• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Mind_Rx

Mind_Rx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:MDA VARIO II
excellent!!!....great work swampcat....thanks for your help...all the best!!! :D

fantastic_mr_q

fantastic_mr_q

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Any chance of a red reptile dialer skin, goes really nice with the red VARIO II I find

Theres No Escaping The FaNtAsTiC Mr Q

Posted Image

Posted Image

Antitheft2

Antitheft2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Swampcat, I think you may have missed my question in amongst all the other posts (quoted below), was hoping to find out if this was a possibility or not as it would be a nice finishing touch to an otherwise fantastic skin.

:D

Just wanted to say thanks for a superb set of skins, my Vario II is looking stunning in its nice new blue reptile today screen and blue reptile dialer screen.

Any chance of a blue reptile security screen to go with it? I notice it's in some of the older skin sets you do, but have no clue how to extract it out of that or if it would even work.

Keep up the great work.

Edited by Antitheft2, 18 September 2006 - 02:21 PM.

Sadlybrokeboy

Sadlybrokeboy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:SPV M3100

using the extrablack dialer skin with the 'blackwhite' today theme posted elsewhere on this forum makes for an awesome combination for me... many thanks.

Cheers

S

Saif,

Where did you find this? I've hunted around and can't find it!

Swampcat - THANK YOU!! They really enhance the look of my M3100 - thank you! :rolleyes:

Many thanks!

Matt

Edited by Sadlybrokeboy, 18 September 2006 - 06:02 PM.

Device: Orange M3100/Hermes
SPL: 2.10.Olipro
Radio: 1.38

swampcat

swampcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Hx 4700 / Dopod 838 pro
Thank you!

@Antitheft - oops i missed your question, sorry - the security dialpad is included in all the skins i've released for hermes. after installing and soft reset, you should see the skinned security screen.

There is one thing you could check in the registry:

HKLM / Security / Phone / Skin /
Enabled = 1

If it was on 0, change to 1

(turn the phone off then on, exit registry editor and soft reset)

There was also a query on my website:
http://www.zombienex...o...;PN=1&TPN=1

is similar to yours and he solved it with the above method.

But its weird that he had to do this manually because in the cab i included 'Enabled = 1'

Edited by swampcat, 18 September 2006 - 09:45 PM.

fantastic_mr_q

fantastic_mr_q

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Swampcat? Is there any chance of a red reptile dialer screen? I use your red wa skin and ur red reptile today screen but the blue dialer looks outta place with the red vario II keyboard. Cheers

Posted Image

Posted Image

swampcat

swampcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I was going to wait to find a way to do the call history and speed dial buttons as well so i can fix all of them at once. But looks like its not happening so i'll try do the red and black reptile this weekend.

M@rkC

M@rkC

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Most things mobile.....
  • Devices:T-Mobile HTC HD2

I was going to wait to find a way to do the call history and speed dial buttons as well so i can fix all of them at once. But looks like its not happening so i'll try do the red and black reptile this weekend.

@swampcat - your Reptile screens are amazing; gonna have to buy Wisbar now to get the full effect!! Keep 'em coming!

One question (answer is probably me just being dumb :( ), but what's the "security screen" that some people are having trouble with?? I might be having trouble too, if only I knew what I was looking for :rolleyes: !! Are we talking about the screen where you enter your device password when it's locked, or something else?

Cheers, Mark.

A wise man speaks when he has something to say; A fool speaks when he has to say something

Antitheft2

Antitheft2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thank you!

@Antitheft - oops i missed your question, sorry - the security dialpad is included in all the skins i've released for hermes. after installing and soft reset, you should see the skinned security screen.

There is one thing you could check in the registry:
HKLM / Security / Phone / Skin /
Enabled = 1

If it was on 0, change to 1

(turn the phone off then on, exit registry editor and soft reset)

There was also a query on my website:
http://www.zombienex...o...;PN=1&TPN=1

is similar to yours and he solved it with the above method.

But its weird that he had to do this manually because in the cab i included 'Enabled = 1'

Hi Swampcat,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately neither of these options worked for me. The registry key you point to is already set to 1, I tried changing it to 0, resetting and back to 1 and resetting again and had a few strange issues, but it just went back to how it is now. My today screen is reptile blue, my dialler is reptile blue but the security screen is still the horrible T-mobile white, grey and pink with flat horrible buttons.

Next I downloaded the seperate security screen skins from a link on one of the posts you made in the thread you pointed me to on your forums. That installed fine with no errors, phone rebooted and I thought that must have done it but no, same old horrible T-mobile security screen.

I noticed in your download pages you show a security screen for "non 3g" models but its not included in the packs for this model (MDA Vario II), is there a difference and is that why its not working?

I really would love to get this working, the rest of it looks fantastic, you have done a great job on these skins, I'd just like to be able to complete the look :rolleyes:

Any help or advice you can offer would be great.

Cheers

swampcat

swampcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Security dialer is packaged with the HTC hermes dialpad skins.

