• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

matho

matho

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
... and what's the Calendar today screen plugin that you're running?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,436 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien
SPB Diary.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

simmy

simmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SPV M3100

The longer answer is sorted by Gears:

http://www.coolsmart...p...le&sid=2266

May well work on the M3100 too!

First post here, after getting my m3100 today !

Great phone, with a fantastic amount of features for someone like me getting their first pocket PC. Only disapointment, is like others have said, finding that orange have removed pocket MSN, especially as they mention it specifically on the product spec page on their webby. Anyway just wondered if anyone had tested whether the install on the above link works successfully on the m3100 link. Comes in at 10.99, so want to ensure it works before going ahead with it ! Any info most appreciated.

I've seen the link to the other client to make Messenger work, but would prefer to get the real deal if it works with the M3100 !

Edited by simmy, 30 August 2006 - 05:58 PM.

Posh johnny

Posh johnny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500
I'm loving the look of this phone, I went away to nokias from SPV's when the N90 came out but really regret the swap.
I need to plug in my device to my motorbike 12v power outlet, whilst plugging inmy headphones to go under my helmet, is there no way of doing this withthe shared usb socket, I don't want to go the bluetooth route for recharging purposes, I can see me having to get a M600 instead but would much prefer the M3100

J273

J273

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:Phones / computers / Cars
  • Devices:WHITE IPHONE 3GS
  • Twitter:@J273
Paul with ou having both the Tytn and the m3100 are they both identical in size?

Also are the slide out keyboards on both devices ofthe same build quality or is 1 more loose than the other once closed .etc...if you get what i mean :D

Thanks

Edited by J273, 01 September 2006 - 02:00 PM.

Flickr
Iphone / Asus p750 / Samsung I780

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond

I'm loving the look of this phone, I went away to nokias from SPV's when the N90 came out but really regret the swap.
I need to plug in my device to my motorbike 12v power outlet, whilst plugging inmy headphones to go under my helmet, is there no way of doing this withthe shared usb socket, I don't want to go the bluetooth route for recharging purposes, I can see me having to get a M600 instead but would much prefer the M3100

Use the power charger in the socket and a bt headset (ie a bt adapter than you can plug earbuds into)?

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond

First post here, after getting my m3100 today !

Great phone, with a fantastic amount of features for someone like me getting their first pocket PC. Only disapointment, is like others have said, finding that orange have removed pocket MSN, especially as they mention it specifically on the product spec page on their webby. Anyway just wondered if anyone had tested whether the install on the above link works successfully on the m3100 link. Comes in at 10.99, so want to ensure it works before going ahead with it ! Any info most appreciated.

I've seen the link to the other client to make Messenger work, but would prefer to get the real deal if it works with the M3100 !

Pocket MSN works fine - as does standard MSN and Agile (although some users are reporting some issues with agile).

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

Harpendenpeople

Harpendenpeople

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Paul - These are just excellent and really helpful reviews, comments and snaps. Thanks. Right now I am using an SPV 2000 and thinking of this model next... Pity about a few differences - eg not a full size SD card slot - but everything else sounds good. One thing I'm nervous about though is the volume on the ringer. My SPV2000 is poor that way - depends on the ringtone somewhat but even with the volume turned up to max it isn't that loud; also loudspeaker not brilliant. How is that on the 3100? And does it have vibrate?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,436 posts
It's pretty loud! And yes, it does have vibrate...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

Motlive

Motlive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:SPV M3100
I got mine the other day, and its awesome, managed to get some videos on it using TCPMP to play them, 1gig SD card has plenty of room for a few episodes of something or a movie and a 150 MP3's.

Anyhow here is a couple of pics taken with the camera at 2m so they are 1600x1200 and about 400k each

http://www.wizardsch...s/IMAGE_033.jpg
http://www.wizardsch...s/IMAGE_035.jpg
http://www.wizardsch...s/IMAGE_041.jpg

My Tattoo Isnt Finished Yet thats why it looks a bit rough:
http://www.wizardsch...s/IMAGE_045.jpg
http://www.wizardsch...s/IMAGE_047.jpg
http://www.wizardsch...s/IMAGE_054.jpg

Panik11

Panik11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone please tell me out of the 3100 manual, how much is the official SAR (Standard Absorption Rate) of this SPV mobile?

Thanks in advance!

Christos

richard_d

richard_d

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2

Can anyone please tell me out of the 3100 manual, how much is the official SAR (Standard Absorption Rate) of this SPV mobile?

Thanks in advance!

Christos

The Vario II is 0.572 W/Kg@10g (CE) sp presumably the 3100 will be identical

Richard

Richard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous phone - Nokia 6630, Previous Mobile Windows Device - IBM z50 !

Paulplex

Paulplex

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV M3100
Hi all,

Whats the term - long time lurker, first time poster - still, I'm now waiting on Orange to have them in stock so I can upgrade my C550 to something sexier :D

One question though - my boss has the previous model (with the miniSD card slot on the top) which is one feature I liked: being slow via USB, I used to take the miniSD out of my old C550, connecting it to my computer with a card reader rather than via ActiveSync with the card within my phone.

How does the microSD card connect to the M3100? Is this via an external card slot - meaning you can hotswap it whilest the phone is running - or is it connected internally, behind the battery compartment like my old C550?

I'm hoping its something that is hotswapable - an annoyance if it isn't, although I guess this device connects at nice, USB 2 speeds?

