Dade's M3100 Review

Guest Dade

Guest Pondrew

Excellent review Dade, very concise. Surprised at your experience of the battery life though as I understood that in real world conditions the HTC Hermes Achilles heel is looking to be barely a days battery life with use (something I won't accept these days).

Also, there have been suggestions that the Bluetooth and Wifi are unable to peacefully coexist (ie operate at the same time). Could you look into this if you haven't already?

EDIT: Woah, Paul (MVP) has just posted that the Orange SPV M3100, like the HTC version of the Hermes, is missing the Phone Pad application! A small step backwards me thinks...

EDIT: Woah, Paul (MVP) has just posted that the Orange SPV M3100, like the HTC version of the Hermes, is missing the Phone Pad application! A small step backwards me thinks...

Thats in the review too!

Guest Pondrew

hey Porkpie. We don't mean the Phone app (that MUST still be there) but the input application called Phone Pad that is usually selectable for composing text messages, etc.

hey Porkpie. We don't mean the Phone app (that MUST still be there) but the input application called Phone Pad that is usually selectable for composing text messages, etc.

We've GOT to get this back on this device, it's the one thing that prevented the M500 from being a total ass to input things into. Plus I can text at near light speed with it. Would it be possible to install the same program that appeared on the Magician, or does the new operating system completely prevent that due to compatiblity issues?

Guest Pondrew

Possibly but please remember that no discussion of copyright infringement or distribution of copyrighted software can happen on MoDaCo and you can be sure that Phone Pad is copyrighted...

Guest nedge2k

Gigabyte and Eten have done the same thing. From what Gigabyte have told me, it could be to do with the costs involved in licensing T9.

Guest jimbouk
How is the data speed on orange?

Awesome! I have full strength 3g at home (thank god) and I can only just tell the difference between wifi (g) and 3g browsing.

Manual sync with my exchange server over 3g is almost instantaneous.

Voice Quality is a lot better than my JAMin (M600).

Ah! Unfortunately I'm only able to read the MoDaCo part here at work, your blog is blocked. Will check out the full version later...

If anyone else is having difficulty accessing the full review then please let me know!

Dade

good review , only one question you used a friends m3100 but were you impressed enough to want one yourself ?

Yes, and in actual fact I havent given him it back yet. Mind you he seems quite happy with my K-Jam! :)