Processor Speed

Guest geoffrey118

Guest geoffrey118

Hi there....I recently got my MPX220!! I am a bit put off by the fact that the processor speed is so low!! I read it has a 200MHz processor but when I do a system check it's listed as 177MHz. How can this be possible!?

Also, do you reccommend OVERCLOCKING??

Thanks.

Guest danwatson1974

If I remember correctly, it's actually a pretty cool Texas dual core jobbie .... most people raved about it when the 'phone was released, so it probably should serve you well.

As to the overclocking ... don't know - I have never needed to do that before so I don't know what to advise you on that one. I would only try it if I was having a specific problem that I thought overclocking would solve ....

Guest awarner (MVP)

Ti OMAP 1611 200mhz is the CPU spec

It's not just speed that's important it the use of the system memory.

As for processor speed and being put off, the question is put off by what?

200Mhz is certainly not slow phonewise it's only the very latest up and coming devices (HTC Breeze and Samsung i320) that have a farster processor.

All the other devices of it era and even more recent have a 200 Mhz cpu.

Guest genaldar

You can overclock with Omapclock (search this board a couple of us have posted the program here). My 220 is stable at 264mhz.

Btw different apps report the speed differently. Default speed according to tcpmp is 170 mhz, but according to Omapclock it's 192 mhz. But I only bother to overclock when its needed.

Guest geoffrey118

Yeah I agree....it's more a question of RAM rather than Processor Speeds but the mobile is surprisingly slow!! I mean....I just switch it off and then switch it back on!! and it still runs slow!! Any ideas?? maybe there are some system processes running in the background that slow it down!!

Guest geoffrey118

Yeah...I know!! Now I downloaded the SP Task Manager - it's waaaaay better than the normal one!!

PS: Can anyone let me know how to format my smartphone? and from where can I get the latest version of windows mobile!?

Thanks again!!

Guest awarner (MVP)

To format (hard reset) yout phone, power off then press and hold the blue action button then power on you should now see an option to Mater Rest Yes or No select Yes and the phone will restore back to it's factory settings.

Guest genaldar

I used sp task manager for a while, but it's kill kept crashing my phone. So now I use oxios' programs for freeing up memory and only rely on the system task manager to see whats running.

Guest awarner (MVP)
Oh thanks!! That means that even if there are any system files which were previously deleted...they will be restored!?

The phone will go back to it's ROM default settings, basically as you find it when you first took it out of the box as such.

Guest geoffrey118

I know this might sound a bit too far fetched....but are there any RAM upgrades for the MPx220 - would be quite handy!! I think not huh?!?