'chattering' noise

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Here's something weird i've noticed on my M3100.

When the phone is sitting on the desk, it'll sometimes make a 'chattering' noise thru it's own speaker, kinda like the noise you get from the speakers if you leave a phone near a stereo. Kind of like it's interfering with itself :)

Anyone else seen this?

P

Yes, Ive noticed the same whilst the phone is doing a sync for push mail or activesync. I assume its a hardware thing, the speaker being live during the data transfer. It doesnt do it all the time though.

Guest Ingvarr

Bad electrical isolation of audio circuit, so other noise "leaks" into it and you literally "hear CPU working", or some other circuit of the phone (maybe USB transceiver).

Happens with PCs also, sometimes with cheap audio card (or bad motherboard design).

Edited by Ingvarr

Here's something weird i've noticed on my M3100.

When the phone is sitting on the desk, it'll sometimes make a 'chattering' noise thru it's own speaker, kinda like the noise you get from the speakers if you leave a phone near a stereo. Kind of like it's interfering with itself :)

Anyone else seen this?

P

Yeah, happened a few times today already. The TyTN hasn't done it at all though.