• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

dannyoneill

dannyoneill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:i-mate JAMin
No matter what PDA you have it will never work on GPRS. It just uses too much bandwidth and wouldnt be cost effective either. You need at least a full speed 64kbps to use this, which is ISDN speeds. GPRS is 56kbps ASSUMING you get a full speed connection which you are not guranteed.

thud

thud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

No matter what PDA you have it will never work on GPRS. It just uses too much bandwidth and wouldnt be cost effective either. You need at least a full speed 64kbps to use this, which is ISDN speeds. GPRS is 56kbps ASSUMING you get a full speed connection which you are not guranteed.

Ok, so its WAN only and outgoing only, cant see how I am going to use it. Dont get me wrong im really impressed with what youve done. And its quite a buzz the first call you make to try it and realise what you are achieving. but in real life its too restrictive. It doesnt work with 'skype in' so my skype number wont work on this pda/skype setup. So I find mysel still having to buy a linksys 50 wireless usb skype phone, and then the pda route will have no advantage i can think of.

dannyoneill

dannyoneill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:i-mate JAMin

Ok, so its WAN only and outgoing only, cant see how I am going to use it. Dont get me wrong im really impressed with what youve done. And its quite a buzz the first call you make to try it and realise what you are achieving. but in real life its too restrictive. It doesnt work with 'skype in' so my skype number wont work on this pda/skype setup. So I find mysel still having to buy a linksys 50 wireless usb skype phone, and then the pda route will have no advantage i can think of.

The JAMin just isnt enough. What i have done is make it work so its of some use other than the current useless state its in.

If you have a 400mhz PDA then skype will work great, but as is it just cant do it.

Tim

Tim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Is this still available for download? It's not at the site mentioned in the first post.

Cheers

Andy16

Andy16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:null
Dos anyone still have the 2.0 version of skype for pda?
2.1 is using more and more cpu.
2.0 was working fine on my xda neo (prophet), 2.1 (even with disabled codecs) is not that good to me

where can I download an older version?

thanks

Edited by Andy16, 28 November 2006 - 09:26 PM.

psykoptic

psykoptic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Is this still available for download? It's not at the site mentioned in the first post.

Cheers

Its just been moved - the file can be downloaded from here

Login with an FTP client and you should be able to find it if it moves again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users