Great forum by the way - don't know why I've lurked so long...

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,436 posts
It's an external slot.

P

Posted Image

jeremymacmull

jeremymacmull

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Devices:Htc one m7 and hudl2
USB 1.1 speeds i wish it connected at usb 2.0 speeds. means i actually have to take the card out if i want to transfer a lot of mp3s or stuff across as activesync is just tooo slow

JEREMY

Current Phone: T-Mobile Touch Plus (HTC Touch Dual) on Flext 30 with WNW and 2Gb MicroSD Sandisk

Previous Pocket PCs

T-Mobile Vario II
Psion Series 3c

Recent Previous Phones
Sony J9
Casio T?? (OMG yes i had a casio phone!! worst one ive ever had)
Nokia 6230 (with 256 mb card)
Sony Erricson K750i (damn good phone with opera and msn on it also had a really good camera and top knotch music capabilities) (1gb High Speed MSProDuo card)

Paulplex

Paulplex

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV M3100

It's an external slot.

P

:D
...yay!

Ged_UK

Ged_UK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile MDA Vario2
I've got a few questions about this phone that i'd really need answered before I try to work out an affordable way of getting one!

I currently have an SPV C600 on Orange, and use it as my mp3 player. I use a stereo bluetooth headset, but i had to purchase a little program (Bluecast) in order to get the sound through the headphones. Often this doesn't shut down properly, leaving the phone not producing any sound so i have to turn off and on again.

Does the M3100 properly allow me to use Bluetooth headset without this program?

If not, is there an adaptor to let me plug in normal headphones into their (pointless) USB socket (I have weird ears and in-ear headphones always fall out!)

The M3100 comes with Excel and Word I believe, is that right?

Anyone experimented with Tasks functionality? My C600 doesn't handle tasks brilliantly (can't set due dates, alarm times and sometimes doesn't acurately synchronise completion back to the PC).

This is a general question, and please excuse my Mobile naivity, but if i buy one off eBay or wherever (and get it unlocked if necessary), can I just take my current SIM card and put it in the new phone?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work on the site!

aotror

aotror

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:null

USB 1.1 speeds i wish it connected at usb 2.0 speeds. means i actually have to take the card out if i want to transfer a lot of mp3s or stuff across as activesync is just tooo slow

JEREMY

Hello everyone .. first post as you can see.

I have just ordered a vario II on flext 35 with web'n'walk unlimited (we shall see) MB download limit. I also managed to wrangle the business users (im not one) deal where you get better support and 24 hour free courier turnaround for a replacement should it fail in the first year. The deal cost 42 pounds a month (18 month contract) and gives me 180 quid of t mobiles services. It's meant to arrive tomorrow so I cant report on it as yet report what I think of it but from what Ive heard about the spv 3100 Im hoping its good.
I would have preferred to go the orange/ spv 3100 route but for what I'm getting from t mobile it would cost significantly more, which leads me to my questions.

Why does is it cheaper? is t mobiles service rubbish or do they have some hidden charges that I will stumble across after its too late?

Why are you lot so seemingly keener for orange and the spv3100 over the identical offerings from other providers? is it just because it looks better?

How much different is the software setup on the 3100 over the vario II and what is the pro's and cons of each?

this being my first pda phone and first non flip phone I was wondering how delicate the screen was when it gets chucked in my pocket or bag with my keys and coins etc.. Do i have to take extra care in this respect?

I was only given one choice (even thought they claim there is more) of colour with the vario II, an undesirable grey and burnt red combo. I see on ebay that they have t mobile branded vario II's that are the same colour and variant (is it herm 100?) as the orange spv 3100 (same buttons etc). How come they have not been mentioned in the shops or here? where did they originate from does anyone know?

If i want to run a tom tom on this beast what do i need? (and how much will it cost?) obviously tom tom software, but do I need an external transponder or does it have one built in? (I suspect i need an external one but ask because I have seen these units advertised on ebay with gps being a feature so not sure)

I have two weeks to assess this phone and Im not going to hesitate to return it if it doesnt live up to what Ive heard.

Jeremymacmull.. whats your impressions of your varioII and the tmobile deal. It seems you have gone the same way as me.

Ok.. sorry for so many questions.. Appreciate any answers..

George

Ged_UK

Ged_UK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile MDA Vario2
I've gone for the t-mobile Vario 2 combination, and I have to say so far (about 4 days!) it's excellent.

So far I've found T-mobile's customer service to be excellent (fast response and far far shorter queuing time than Orange).

The only other question i can answer is about the screen and caring for it. Yes screen are senstive, but I got a very nice case with the phone from T-mobile that should offer ample protection for normal use (as well as a screen guard which does the job)

davidg1230

davidg1230

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I've gone for the t-mobile Vario 2 combination, and I have to say so far (about 4 days!) it's excellent.

So far I've found T-mobile's customer service to be excellent (fast response and far far shorter queuing time than Orange).

The only other question i can answer is about the screen and caring for it. Yes screen are senstive, but I got a very nice case with the phone from T-mobile that should offer ample protection for normal use (as well as a screen guard which does the job)

Where did you get your screen guard from? I've looked at some of the independant dealers for a clear LCD screen protector but no one has one? I know there are some on EBAY, but 10 seems a bit steep!. In the meantime I've got some generic LCD screen protectors from Jessops, albeit they aren't very clear and look too milky.

Otherwise a great phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users