3g usage

Guest darkseid

Guest darkseid

long time reader but this is my first post. upgraded my C550 to the 3100 which I have to say is a sweet device. However I have one question and I am probably being thick but having never had a 3G phone am not sure. When I am connected to 3G for data and it stays connected after I have finished browseing do I still get charged or is it the same as Gprs and I only get charged for data transferred ?

Guest jimbouk

Its the same charging model - ie only for data throughput.

However...there is a trade off between battery life and speed of access - ie if you leave 3g connected, it will be instant when you need it next, but will drain the battery (ever so) slightly faster.

If you do want to disconnect, hold the red end call key for 3 seconds (if you do hold it for three seconds it doesn't even close the window thats open, whereas a quick click of red key returns you to today screen) or click the end data button in comm manager, or click on the 3g icon on top bar and select disconnect.

Guest darkseid

Its the same charging model - ie only for data throughput.

However...there is a trade off between battery life and speed of access - ie if you leave 3g connected, it will be instant when you need it next, but will drain the battery (ever so) slightly faster.

If you do want to disconnect, hold the red end call key for 3 seconds (if you do hold it for three seconds it doesn't even close the window thats open, whereas a quick click of red key returns you to today screen) or click the end data button in comm manager, or click on the 3g icon on top bar and select disconnect.

[/quote

thanks for the info I have just been clicking on the 3 icon and disconnecting. Any idea how much data is transferred using agile messenger to just see who is online ?