could get repaired in at an authorized service center in Miami. In a last ditch effort I reflashed the phone with the latest ROM (from the i-mate site). I know you can't see anything on the phone during the reflashing process but I let the phone plugged into the USB for a couple of minutes to be sure it was finished the installation process. Bingo, the screen came back up and I reinstalled and resync my data. Don't know if this helps but it worked for me.

Edited by rmastbro

Guest looeee

I think I may have a solution.

I suspected that mine was water damage (steamy bathroom) and so I left it on my laptop power-supply overnight (hot hot hot).

Today it worked for at least 10 minutes before the screen disintegrated to white.

I've now left it to cook on the power supply while I'm out at work. I'll report here if it helped any more

looeee

• 11 months later...
Guest justinhalsall

Was anyone able to fix this? I think it might be a loose screen connector, but I have no idea where I can find this connector to plug it back in. (mine is out of guaranty :) )