Orange ExtRom / Good Messaging

Guest ajhard

Guest ajhard

May be of interest. I found that Good Messaging would not install on my 3100 with the Orange ExtRom installed - it gave an error saying that the device was not authorised, however when i did the hard reset / soft reset trick it then works fine...

Guest bronksy

OH no. Not again. So.. is this deliberate?

Does this mean the Goodlink solution is just around the corner? Did you mail fasthosts with this finding?

I will.. peer pressure!

Guest ajhard

Sorry - not quite sure what you mean by the Goodlink problem...it's working fine for me without the ExtRom. Are others having problems?

I am not using Fasthosts it's a corporate set-up...

Guest bronksy

Ahh ok.. Fasthosts use Goodlink too.. so this may not work with them. At the moment Good wont install on a native M3100 as you have found. The problem I have is not using the Orange Ext ROM is quite an advanced user, and not something that is really practical to roll out.. I've not had lots of luck with the phone configuration when I dont' load the operator settings.

I emailed Fasthosts to let them know that this is something that they could work on to fix the software to work on the M3100, I assume it's something to do with the ports that O have blocked etc on the handset, or the device indicator that sits on the Goodlink server hasnt been updated to recognise the M3100 as a valid handset.

Guest MARKUKCOUK

If you dont mind editing the ext rom, try this...

mount the ext rom

back it up

delete all but the MMS one

edit out the other cabs from the config file

hard reset

let customisation stuff go in

Youll have all data connections added, and mms settings, but very little else, and Tengo works with this setup - so it might be worth a try