Bluetooth Sync

Guest se-automotive

Guest se-automotive

Hi

I am having problems pairng my phone to my PC to use activesync via bluetooth. Could anyone tell me what the problem is? On the pocket pc, when I select "Start Bluethooth Activeync Setup" from bluetooth settings in the settings menu, I get the following error message: "Please start bonding with other bluetooth device which supports serial port or ActiveSync profile as your ActiveSync partner". When I select "Connect Via Bluetooth" in the tools menu of ActiveSync, on the pocket pc as well, I get this error message: "Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. The communications port is not available. Another program may be using the port, or it may not be valid. Quit any programs that may be using the port and reconnect. If the problem persists, restart your device using the instructions provided by the manufacturer."

Can anyone please let me know if they have any ideas why this is?

Thanks

Segun

Guest jimbouk

You dont have a BT serial port configured correctly for syncing. The best thing to do is to unpair the devices and then follow the activesync help advice (just search for Bluetooth and then follow the three point process to ensure that your devices are set up correctly).

Guest se-automotive

Cheers...

I got the synchronisation sorted... problem now is that the contacts and calender (basically everything through ms outlook will not sync. it keeps asking for some exchange server details, when all I want to do is sync sync the contacts and calender on my desktop. When I try to select this in the active sync options on the desktop, it's not an available option. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall just to make sure I havent changed any options by mistake, but can anyone tell me anything else to do?

Guest jimbouk

if it asking for exchange server details, then you must have selected sync with server at the first connection (its the default option so you probably clicked next twice by mistake).

Delete the device in activesync and then reconnect. If I were you, I would sync via USB first and then set up bluetooth this time.

Guest se-automotive

USB sync kicked the bucket last week - device failure. It just won't connect when plugged in, but it charges though. I am trying to get it to sync by bluetooth to delay having to get the cable connection fixed.

Now, when I start a new partnership and select to only sync with my desktop it says the device is set to sync with server and it gives me another chance to sync with server - obviously, I refuse. I then find on the device (in active sync, click tools, options and server tab) that it is trying to sync the contacts, calender and inbox with a server, and it is not possible to change this - at least, I cannot see how. There must be a way of telling the machine - "no, do not sync with server, sync with desktop", and this is what eludes me...

Thanks for your assistance so far.