• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

FlangeArtist

FlangeArtist

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Snwoboarding, Kite Boarding, Mountain Boarding, Playing Rugby, Playing Football, Playing Golf, Playing Tennis, Playing Squash<br /><br />Gadgets, more gadgets, and even more gadgets
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD2/HD/Diamond
When you are viewing the forums, you get a 'brief' of the posters profile. It contains their photo, user name, group, posts, etc. Like most people, I do actually find this useful.

However, for me, I don't like the "From" tag. For me, the 'from' tag in the forums is a bad title to use. When I first entered my profile details, I entered the details for this as where I am currently living. Then when I saw what it's displayed as in the forums, I wasn't sure that this was right.

To me, like most people, where I am 'from' is the place as to where I was born, and not where I am currently from. You ask the question "Where are you from?", and people will automatically relate the country they are from, not where they currently live. Yes, we have the ability to say the 'country' and it displays a nice flag (glad to see that I can also select Scotland. Really appreciated!), but I don't think it's clear enough.

So, can I ask that we change the "From" to something like "location"?

What do others think?

Web: http://www.InternetWideWorld.com/

Phone History: Philips Genie (Vodaphone: 1998), Nokia 7110 (Orange: 1999), SPV (Orange), SPV E100 (Orange), SPV E200 (Orange), SPV C500 (Orange), SPV C550 (Orange), MDA Vario 2 (T-Mobile:21/08/2006), HTC TyTN II (T-Mobile:05/09/2007) HTC Diamond (T-Mobile:20/06/2008), HTC Touch HD (T-Mobile: 21/11/2008), HTC Touch HD2 (T-Mobile: 04/06/2010)

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Interests:techno, Leeds United
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual / SPV E650
"It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at !"
I don't think it needs changing :D

FlangeArtist

FlangeArtist

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Snwoboarding, Kite Boarding, Mountain Boarding, Playing Rugby, Playing Football, Playing Golf, Playing Tennis, Playing Squash<br /><br />Gadgets, more gadgets, and even more gadgets

"It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at !"
I don't think it needs changing :D

You 'Coventry' boy's always say that :D

Phone History: Philips Genie (Vodaphone: 1998), Nokia 7110 (Orange: 1999), SPV (Orange), SPV E100 (Orange), SPV E200 (Orange), SPV C500 (Orange), SPV C550 (Orange), MDA Vario 2 (T-Mobile:21/08/2006), HTC TyTN II (T-Mobile:05/09/2007) HTC Diamond (T-Mobile:20/06/2008), HTC Touch HD (T-Mobile: 21/11/2008), HTC Touch HD2 (T-Mobile: 04/06/2010)

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Never really thought about it myself. From seems ok?

I still exist

Laser_iCE

Laser_iCE

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual (P5500)
If you don't want to see it as "where did you come from", look at it as "where are you logging in from" :D

Posted Image
MSN: gman ## at ## live.com

Samsonite

Samsonite

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Interests:gadgets, motorcycles
  • Devices:QtekS100, E650, Touch Dual
after reading the first post, i changed mine.....

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
Ha Ha.

Funny how its always the Scots who wish to display their heritage.

Surely users can decide whether they want to put their current location or thier place of upbringing?

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
'Lives'?

:D

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Like "hives"? ;p

I still exist

FlangeArtist

FlangeArtist

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

after reading the first post, i changed mine.....

Haha, I like it. Obviously you could go back a further step, but could get into indecency trouble :-)

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Interests:techno, Leeds United
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual / SPV E650

You 'Coventry' boy's always say that :D

Oh you've done it now !
Although I've lived here longer than anywhere else I remain a stereotypical pig-headed Yorkshireman :D

danwatson1974

danwatson1974

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV M500

You ask the question "Where are you from?", and people will automatically relate the country they are from, not where they currently live.
So, can I ask that we change the "From" to something like "location"?

What do others think?

So you would rather it just said 'Location - Birmingham' and didn't recognise your Scottish heritage?

FlangeArtist

FlangeArtist

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

So you would rather it just said 'Location - Birmingham' and didn't recognise your Scottish heritage?

Well, actually you do still have the "flag" to set. Which I have set to Scottish.

I have mucked around with the "location" for my profile and made it look like how I personally would prefer it look. So, in a way, I'm happy. Just wanted to see if other people felt the same way, and if they did, if there was a way to get it changed. That's all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users