Just wanted to post about a problem my dad has been having with HSDPA on his Vario 2.
Changing DNS made the "Finding Page" alot quicker however the connection is still VERY unreliable and sometimes pages don't load at all.
One thing I noticed is that the HSDPA signal is constantly at around 2 bars and if left connected for a while you could pick it up and it'd go really quick, the speedtests say 1.1Mbps and it all looks good for about 10 minutes until it goes slow again.
Anyway what seemed to also be happening is that the phone could not make up its mind wether to use GPRS or HSDPA so I'm guessing the signal isn't great (I'm in Derby) or the ROM version isn't handling things very well.
For now we've found a setting in the network options to force the Vario 2 to always use GPRS and it's fast and responsive and reliable thus far. The HSPDA speeds would have been nice, for what my dad uses it for tho it's more than enough, I'm just hoping the HSDPA is sorted out by Feb when it comes time for me to upgrade from my MiniS.
So to summarise if you're having problems with the internet on your Vario 2 (T-Mobile) it may be worth cutting back to GPRS for the sheer reliability of it always being there when you need a page... if you have awesome HSDPA signal then I hate you...
CURRENT DEVICES -
HTC HD2 - Running 2.3 NAND by TyTung (XDA-DEVS)
Advent Vega 10inch Tablet - Running 1.09 with Paul's performance pack v8. :)
DEVICE HISTORY -
Phones (Including SmartPhones) :
Bosch 509e, Nokia 402, Nokia 702, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Siemens C35i, Nokia 3330, Samsung A300, Panasonic GD75, Sony Ericsson T68i, Sony Ericsson T610, Sony Ericsson P900, Nokia 7600, Nokia N-Gage, Samsung E720, Nokia 6230, O2 XDA Mini S (HTC Wizard), T-Mobile MDA Vario 2, O2 XDA Orbit 2, LG Renoir, HTC Diamond, Blackberry 8800, HTC HD2
Casio Cassiopeia E-125, Psion Series 5, HP IPaq 2400 & HP IPaq 3715, Nokia N770 Internet Tablet, ASUS EEE PC 701, Samsung NC10, Advent Vega