Orange c600 new rom out

Guest jimbouk

Guest kelv23
So anyone loaded it up yet? I was going to hard reset my C600 so will whack it on tonight or tomorrow...

Gonna do it tomorrow if it turns out to be worth it,cant say as Ive had any joystick or radio issues but when in ROMe...

Guest Disco Stu
I downloaded it, and and it sadly is not AKU2.3

I wonder when that will get a release then.

:D

Am I right in assuming that our Security Level apps will unlock this version ?

I'm also assuming it is far too early to ask for comparisons with the previous ROM.

Guest Coucou

I want to know that I can unlock the phone still when this is installed, otherwise I'm not getting it.

One good thing though, reported on Coolsmartphone that this update allows Edge capability. :D

Guest sldonmtns

You can not run regeditstg on this phone, so this makes unlocking it a pain. I believe the only way to unlock your phone is to contact the orange developers, and they will give you an unlocker based on the IMEI of your phone (if you actually have the Orange C600). I don't have this phone, so I'm going to have to switch back to another rom.

Edited by sldonmtns

You can not run regeditstg on this phone, so this makes unlocking it a pain. I believe the only way to unlock your phone is to contact the orange developers, and they will give you an unlocker based on the IMEI of your phone (if you actually have the Orange C600). I don't have this phone, so I'm going to have to switch back to another rom.

Hi

even if you can use a registry editor (mobileregistryeditor or totalcommander for example), needed registry keys are locked and cannot be changed.

Guest kelv23
Hi

even if you can use a registry editor (mobileregistryeditor or totalcommander for example), needed registry keys are locked and cannot be changed.

Well thats me out, dont think I'll be bothering as I dont have any radio or joystick issues that are making my phone unuseable. Remember kids flashings a pastime that has its consequences.....

Guest peekie

I have disabled the application unlock with this latest rom , you need 2 things the orange dev application and the sda unlock ( both free ) , by using first the orange securtity app and then the sda unlock the phone is 100% application unlocked :D

Guest moonshot

I have installed the new C600 rom update.

It has not fixed the scroll bar issue in contacts. Why not?

Also when you use the device lock you have to use a mimimun of a 4 number password, previously it was only 1 number. Again Why?

Guest kelv23

Also when you use the device lock you have to use a mimimun of a 4 number password, previously it was only 1 number. Again Why?

What was your issue with the scroll bar in Contacts?

Guest Wayne_Mobile

No Way...... updated my C600 and now TomTom Mobile is dead......

I updated to the new ROM, anyone know where, and if, I can down-grade?

I use TTM quite a lot. After the update, I re-paired my device, installed and re-ran TTM, all was fine, but as soon as I turn the device off and on again, TTM is dead after trying to run, just locks.

I've tried many times at re-installing and again, will be fine until I turn off/on.

Help :D

Guest moonshot

Edited by moonshot

Guest moonshot
What was your issue with the scroll bar in Contacts?

If you enter a lot of text in a contacts notes ( I can hold about 16,000 letters of text) you can only scroll down and read the first 8 to 10 lines and then the scroll bar gets stuck.

To read the rest of the text you have to go into edit and scroll down, but you risk deleting some of the text.

Guest kelv23

If you dont have any noticeable issues with the phone its best to leave it. I know its tempting to try new ROMs etc but they do have a downside, sometimes its better just to stick with the devil you know

Guest moonshot
If you dont have any noticeable issues with the phone its best to leave it. I know its tempting to try new ROMs etc but they do have a downside, sometimes its better just to stick with the devil you know

Good point...but you don't always know what issues it will fix untill you've installed it.

I thought Orange would have fixed the scroll bar by now. The c550 did not have this fault. It seems as though its down to the Orange software rather than the phone.