T-Mobile 3G coverage

Guest darrellr

Guest darrellr

T-Mobile's 3G coverage, like most operators, is not as extensive as their normal coverage. Infact the majority of my work locations are not 3G covered.

Is T-Mobile still increasing 3G coverage or is this the lot?

Guest FlangeArtist

It's not the best Web page ever. But you can see IF you have coverage (only changes the country image to the right), or not. If you select "West midlands" and "Birmingham", it is covered. However, if you select "West Midlands" and "Cannock", you will see that it is "Coverage by end 2005".

Guest FlangeArtist
It's not the best Web page ever. But you can see IF you have coverage (only changes the country image to the right), or not. If you select "West midlands" and "Birmingham", it is covered. However, if you select "West Midlands" and "Cannock", you will see that it is "Coverage by end 2005".

Actually, even better: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menui...ones_cua_uc_gis

Guest Confucious

That is somewhat out of date - they have inncreased coverage since then (my home is showing a sno 3G coverage anbd I was pleasantly suprised to find I have good 3G coverage at home.

They really should update it, shouldn't they?

Guest Confucious

You would have thought they might at least try and keep these reasonably up to date. The T one doesn't seem to have changed for a couple of years despite their vastly increased coverage and it looks like O's is similar.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
You would have thought they might at least try and keep these reasonably up to date. The T one doesn't seem to have changed for a couple of years despite their vastly increased coverage and it looks like O's is similar.

And orange seem to cover the main cities... and roughly the route of the A1.

Which makes me happy :D

Guest hugekebab

I am currently am setting up the 3g masts for t-mobile. we get on average around 15-50 firm orders per week for 3g mobiles mast provides. t-mobile are actively increasing their 3g coverage and our contract with them is almost solely for setting up their 3g masts, building new ones on greenfield sites and also upgrading existing 2g sites (although many of these are on copper lines and therefore the process for 3g provide must start from scratch with a feasability request)

t-mobile did give us the impression that they would be aggressively increasing firm orders, although this has not really happened as they claimed and we are quieter than expected although we expect this to change in the future.

hope this helps

Guest hugekebab
Cheers for the info hugekebab, good news for sure...

no worries,

p.s i should have said, although we dont have loads of firm orders at the moment, the amount of feasability survey requests is v large, and in order to maintain their part of the contract, t-mobile must bring a certain percentage of those feasability requests to firm order, so this should bode well for the future (although the feasability quotes are valid for a year so they could potentially wait until the next financial year to put in for order on these feasabilities.)

Guest Pondrew
Well T-Mob certainly have no plans to improve the reception (2G, 3G or Ali G) in my area :D

The map doesn't fill you with hope for a North Wales rollout, does it! :D

Guest travisb
Does that mean Glynn (Off Big Brother) won't be actively seeking tmobile sponsorship deals?

He should be alright in Notting Hill, which is where he'll probably end up :D

Guest hugekebab
The map doesn't fill you with hope for a North Wales rollout, does it! :D

I cant recall processing a single feasability for north wales, they are almost all in the south...sorry :D

Guest travisb
I cant recall processing a single feasability for north wales, they are almost all in the south...sorry :D

Yep, T-Mobile have always seemed to struggle recognising people do live in this part of the world. The other networks are pretty good, O2 and Orange especially have very few gaps in reception. Don't expect a decent reception at the top of Snowdon, but it should be ok nearer the coast. I can pick up their Irish roaming partner better than T-Mob themselves :D

Guest FragMeister
Does that mean Glynn (Off Big Brother) won't be actively seeking tmobile sponsorship deals?

# I'm using 3G for the very first time #

# oo-ahhh, oo-ahhh #

:D

Guest Snoopstah

My 3G reception at home is almost non-existant - just been into Southampton and it's full signal 3G everywhere. I knew I shouldn't have moved out of the city! :D