MDA Vario II on T-Mobile UK - it's official!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Snoopstah

So to confirm, even if I don't want to use the phone as a wireless modem via my laptop, I still need to pay for WnW Pro, at

Edited by Snoopstah

Guest darrellr
3G non HSDPA. Will let someone who knows tell you the theoretical kbps...

GPRS

"The theoretical limit for packet switched data is approx. 160.0 kbit/s (using 8 time slots and CS-4). A realistic bit rate is 30

Guest Confucious

Real life data transfer on 3G? - I was geting 35-50 kBps downloading from Hubdog this morning, Haven't used it for a while as I've been off and downloaded a couple of hundred meg!

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Aha!

I've been given a time when they stock their stock rooms up! I'm ringing back then. at 5 mins past the time (or after I've rung and been told they aint available!) I'll annouce it here. I just need to make sure they don't get out of stock first.

Apparently it is due for release.................

TODAY!

Guest darrellr
Why do you all say web n walk is unlimited ? its not..... 2gb is not unlimited data ;)

That's a bugger! It says no messenger over IP allowed. Presumably they'll monitor ports 1863, 6891-6900 (file transfers) and 6901 (voice) to see if you are breaching this :) .

There goes my plan to use MS live messenger to talk to the kids at night time from my hotel/office/whereever.

Guest Confucious
That's a bugger! It says no messenger over IP allowed. Presumably they'll monitor ports 1863, 6891-6900 (file transfers) and 6901 (voice) to see if you are breaching this :) .

There goes my plan to use MS live messenger to talk to the kids at night time from my hotel/office/whereever.

Methinks your technical knowledge is greater than theirs ;)

It was orriginally stated that MoIP was an up and coming technology not used yet and was not IM as we know it. Some people have been told by CS that it does refer to IM but many people are using IM without adverse affect (so far).

Guest peekie

For web and walk these are the conditions .....

Minimum term contract and credit check applies. Compatible handset required. Fair use policy applies: Relax web

Guest ricardo the fish

Check this press release from T-Mobile. and read the first bullit point.

- the MDA Vario II is already available in Germany and the UK :)

So the Q is where the hell is it?

Guest Ingvarr

Most likely this constraint is not for hunting for VoIP users, but to waive liability if you will try to complain that your VoIP software do not work well.

Guest MARKUKCOUK

shhhhhh!

Actually I have my doubts that the same ports are used on WLM Mobile

Guest nevawlkalone
So it's 7.50 a month for WnW which is limited to just browsing and 10.00 a month for WnW Pro which allows modem usage?

I thought you ADDED the

Guest nevawlkalone
shhhhhh!

Actually I have my doubts that the same ports are used on WLM Mobile

sooo.....do you know when it will be released to the grubby handed public!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Guest Pondrew
My understanding is as follows

WnW =7.50

WnW(supporting HSDPA) = 10.00

WnW(with a laptop card and modem support) = 17.50

This is just how I UNDERSTAND IT so therefore me be inaccurate

Twas my understanding too BUT today I've noticed that Web N Walk Pro with laptop card is now

Guest MARKUKCOUK
sooo.....do you know when it will be released to the grubby handed public!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No idea really.

I post a lot, but its just relaying information from my many calls to CS!

Apparently today.... I'll let you know if it passes the time it was meant to be released!

No idea really.

I post a lot, but its just relaying information from my many calls to CS!

Apparently today.... I'll let you know if it passes the time it was meant to be released!

Also just came across this article. but there was no mention of which date, so one can only assume its officially launched but handsets are not yet available :)

link - http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?r610971755

rgds

jim

my last call to CS at T gave me a date of the 16th... don't know if they are going to beter that... the person I spoke to said that the public knew before them thanks to the press release and that they had been getting loads of calls from clued up people :)

doubtful that it will be today... but who knows...

Guest Syphon Filter
My understanding is as follows

WnW =7.50

WnW(supporting HSDPA) = 10.00

WnW(with a laptop card and modem support) = 17.50

This is just how I UNDERSTAND IT so therefore me be inaccurate

I am sure that the WnW Pro for

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.