• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

21aekr

21aekr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC P3600
Is there anyone here,to explain me how to install & use it on a HTC p3600 device ?Or anyone knows a similar sw for gsm/umts net monitoring ? (specially something similar to Nokia net monitor or Ericcson Tems) ? Thanks

dishe

dishe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
I've heard of celltrack, but I'm a little bit confused as to what its good for?
Obviously you can't use celltrack for gps navigation because it only approximates how far you are from any given tower in any direction, and without triangulation.

Is it just a novelty, or can it be used for something useful or cool?

I remember there was a symbian app that would automatically run scripts based on what cell tower you're connected to. For example, turn off your ringer and set it to silent when you are in the library or your office, turn it back on automatically when you leave, etc...
THAT would be great to have on windows mobile, but so far I don't see that kind of function with what I'm reading about celltrack...

little_mumford

little_mumford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2

I've heard of celltrack, but I'm a little bit confused as to what its good for?
Obviously you can't use celltrack for gps navigation because it only approximates how far you are from any given tower in any direction, and without triangulation.

Is it just a novelty, or can it be used for something useful or cool?

I remember there was a symbian app that would automatically run scripts based on what cell tower you're connected to. For example, turn off your ringer and set it to silent when you are in the library or your office, turn it back on automatically when you leave, etc...
THAT would be great to have on windows mobile, but so far I don't see that kind of function with what I'm reading about celltrack...

IF you want to change settings such as profiles ect. on your phoen CPS Switcher is what you want you can get it here: http://maniac.fschre...tent/view/9/18/

SimonRobinson

SimonRobinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:SPV C600
Any ideas on getting it working for the HTC Vox (Vodafone v1415)?

mr30-nk702-9000i-6150-7110-3310-6210-6310-a300-SPV-SPVe200-SPVc500-SPVc500+SPVm1000-M1000-M2000-c550-M500-M500+C600-C600-M600-Vox-Kaiser (hopefully)

mkrish

mkrish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTCP3300

Nobody interested in CellTrack? :)

Phil

I've interest in CellTrack, In fact that site has closed its download. Luckily I found yours..
Anyway I thought about this idea 2 years back, now its available as software..

1. Location based alarm..
2. Location based profile switching... .. etc.

Thanks..

Sqij Communications

Sqij Communications

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Am interested in CellTrack, but I'm also getting "0-0-0-0" on my Dopod C730. OrigName = "DopodC730"
I haven't tried changing it. Any ideas on what needs to be done?

After trawling across the spv-developers website i came across a QVGA build (BETA 8.4) of CellTrack designed to work on a Cingular 2125. Tried it on my Qtek 8310 with no luck but with a small reg tweak:

HKLM>IDENT>OrigName = 2125_209

[EDIT: For those of you using the imate AKU2 ROM use the value SPV_C600 instead as aparently the ROM handles the cellID differently to other tornado platform roms.....]

IT WORKS :D

those interested in celltrack can find the program atached to this post :)

For those who don't know what CellTrack is, its a means of determining your location by using the CellID of a radio mast in conjunction with an online database of names for each CellID.

Phil

fmv

fmv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem on my HTC, OrigName=HTC_P3450 ....i only getting "0-0-0-0"

any ideas??

thanks....

Am interested in CellTrack, but I'm also getting "0-0-0-0" on my Dopod C730. OrigName = "DopodC730"
I haven't tried changing it. Any ideas on what needs to be done?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users