Brodit for Hermes

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bryson
Hi Bryson, I would like to order the passive Holder for the Tytn. Can you confirm you have any in stock?

Thanks

Pdog

Hi Pdog,

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned we have stocks arriving today to fulifil any backorders, and any surplus would be available, its a good idea for all TyTn holders to order asap to get it allocated to you on the next incoming delivery, thats the best all Brodit resellers can do right now due to high demands and awaiting new stocks straight from being Manufactured. It will calm down but i think it will be a while, we had the same situation over the Xda Exec holders last year!

Hope thats ok, Thanks again,

Bryson

Guest bryson
I presume the TyTN holders work with the Vod/Orange/T-Mob variants of the Hermes?

Incidentally, I've always wondered why the 'fixed installation' mounts cost so much more than the cig lighter installation mounts. I'm sure it's Brodit that do this, because they cost significantly more from all suppliers...

Hi Snoopstah,

Yes the Brodit TyTn holders do fit the other network carrier branded versions, its likely that very soon they will be listed on www.dsldevelopments.com under each relevant carrier and model name, ie Make: Orange Model: 3100, but for now as its so fresh its only listed under the HTC TyTn banner.

Ref the fixed installation kits, there is a significant amount of EU testing and E Approvals to be gained for the harwired 971*** versions (Brodit Molex Holders as they are knows) This R&D and approval for professional installation to vehicles does cost a lot of money to secure certification to enable end user retail, hence the higher price.

Anything that involves loose end connections as opposed to a 'one fits all' approved and sealed Plug (as in the cig plug variant brodit models) needs to be certified and passed, Plus you have the addition of the Molex adapter system to power / datat transfer from your GPS unit etc.

Hope that makes you feel better!

Thanks again

Bryson

Are there any cheaper alternatives to the brodit ....all i want is a holder.......Just too expensive for me as i change phones to often....Is there anything available?

Thanks

Guest bryson
Are there any cheaper alternatives to the brodit ....all i want is a holder.......Just too expensive for me as i change phones to often....Is there anything available?

Thanks

Hi,

To be honest, money aside - Brodit products are ideal just for you and your regular phone changes, dont forget buying the Brodit Proclip mount for your car is a 'one off' purchase whilst ever you have that car, and then you can just swap holders from Brodit when you upgrade your phone, passive holders for phones start as little as

Guest Paul (MVP)

Your expensive phone deserves brodit!

I am always amazed when I get in a car and see a cheap ugly holder that rattles like crazy and doesn't hold the phone properly!

:D

P

Following on from Pauls reccomendation I have just bought my Brodit for my Puegout 407

DSC00729.JPG

DSC00734.JPG

DSC00732.JPG

DSC00728.JPG

Arrived within in the week after company told me they were struggling with stock.

Installed in under 10mins.

Feels very very solid.

Thanks Paul

Guest Pompey

I've found that after slight modification my Herbert Richter Treo 650 mount is a perfect fit for my Vario II

IMG_6250.JPG

The dimensions of the two machine are almost identical (width, depth and length) I just needed to sand a little bit of plastic from the top of the face plate as the Treo has a slightly curved back wheras the Vario is more block shaped.

I've found that after slight modification my Herbert Richter Treo 650 mount is a perfect fit for my Vario II

IMG_6250.JPG

The dimensions of the two machine are almost identical (width, depth and length) I just needed to sand a little bit of plastic from the top of the face plate as the Treo has a slightly curved back wheras the Vario is more block shaped.

have a look here http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/product_details.php?id=3227 - they have emailed me to say that they will be selling a similar kit for the Hermes variants - complete with 12v DC out to charge your GPS unit. Includes a windscreen mout which is better for TomTom use and viewing screen.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Landscape holder arrived this morning, excellent service from DSL developments again, who were at the mercy of Brodit stocks of course :D

It holds the device ONLY in the open position, will post pics when the missus returns with the car :D

P

Guest RufusA

Very pretty - I'm liking the landscape one!

Couple of questions:

1) Is there room to plug in an [in-car] charger whilst being held by the Brodit?

2) Can you use TomTom in landscape mode?

Rufus.

2) Can you use TomTom in landscape mode?

Yes, although it doesn't seem to change orientation automatically when you slide out the keyboard. You can do it manually by going into 'Change Preferences' and clicking on 'Rotate Screen'. I've tried using it in both portrait and landscape modes, but haven't decided yet which I prefer...

Hi All,

Just to let you know that stocks of all brodit TyTn holders (Hermes, 3100 etc models etc) are getting better, Brodit have picked up production rates and are allocating more to the UK at last, on behalf of ourselves at www.dsldevelopments.com and Im sure the other resellers - apologies for any delays, we have been working really hard to try and keep stocks in and going out of the doors as fast as possible! If you do order dont forget if stocks are out your holder is immediatley allocated to you on the next available delivery into us, usually a couple of days later,

Jsut wanted to keep you all upto date!

Thanks again everyone!

Bryson

Guest richcbaker
Hi All,

Just to let you know that stocks of all brodit TyTn holders (Hermes, 3100 etc models etc) are getting better, Brodit have picked up production rates and are allocating more to the UK at last, on behalf of ourselves at www.dsldevelopments.com and Im sure the other resellers - apologies for any delays, we have been working really hard to try and keep stocks in and going out of the doors as fast as possible! If you do order dont forget if stocks are out your holder is immediatley allocated to you on the next available delivery into us, usually a couple of days later,

Jsut wanted to keep you all upto date!

Thanks again everyone!

Bryson

A while ago I think you said you were going to add the T-Mobile Vario II to your web site, is still planned?

Thanks

Richard

Hi,

Until Brodit fully test devices offered to market by the network carrier released names, ie the T Mobile Vario II they tend to carefully list only the tested versions, in this case under the HTC TyTn banner, over time, once they test compatibility with the different network carrier versions it will remain only listed only under the fully tested device name, ie HTC TyTn.

I will keep you advised as and when the new models are tested and added to the various model ranges.

(The same thing happened with the XDA Exec, it came out as this as thats the device they tested, but quickly added the holders under Imate JasJar, MDA Pro etc, it just takes a little time,)

Hoep that helps, thanks again

Bryson

Edited by bryson

may seem a daft Q but does the molex adapter (hardwired) have the connections necessary to relay data from gps receiver to the vario II as well as power them both?

I ask as read on a dutch re-sellers site that mini usb on vario II does not work with this feature of the brodit. If not I will opt for a cigar lighter type and hardwire that.

Thanks.

Thanks

Hi Snoopstah,

Yes the Brodit TyTn holders do fit the other network carrier branded versions, its likely that very soon they will be listed on www.dsldevelopments.com under each relevant carrier and model name, ie Make: Orange Model: 3100, but for now as its so fresh its only listed under the HTC TyTn banner.

Ref the fixed installation kits, there is a significant amount of EU testing and E Approvals to be gained for the harwired 971*** versions (Brodit Molex Holders as they are knows) This R&D and approval for professional installation to vehicles does cost a lot of money to secure certification to enable end user retail, hence the higher price.

Anything that involves loose end connections as opposed to a 'one fits all' approved and sealed Plug (as in the cig plug variant brodit models) needs to be certified and passed, Plus you have the addition of the Molex adapter system to power / datat transfer from your GPS unit etc.

Hope that makes you feel better!

Thanks again

Bryson

Hi Bugcab,

Im afraid the devices mini usb port prevents data transfer from the molex system, it powers the device and gps only (if you buy the gps lead also)

The older htc devices used to allow data transfer, but the mini usb inputs killed that function im afraid,

Hope that helps, thanks again

Bryson