Working IR Remote Control!

Guest RealUnrealwolf

Guest RealUnrealwolf

Preved!!!! I found a way to make working Infrared Remote control for smartphones (tested

on my Qtek 8200 (C550)). Really, it`s a PPC remote control. My english`s bad, but i should teach you how it can be used.

First, download SPhelder

http://www.bobsoft.com/sphelper/

You must register it to use.

Then, download a program Remote Control 2 from

http://www.hpc.ru/soft/software.phtml?id=9585

Its russian page with trial version, but you can use full version too.

Then, download WinCeCabManager http://www.ocpsoftware.com/download.php?nm=cecabmgr

Install program,on PC, activesynced phone will say something like 'this is file for another device'

On PC go to program files/Microsoft Active Sync/Remote control2/

and unzip (uncab?..) RemoteControl_II_TRIAL_POCKETGEAR.cab

Put file Setup_RCII.zip to smartphone folder /windows, then put another files to any

folder in you smartphone - program files/Remote Control/ , for show.

Run SPhelper, press the "back" button (arrow) to hide it

Run program files/Remote Control/remotecontrol2.exe

Program will import something from windows/Setup_RCII.zip.

When program installed, make a long press on "0", cursor will appear.

press left soft button (cursor must be upper then soft button line), choose Edit/IR

Quick Learn

Use cursor to press OK.

Then you can press the Back button to hide cursor and press any button to learn IR

remote control commands (just move real remote from TV to smartphone ir port and press a

button)

To stop learning choose Edit/IR Quick Learn again.

Then try to control your TV.

On c550 this program works only 1 time, you must delete in registry HKCU/Software/WinCe

Soft to make it working again.

I hope someone can use this instruction with success (yeah, i know, my english is

veeeery bad). We must ask a Win CE Soft company to make a special smartphone version.

Edited by RealUnrealwolf

Guest olborer

if it's for real then your the boss man...

ADDON:

can't seem to get it work on wm5 [they say it's supported] i get a message "can't find "RemoteControl2" (or one of its components)"....

Edited by olborer

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Thanks for the tips. I can only confirm that the app runs on the C550 but no go as to functionality.

post-12251-1156130916_thumb.jpg

Program can't 'learn' IR signals in my case maybe because of the remote control I've used? (Sharp and Samsung). The Sony remote (for the TV) is on the other room! Locked :D

EDIT:

Somehow I was able to get the program 'read' IR signal (at least once) using a Sony TV remote control. I used COM3 then 'Learn toggle codes'.

Guest SMYKUL

@gpcarreon

You may not be able to learn an IR signal because the "Recieve Incoming Beams" option is selected in the main device settings. On most PPC devices IR software works around this but on smartphone it may be necessary to disable it manually. I mention this as I previously had a similiar problem with an IR keyboard, I installed the same software on both my PPC and SP (No SP version was available). It worked, but on SP if the recieve incoming beams option was enabled it seemed to hog all incoming IR signals. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Below are procedures from the original instructions by RealUnrealwolf, translated by a citizen of a 3rd-World Country (referring to myself) . Sorry for the typos/ other errors. :D

Prepare and install required files:

1. WinCE CAB Manager (PC app)

2. SPHelper (SP)

3. Remote Control zip archive/ setup launcher

Harvesting the CAB

1. The setup launcher (aka setup file) 'RemoteControl_II_v206_PocketGear.exe' will dump a CAB inside 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\RemoteControl II' directory.

2. Using WinCE CAB Manager, extract contents of 'RemoteControl_II_TRIAL_POCKETGEAR.CAB' to a folder (shown here is folder C:\Temp\). You will find 2 folders plus an INF

post-12251-1158057376_thumb.jpg

3. Transfer the contents of [iNSTALLDIR] to '\Storage\Program Files\Remote Control 2'

post-12251-1158057470_thumb.jpg

4. Transfer contents of [WINDOWS] to '\Storage\windows'

post-12251-1158057541_thumb.jpg

Launching the Remote Control program on the SmartPhone

1. Launch SPHelper. Once you see the cursor, press Back arrow to minimize the program (send SPHelper running in background)

2. Using your favorite file explorer, open directory '\Storage\Program Files\Remote Control 2' then click on 'RemoteControl2.exe'. You will see something like...

post-12251-1158057962_thumb.jpg

3. Once you see this window, click on your phone's kepad 0 to 'unhide' or bring to front SPHelper

post-12251-1158058065_thumb.jpg

4. You will then see the virtual cursor plus the menus...

post-12251-1158058133_thumb.jpg

5. Hit Menu > Current Window > OK

post-12251-1158058239_thumb.jpg

6. Hit Menu > Current Window > Cancel when you see this...

post-12251-1158058295_thumb.jpg

7. Main interface opens...

post-12251-1158058362_thumb.jpg

8. Hit Control > Edit > IR Quick Learn

post-12251-1158058440_thumb.jpg

9. Click OK then hide the cursor (press Back button)

post-12251-1158059337_thumb.jpg

I wasn't able to hide the cursor when I took the left screenshot. Good luck with making your phones 'learn' IR signals. :D

post-12251-1158059379_thumb.jpg post-12251-1158060028_thumb.jpg

I have a spv c550 and i have a grey screen come up when i open up 'RemoteControl2.exe'

what am i doing wrong??????

please help!?

Edited by jrdas

i no 1 post enough, but im am only reply again so someone notices the post..

I have a spv c550 and i have a grey screen come up when i open up 'RemoteControl2.exe'

• 3 weeks later...
Guest datasamm

I also got grey screen, anyone got any ideas????

i no 1 post enough, but im am only reply again so someone notices the post..

• 1 month later...

Tried this as well, but seems a no go on my i-mate SP5.

It also says "can't find 'RemoteControl2'", as others have indicated.

Also, the software authors' website is:

http://www.wincesoft.de/html/remotecontrol_ii.html

Wishful thinking, but perhaps a few of us could ask for a SmartPhone port of this product :)

(There is a "Contact" page on there)

Edited by willl

Guest tamirtheredlion
Tried this as well, but seems a no go on my i-mate SP5.

It also says "can't find 'RemoteControl2'", as others have indicated.

Also, the software authors' website is:

http://www.wincesoft.de/html/remotecontrol_ii.html

Wishful thinking, but perhaps a few of us could ask for a SmartPhone port of this product :)

(There is a "Contact" page on there)

Anyone know where to find an absolutely free remote control for your phonw, that works on the MDA. Also, what are the trials limitations?

• 2 months later...

hey guys - ist working - little buggi buts working - if you get the message that you can not receive the signal - you have to check the ir port (menu settings) load maybe a new view 320x240 start the phone - somthing is blocking the port !!

3 meters are posible - not much but possible

greez

the trail is bout 20 clicks - you have to restart

to this time i couldn't save the signal ... so i have to add the signals every restart...

--------------

bannersalviara5.gif

Edited by zores

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest lazaj007

hello, i have problem with install this remote control II

my smart say me that this product is not for this software version, or something like that (i dont remember)

i have orange spv c550 but with qtek 8200 rom

i was try install from CAB file and EXE in windows but nothing

what i do wrong?

sorry for my english

best greetings from Poland ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Hundi12

i made it. now its installed.

But now is my problem: How can this program get an ir signal?

I made a cross at -> start->settings-> sending

I tried 3 remote controls. the first two ones didn't work. so i thought this is because they are from a german discounter and their quality isn't that good. But after this I tried my sony remote control of my hifi system. but ist didn't work either.

are there any profiles which i can add to my spyc550, to get the right ir codes, or do you now any other possibility how i can get my sp to work?