It is possible that T-mobile MDA Vario II has skinned its own dialer. On your pda, look at the windows folder with an image viewer. Do you see the tmobile security dialpad skin images in this folder? (not the ones i made but the default tmobile ones). I suspect that this rom is slightly different from original hermes rom as it is tmobile customized. If so, only changing your rom will do the trick but i think you should do more research before romming. You can find different variant of htc hermes roms at xda-developers.com.

So is anyone else with Vario II having same issue?

Btw, that separate pack of security dialpad skin was my first attempt and a request from a user, subsequently i put them into all the dialpad skins i have done (both non-3g and 3g) except for vga.

-----------

@ Mark - thanks, yeah can't do without WA2. And so many skins too.
the security dialpad i'm referring to is the phone pin screen to log on to your phone. Do you see this screen after installing or looks like your original?

Posted Image

Edited by swampcat, 21 September 2006 - 06:10 AM.

Neekoswork

Neekoswork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SPV M3100
@swampcat

Thanks very much for these brilliant skins. Your're hard work is greatly appreciated.

Neekos

M@rkC

M@rkC

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

@ Mark - thanks, yeah can't do without WA2. And so many skins too.
the security dialpad i'm referring to is the phone pin screen to log on to your phone.

I see what you mean now - I don't get that screen as I've configured my device security with "strong passwords" rather than the default PIN setting. The screen I see is all white with a single box on it where you enter the password you've configured; I'll have a think about dropping my security levels so I get to see the skinned version of the PIN input screen :rolleyes:

BTW, if I get WA2, do all my screens get the top and bottom bars you've supplied with the Reptile skins or just the today screen and dialer pad???

Thanks again!

Mark.

A wise man speaks when he has something to say; A fool speaks when he has to say something

swampcat

swampcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
@ neekoswork - thanks :rolleyes:

@ Mark - i've never seen anything like what you use. Is it a third party app or it came with pda?

As for WA2, yes it skins for all screens, i mean in other apps too.
You can trial for 14days i think but check out all the skins available just so you know you don't have to use my boring ones. :(
http://www.lakeridge...forum/index.php

sleepnow75

sleepnow75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Nice skin, but on the black one (not the extra black) it might look a bit cleaner if the brushed steel looking bit stayed the same color. Also, it feaks out (alignment all wrong) when doing a video call in landscape mode.

M@rkC

M@rkC

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

@ Mark - i've never seen anything like what you use. Is it a third party app or it came with pda?

As for WA2, yes it skins for all screens, i mean in other apps too.
You can trial for 14days i think but check out all the skins available just so you know you don't have to use my boring ones. :(
http://www.lakeridge...forum/index.php

@swampcat - the password input screen is built in to the OS; if you've got access to a Hermes/TyTn device, go to Start, Settings, Lock. Mine's set to "Strong alphanumeric" rather than "Simple PIN" - you have to enter a "proper" password rather than a PIN number which I've got configured to kick in after ten minutes. It's a pain in the a** having to keep entering it, but at least I'm confident that if I lose the phone or it gets stolen, chances are that some towrag won't have access to my personal data :rolleyes:

When I've got a minute, I'll grab a screen shot and post it here - unless you manage to figure out what I'm talking about before then :)

I'm definitely gonna get Wisbar - the variety of skins available is unbelievable...I could have new one every hour and still never run out ;)

Cheers, Mark.

fantastic_mr_q

fantastic_mr_q

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

i'll try do the red and black reptile this weekend.

Any luck on the red dialer skin yet swampcat?? :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

swampcat

swampcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
just a preview

i'm about to release the reptile and some new backdrops too but you can see from this screenshot, i've done smartdialer color all wrong (the blue writing), needs to be brighter.

Attached Files

fantastic_mr_q

fantastic_mr_q

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

just a preview

i'm about to release the reptile and some new backdrops too but you can see from this screenshot, i've done smartdialer color all wrong (the blue writing), needs to be brighter.

looohoooking goooood! I love your work Swampcat! ur a genius! x

Posted Image

Posted Image

M@rkC

M@rkC

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

just a preview

@swampcat, I've switched my security from the strong password to a normal PIN, but the skin is still the wishy-washy blue one, not your Reptile one :rolleyes: I know I installed it with the today/dialler skins...
Do I need to re-install or is there something else I need to do to get it to work??

TIA, Mark.

swampcat

swampcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
@mark - no, there's nothing you can do about it. Your phone was customized by your phone provider hence it wont skin pin screen. Short of changing between the htc hermes variant roms, i don't know what else i could do to help you.

----------------

Here is the new skin pack - 22 skins altogether with their respective today themes. You can see that it is different from the previous design. this is because of video screen and it uses the same background as the dial screen so i can no longer 'fake' larger buttons. Also I have reworked the registry keys so now all the graphics are in \windows\ and phoneskin folder is no longer used.

You can install over the previous version - you'll probably find an empty phoneskin folder at the end of the exercise.

Dowload HERE | Mirror (Rapidshare) (i think my site might go down if bandwidth exceeded, file is 12mb)

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by swampcat, 28 September 2006 - 10:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users