application unlock tool for the m3100

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Wozbacca

has anyone found a application unlock tool for the m3100?

i just started trying to install my usual apps and its come up not digitally signed.

sorry if this is posted elsewhere, i've scanned through xda-dev and coolsmartphone, but the methods dont work.

anyone have any suggestions?

Guest EArazi

I believe you can phone orange and say you develop applications for pocket pc's / windows mobile and they'll unlock it for you.

Let us know how you get on, can't believe they even put on an application lock, the great thing about windows mobile is there's so much software out there for it.

Guest SkUk21

i installed mobileregistryeditor and also PHM RegEdit and i wasnt able to change the registry (to app unlock) using:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)

however, when i used RESCO REGISTRY EDITOR, i was succesfully able to change these values (Mobileregistryeditor confirmed that the changes had been made)

Can someone recommend an app which i can install to confirm that it is now application unlocked?

Guest andyhud

Hi there

I managed to change those values using Resco Registry but after a soft reboot they just go back to normal!

This is doing my head in.. surely we can app unlock these great phones!?!

A.

Guest andyhud
Orange sent me a security app that allows me to unlock and relock it, in response to an email request.

Would it be possible for you to email/pm that to me?

Cheers

Andy

Guest jimbouk

No!

Sorry but the tool is unique to the device (ie it uses the specific devices imei number). If you email [email protected] with your imei, model details, orange phone number asking for the security unlock tool they will send you your own one.

• 3 months later...
Guest axiomatic
No!

Sorry but the tool is unique to the device (ie it uses the specific devices imei number). If you email [email protected] with your imei, model details, orange phone number asking for the security unlock tool they will send you your own one.

The contact email address listed there doesn't appear to work anymore :)

However... some people reported success with using this site to unlock their phones:

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

and the last part, if it fails, reads:

To enable us to help you efficiently please include the following details in your email to us:

Full name

Name of Organisation (if applicable)

The Mobile Number of the SPV to be unlocked

Daytime Contact Number

Daytime email address

Whether you downloaded the Registry application from this page

[email protected]

I application unlocked my device by setting registry key 'HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies' valuename '00001001' to dword:1 and then soft-rest using software (like Tweak2K.net) NOT with stylus

Edited by Wam7