Need to free more memory on i-Mate SP5

Guest perlom

Guest perlom

I am tying to install a GPS software in my i-Mate SP5, but I get not enough memory message. The storage memory has 10MB free only and the required is 12MB of free memory for the CAB file. What can I do to free up those extra 2 MB even if it was a temporary work around?

Thanks

Guest danwatson1974

Well, your 'phone started off with 64 meg of internal memory, I think, so you need to move a shedload of stuff onto the external memory card ... start with all music, pictures and video that is stored on the 'phone memory, and then see how much free space you have on the device........

Guest perlom
Well, your 'phone started off with 64 meg of internal memory, I think, so you need to move a shedload of stuff onto the external memory card ... start with all music, pictures and video that is stored on the 'phone memory, and then see how much free space you have on the device........

Thanks for the reply. Actully the phone is brand new, and I checked the images and music folder, most of them are empty or has really tiny files that won't add up to 2 MB at all. Could I move other files?

Guest luchino_san

Actually I got 13 mb free (almost all the space available even after a hard reset, I don't think that the engineers of Htc have made a good job on this)...to get this space I moved on storage card the .net cf2, all the java midlets, the PIE cache and installed anything in main memory. I've also deleted all I found in \My Documents folder !!! :D

Edited by luchino_san

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sanjaypz
Actually I got 13 mb free (almost all the space available even after a hard reset, I don't think that the engineers of Htc have made a good job on this)...to get this space I moved on storage card the .net cf2, all the java midlets, the PIE cache and installed anything in main memory. I've also deleted all I found in \My Documents folder !!! :D

How do you moved .net cf2 on storage card? Could you point me to details of how to do it. So far I have succeded moving java midlets and PIE cache.

• 10 months later...