HERM100 vs HERM200

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

So i've now had the M3100 about a week and a half, and the TyTN about a week. Shock horror, I am now using the TyTN as my main device... and here's why!

Although the M3100 (HERM100) is definitely prettier than the TyTN (HERM200), IMHO the Start / OK buttons are just that little bit too fiddly for me. The wider button layout on the TyTN just makes it that much more usable (altho the directional pad is pretty average on both), so i've switched. Add in to the equation the fact that the back of the M3100 is black smooth (shows every little mark) and the back of the TyTN is grey and rough textured, and at the moment, i'm definitely swinging towards the TyTN :D

I'm now considering that the revised button layout of the T-Mobile HERM100 might be the winner for me? :D

P

SPV M3100:

herm100pad.gif

TyTN:

herm200pad.gif

MDA Vario II:

varioiipad.gif

Guest jimbouk

The T layout does look slightly friendlier for "fat-fingers" but I still prefer the O layout and look.

I use the M3100 in portrait for calls and in landscape for pretty much everything else (having trained my left thumb to operate the wheel on the underside of the device in landscape use) so rarely use the start and ok buttons on the fascia.

Guest The Doctor
IMHO the Start / OK buttons are just that little bit too fiddly for me.

Yeah i found that too when i had a go on one in the orange shop... was just a bit too difficult for me to get my thumb between the send/end buttons and the softkeys..... i liked the look of the Vario II's layout better from day 1, as you say the start/ok buttons look much more accessable at the bottom of the keypad rather than in the middle.

Phil

Guest The Doctor
TyTN probably makes best use of the space although, as I say, the directional pad could be better (on both)!

P

Can't say i used the Dpad much in the shop.. found the wheel on the side alot easier to use.

the TyTN's keypad is much more spaced out... i'd have to have a go on one to comment but sometimes i find that keypads that are too spaced out are just too much effort to use (or is that me just bein lazy :D)

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

o2 Trion and MDA Vario II looks best to me (they fit the color scheme of my ThinkOuside BT mouse and keyboard ^O^. But they both have QWERTZ keyboards. I know, I know, I can remap the keys but I just dont like the way they look.

Guest rickwookie
o2 Trion and MDA Vario II looks best to me (they fit the color scheme of my ThinkOuside BT mouse and keyboard ^O^. But they both have QWERTZ keyboards. I know, I know, I can remap the keys but I just dont like the way they look.

Surely not on the UK versions?

Guest Syphon Filter

I have freakishly small hands for an adult male so the M3100 I got isnt bothering me one bit. I can use the keys perfectly and as Paul says, the M3100 is uber sexy!

To each their own.

Guest Snoopstah

Think I'm the only person who thinks all the HERM100s are ugly compared to the HERM200 TyTN.

Anyone wanna swap their TyTN for a Vario II with pink bits? :D

Edited by Snoopstah

Small gloves...

Small hedge clippers?

Small hedge clippers...

Small hedge!

Sorry this is getting out of hand. Ive not played with any of the Hermes variants but I'm a sucker for a looker and my fingers are pretty small anyway being young n all :D

Guest Syphon Filter

Must just be the different button layout again...

HERM100 = M3100/XDA Trion/Dopod 838 Pro/CHT9000

HERM200 = TyTN/v1605

HERM300 = MDA Vario II