• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

jasonmc

jasonmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:MTeor
I've had to set my MTeor to GPRS to get a reasonable (i.e. more than 8hours) battery life. What's worse - even now - if I don't disconnect the GPRS manually after accessing the Internet, my battery life is only about 1 day. If I do force a disconnect, I get about 2-3 days life, but that's no use because I use ActiveSync to sync mail automatically. GPRS is not supposed to use extra battery when connected, but it does on the MTeor. ;) I've hunted high and low for a utility to do this, but can't find anything. I've put in a feature request for the developers of PhoneAlarm to add this feature to the SP edition. If anyone else thinks this would be useful, please let them know, because right now my phone is almost useless.

Edited by jasonmc, 19 March 2007 - 09:05 PM.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Devices:HTC S620
I am amazed that this phone has survived as long as it has. It is a piece of crap.

1) Dreadful battery life. As bad as the original SPV
2) Buggy as hell
3) Gets hot when using 3G (uncomfortable to hold)
4) Phone as a 3G modem = 50 minutes battery life
5) Now my keypad gives multi-presses on the 't' button

It's been back to HTC and all they did was re-flash the ROM like I told them I had already done a million times before.

i-600 is here next week (hopefully), then this bag of crap is going back to HTC for another repair/replacement, then it's up for sale. Good riddance.

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

jasonmc

jasonmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:MTeor

I am amazed that this phone has survived as long as it has. It is a piece of crap.

1) Dreadful battery life. As bad as the original SPV
2) Buggy as hell
3) Gets hot when using 3G (uncomfortable to hold)
4) Phone as a 3G modem = 50 minutes battery life

It's been back to HTC and all they did was re-flash the ROM like I told them I had already done a million times before.

i-600 is here next week (hopefully), then this bag of crap is going back to HTC for another repair/replacement, then it's up for sale. Good riddance.

Only issue I have is the battery life - quite happy with everything else. I bought the phone in the UK and flashed it with the SA ROM when I got back, and it did fix a few of the issues.

TDK

TDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710

Mine does the same, but on all the keys - it's driving me mad when responding to emails and text messages.

I'm personally waiting for the S710 to become available and it can't come soon enough! I would love to wait for the S730 version with 3G, scroll wheel and GPS, but I just don't think I have the patience!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users