GPS Receiver & Tomtom on M3100

Guest hennapod

Guest hennapod

I have an M3100, Tomtom Navigator 5 and a Holox BT-321 GPS Receiver. Having difficulty getting all three to talk to each other!

First, I have to pair the GPS Receiver with the M3100, right? M3100 recognises the receiver fine. Then I need to create an outgoing port, right? The only ones that work are COM0 and COM8. All the others come up with "The COM port could not be created. Please check your settings and try again."

When I go in to: Tomtom, Change Preference, Show GPS Status, Configure and then select Other Bluetooth GPS - only COM3, COM7, RIL on COM6 and S2410 IRDA are optioned.

So still no GPS device is recognised.

Any help?

Otherwise Tomtom works fantastically.

Guest richcbaker
I have an M3100, Tomtom Navigator 5 and a Holox BT-321 GPS Receiver. Having difficulty getting all three to talk to each other!

First, I have to pair the GPS Receiver with the M3100, right? M3100 recognises the receiver fine. Then I need to create an outgoing port, right? The only ones that work are COM0 and COM8. All the others come up with "The COM port could not be created. Please check your settings and try again."

When I go in to: Tomtom, Change Preference, Show GPS Status, Configure and then select Other Bluetooth GPS - only COM3, COM7, RIL on COM6 and S2410 IRDA are optioned.

So still no GPS device is recognised.

Any help?

Otherwise Tomtom works fantastically.

did you install the 5.21 update for Windows Mobile 5? Link