Vario II OUT NOW - Telesales only!

Guest Sam Handwich

Guest demusss

just ordered mine. Couldn't find the telesales number anywhere so rung the customer services instead and got put through.

Got it for 79.99 on Flext 25 with WnW with HSPDA +5.99 delivery. I was offered insurance at 7.99 but thought that was a little steep so didn't bother.

The guy asked how I knew it was available as they only just got the prices 2 hours ago!!

May turn up tomorrow or Wednesday.

:D

Guest solarflare

Woo, just ordered mine. Girl on the phone was confused that there was such a high demand for it seems as it hasn't been announced anywhere officially that it's available. She said there were about 80 left at the time (about 7:00). I paid

Guest jimbouk

Considering the massive differences in supposed stock levels throughout the afternoon, T have either had more stock released since the first lot was released or there's gonna be some mighty pissed off Modacocians tomorrow...

Guest FlangeArtist
Woo, just ordered mine. Girl on the phone was confused that there was such a high demand for it seems as it hasn't been announced anywhere officially that it's available. She said there were about 80 left at the time (about 7:00). I paid

Guest Mind_Rx

I JUST WANNA KICK MYSELF...and pls do not laugh :D i think it can happen to anyone...or is it just me :D

hehe...i was that close to getting a v2 relax 35 plus wnwpro for 99.99 when she checked my details and sprang the age question...and believe me, i havent been asked my age for ages...date of birth ..yes....age no...so i kinda fumbled with it , what with the thought block..and the telesales woman just blankly refused to proceed and thought i was a fraud.....!!!! :D now i have to present myself to a t mob shop with zillion and one documents to prove my identity....man....that hurts...she told me she could have asked me my star sign...but my luck ...she asked me my age...to give t mob credit, atleast they are thorough with the identity check.

so i ll just need to go to the shop....i hope that way, i ll get to negotiate better... :D

btw...she told me that one CANNOT upgrade to wnw pro from a tariff with wnw..not even add wnw pro to wnw packages(flext or relax).....so people who think to upgrade later to wnw pro and get the phone cheaper now....pls double confirm....

Guest Aqu4rius
Considering the massive differences in supposed stock levels throughout the afternoon, T have either had more stock released since the first lot was released or there's gonna be some mighty pissed off Modacocians tomorrow...

i think there is more than one call centre, which in turn have there own distribution centres. hence why each place has differing stock levels.

Guest Mind_Rx

the lady at 6 30 pm told me that they have 100 more in their stock(telesales) tomorrow the web sales go online. theres a seperate stock for in stores obviously....

Guest Mind_Rx
I JUST WANNA KICK MYSELF...and pls do not laugh :D i think it can happen to anyone...or is it just me :D

hehe...i was that close to getting a v2 relax 35 plus wnwpro for 99.99 when she checked my details and sprang the age question...and believe me, i havent been asked my age for ages...date of birth ..yes....age no...so i kinda fumbled with it , what with the thought block..and the telesales woman just blankly refused to proceed and thought i was a fraud.....!!!! :D now i have to present myself to a t mob shop with zillion and one documents to prove my identity....man....that hurts...she told me she could have asked me my star sign...but my luck ...she asked me my age...to give t mob credit, atleast they are thorough with the identity check.

so i ll just need to go to the shop....i hope that way, i ll get to negotiate better... :D

btw...she told me that one CANNOT upgrade to wnw pro from a tariff with wnw..not even add wnw pro to wnw packages(flext or relax).....so people who think to upgrade later to wnw pro and get the phone cheaper now....pls double confirm....

or maybe i was just too excited!!! i still wanna kick myself :D

Guest Fleabag

Get in there, just ordered mine too...

The guy knew his stuff, told me that for HSDPA you need to have WnW PRO, which is what I went for.

Wrong I'm afraid.

You've jinxed it now, no way it'll arrive tomorrow :D

It will be there, it's Royal Mail special delivery.

I was being asked for a price of

Guest jimbouk

Think you misread one of the quotes too

To quote you:

Way I understand it is WnW = "3g" (UMTS) which is 380 kbps whilst WnW Pro is HSPDA which is 5x faster (1.8 mbps).

Correct, but there is no differentiation in cost.

I think you meant that was incorrect?

Guest FlangeArtist
Yes, thanks! It's been a long day. :D

So, is HSDPA with W'n'W standard or do you have to get pro? It's getting all rather confusing! :D

Guest gingerprince

Not true. I emailed web support a couple of days to ask this very question (from the point of view of adding modem use later should I want it). Was told no problem, and filed the email for future reference :D

Why would they not let you upgrade, after all you're giving them more money!

Guest Snoopstah
hehe...i was that close to getting a v2 relax 35 plus wnwpro for 99.99 when she checked my details and sprang the age question...and believe me, i havent been asked my age for ages...date of birth ..yes....age no...so i kinda fumbled with it , what with the thought block.

I nearly did the same - fortunately I replied on instinct.

Him: 'And just to confirm, how old are you?'

Me: '24.'

My Subconscious: '24? Are you really 24? Not 25? Do you know how stupid you'll look if you say you're 24 and you're not? No, wait, you are 24. Carry on!'

Guest Mind_Rx
Not true. I emailed web support a couple of days to ask this very question (from the point of view of adding modem use later should I want it). Was told no problem, and filed the email for future reference :D

Why would they not let you upgrade, after all you're giving them more money!

i know it doesnt make sense....i dont know if its a way not to allow people to do what some have been suggesting...get wnw+flext/relax for cheaper handset and then upgrade to wnwpro...but again i m assuming wnw=3g and wnwpro=hsdpa...but fleabag doesnt think so...i ve had conflicting info regarding this from telesales...one said wnwpro just removes restrictions like no modem use, etc...and that wnw could allow u hsdpa speeds provided u are in an area that supports it...its confusing....maybe better luck at the store for me

Edited by Mind_Rx

Guest Mind_Rx
I nearly did the same - fortunately I replied on instinct.

Him: 'And just to confirm, how old are you?'

Me: '24.'

My Subconscious: '24? Are you really 24? Not 25? Do you know how stupid you'll look if you say you're 24 and you're not? No, wait, you are 24. Carry on!'

i guess i was too grandiose :D to doubt myself....i was more like "age?...stupid woman, i ve just told you my date of birth(totally naive to identity check)...give me my phone!!!" ..... o k ...maybe a little "uh?29...man thats nearing 30...man!..no wait..uh"

anyway, thanks snoopstah, i was beginning to think i need to see a shrink :D