THE BEST DEAL FROM ORANGE

Guest john.-h

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Free phone

Free upgrade (month 11/12)

New 18 month contract on everyday 50

That my friend... is a bastard for Orange. I heard they hate them tariffs!

Yeah tell me about it! I have Virgin OVP on Line1 and ED50 on Line2 so my monthly rental is c.

I HATE 18 month contracts and you should always be hoping to get a cracking deal if you are signing one imo. It's just another money spinning idea.

The retentions bloke offered me the M3100 for free on the same tarriff as the one i signed (mentioned early in the post)

500 mins

1000 texts @

Guest john.-h

thanks for the replies, keep them coming.

i think the offer you get just depends on who you speak to, some will give you much more than others.

Guest jimbouk

I think I must have got just about the first upgrade 3100...ten days ago!

They seem to release stock to upgrades every couple of days (maybe cos they realise that its existing O customers who are clamouring for them).

My deal:

Contract length: 12 months

Contract cost per month: 35 pounds

Inlcudes:

Free upgrade to m3100

750 anytime xnet minutes

Free phone insurance

90 free txts / per month for the first 3 months and the 30 txts thereafter

Orange World Unlimited: 8 pounds per month

Guest DoubleCheese

This thread is a good idea. I'm hoping to upgrade in the next few days once I've seen what others are getting... :D

I spoke to a woman today who offered me 500min and 100sms for

Basically Orange have no desire to sell 3G. I can't get over the figures I've been quoted.

They're insane. They're totally pricing themselves out of the market compared to T.

Did anyone else manage to get the 2k extra free minutes?!?!?

would be really interested to hear about this....

and anyone found a 'free' unlock tool/method for the M3100 yet???

need to plug in a payg T sim for

Guest StGeorge

Ok so I have been playing the OCS lottery for a week now, high monthly spend/ usage etc etc and despite getting really pi$$ed off with the whole thing and ordering a PAC I now have agreed a deal with O....... Despite asking to go to Panther 45, they virtually insisted I go on a cheaper package offering the following.......

For

Guest jimbouk

Just one word of caution to those of you thinking about using existing/different cover on an Orange Phone. Whilst you can be covered via premium bank accounts/household insurance/travel insurance etc, these policies do not offer the same cover as Orange.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not an insurance salesman - and I don't work for O...but with Orange Care, you may have to pay an admin/excess charge but in most claim cases you get a replacement identical handset delivered to you the very next day.

With lots of standalone insurance policies, they send you a voucher less the excess for the handset value and you have to go source a new phone. After the excess charge (which might be

Guest StGeorge
Of course on Panther55, I get free care - so I'm all right jack!

Well as long as you're all right :D

Seriously though, thanks for the warning, I have always had good service from O insurance over the years so given that I was resigned to spending

Guest barrybryce

Retentions guy mentioned something about ED50 being a contract worth holding onto and wishing he still had his...

And if you knew the size of phone bill I run up on those 1p mins you'd know that a sad so and so I am... any other contract and I would be bankrupt. I am always nervous that one day they will get fed up and tell me they aren't leaving me on that contract.

Just one word of caution to those of you thinking about using existing/different cover on an Orange Phone. Whilst you can be covered via premium bank accounts/household insurance/travel insurance etc, these policies do not offer the same cover as Orange.

I'd have to agree - Orange Care has looked after me very well on one or two occasions. Wouldn't use anyone else.

Edited by barrybryce

Back date to the 10th of August (1st day of M3100 upgrades!) After much deliberation, and finally swung by the fact that it'd be 15mo before i could upgrade again, I've stuck with my premier 600 contract...

Handset:

Ian - did OCS tll you about the extra 2000 mins and the point band thingy?

Has anyone else managed to secure these 2000mins?

just thought I would try OCS randomly and it turns out your spend either needs to be in the late hundred/month or you need to actually be using that many minutes for it to be offered to you.

which is a shame. My bills have been high in the last few months but not for long enough to justify this.

I'm happy with the explanation I got...

ho hum...

Guest jimbouk

Read through the thread - there are a few people who have managed it. The key would seem to be a fairly high tariff combined with an even higher actual monthly spend.

Best deal I noticed in this thread was for a free upgrade and a free handset - O will consider anything - especially if you are 6 months or more into your contract and could thus reduce your current contract to the absolute minimum spend and start a new contract elsewhere (but dont forget they know that that means you couldn't port your number unless you pay off the remainder immediately).