• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

boo13

boo13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:mpx200
hey everyone. quick question. how come when i use the mp3 player on the mpx220, it's loud. but when i use a ring tone, it's not. they're both mp3's, and my mp3s are stored on my mem card, but my ringtones are stored on my phone in the sounds folder. how do i make it louder?!?!?! :D

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Wing, Cingular 3125
  • Twitter:@genaldar
There are some reg edits you can make (I think) but nothing that will be really satisfying. You have 2 options, edit your mp3s and up the gain or convert them all to wma.

Since I've never bothered converting them I couldn't tell you the optimum settings, but I'm sure someone else on here will pass them along if you like.

"Oh, you're a loon aren't you? Where have you escaped from, I'll take you back." Lord Bravery
Sceptical Rocket.

jfran

jfran

The wapfreak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact V, HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@jmfran
have you tried changing the profile volume settings?

rgds

Jim

--
Jim

boo13

boo13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:mpx200
thanks for the responses guys. um, ya the profile settings are set to loud already. does the mpx220 support wma ringtones? i thought it was just mp3. i just recently upgraded from the mpx200, and the 200 is really loud, both mp3 player and ringtones, but i used wav files. does the mpx220 support wav files? thanks again! :D :D :D

geoffrey118

geoffrey118

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:MPX220
Of course it does!! Anything that Windows Media Player 9 supports can be easily opened by the MPx220!!

TriAxis

TriAxis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I would recommend using only .wma files. They play better then mp3 files. They are way louder and a smaller file size.

A few things which you may or may not know.
1 adjust your ringtone volume in your profile settings to 3, 4, or Loud.
2 make sure the volume rocker arm is turned up (both while on a call and when your not on a call, this has 2 different settings, earpiece volume and call volume)
3 use an Asian ROM, they are WAY louder then any US ROM I tried.

I honestly get constant complaints at work in an office that my ringtones are too loud. They are louder then anybody elses phone I have ever heard. I also only use ringtones from Cingulars website that are already created in .wma format and are increased with gain. You can "borrow" any ringtone you want from them for free. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users