Vario II Krusell Case

Guest Palindrome

Guest Pandemonium
Krusell don't seem to have a case for the Vario II, or any of the Tytn derivatives. Does anyone know of information, or even rumours relating to this? Hopefully there will be more accessories released as we progress towards the end of the year.

I'm not keen on cases which you keep the PDA in while you use it, so I use a Krusell Horizontic S - a horizontal belt pouch, which I originally bought for a Nokia 6680. Fits very nicely.

Guest Palindrome
on the other hand I was being stupid and yeah I see how you can't access the usb port.

Sorry, wasn't being clear. When the case is closed, of course. I was thinking about cutting a miniusb-sized hole in the bottom of the case to allow connection. Going to have to find a sharp instrument considering the quality of the leather is not bad.

For me i dont think id have to do that (Cutting a miniusb hole that is ) as i plan on getting myself some A2DP headphones so the only time id need the usb socket is charging and i can have the case open for that.

So many things i want to buy sooo little money is really the problem. after shelling out 59.99 on the vario plus 37.50 a month for flext 35 and WnW

then getting SPB Diary and SPB Pocket Plus (totally worth it though)

and a 2Gb microSD card from mobymemory my missus has had enough of my little spending spree. so i have to take a break before the A2DP headphones and any other software and cases stuff (as she says the vario 2 came with a good quality case and that should do for now) (although for me its useless as it comes off when quick walking or riding my bike) hence looking for a secure belt loop going around kind of case for it in the first place!!

But anyway RANT over

JEREMY

Guest DoubleCheese
@palindrome

Where did you get that case (store name ) or online link if possible please

and how much did it cost.

Also with the clear plastic thing covering up the keyboard can you still use the keyboard to type emails with it in its case or do you have to remove it everytime you want to type something on the keyboard?

JEREMY

Here?

I'm not keen on cases which you keep the PDA in while you use it, so I use a Krusell Horizontic S - a horizontal belt pouch, which I originally bought for a Nokia 6680. Fits very nicely.
Is the KrusellHorizontic-S a perfect fit? I really want to get a leather replacement for the bundled vinyl case and this might be what I'm looking for.

Cheers

Guest MartinDS
Here's a few quick snaps of the case in action :D

proportahermes1.gif

proportahermes3.gifproportahermes4.gif

I have just bought a case that looks exactly the same as this on ebay but cannot see how to get the clear plastic sheet with the velcro between the keyboard and upper case - there is no way it would fit. I have a Vario II.

How did you do it on yours?

thanks

Martin

Guest gurujockstrap

Just a heads up to people wanting a case for their Vario II.

ADVERTISING SPAM are selling exactly the same flip case as found on Proporta for $28 (approx

Edited by gurujockstrap

Guest gurujockstrap

Case arrived from ADVERTISING SPAM this morning. Seeing as I ordered on Wednesday, thats pretty good for free delivery from Hong Kong!

Case is exactly the the same as the one in Pauls photos. Looks quite smart with the car mount too as it uses the exisiting mounting for the belt clip.

Well worth it if you fancy saving some cash for what is a case exactly the same as the one from Proporta.

Guest richard_d
Case arrived from ADVERTISING SPAM this morning. Seeing as I ordered on Wednesday, thats pretty good for free delivery from Hong Kong!

Case is exactly the the same as the one in Pauls photos. Looks quite smart with the car mount too as it uses the exisiting mounting for the belt clip.

Well worth it if you fancy saving some cash for what is a case exactly the same as the one from Proporta.

A good price.

I'm still looking for a decent drop in case - with belt loop (the always on sort are too much of a hassle with my smart new docking station). If anyone has bought any of the Krusell universal cases and found them a good fit please let me know the model details!

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I have just ordered my Vario II... Looking for a case also!

Has anyone tried both the flip type and book type case? I don't know which I prefer and would like opinions!

Cheers

Oh... And how does the leather cases feel in the pocket? Do they make the phone feel bulky?

Edited by Noonie

Guest RonRosenberg
I have just bought a case that looks exactly the same as this on ebay but cannot see how to get the clear plastic sheet with the velcro between the keyboard and upper case - there is no way it would fit. I have a Vario II.

How did you do it on yours?

thanks

Martin

I cannot speak about the Proporta version, but I received and installed the ADVERTISING SPAM version (plastic piece went on my TyTn without too much difficulty), and found that with the case opened or closed it interfered with my bluetooth headset. I tried two different headsets (Plantronics Voyager 510 and the Nokia 600) and while I could hear just fine, all of the folks on the other end said that my voice was "breaking-up". I just received the IDS case from Hong Kong (leatherette, keyboard access). I haven't yet made any calls to guage bluetooth performance.

Guest gurujockstrap
I cannot speak about the Proporta version, but I received and installed the ADVERTISING SPAM version (plastic piece went on my TyTn without too much difficulty), and found that with the case opened or closed it interfered with my bluetooth headset. I tried two different headsets (Plantronics Voyager 510 and the Nokia 600) and while I could hear just fine, all of the folks on the other end said that my voice was "breaking-up". I just received the IDS case from Hong Kong (leatherette, keyboard access). I haven't yet made any calls to guage bluetooth performance.

Aren't the front and rear panels of the ADVERTISING SPAM/Proporta case stiffened with an aluminium panel? Could that be causing the interference?

Guest richard_d
Aren't the front and rear panels of the ADVERTISING SPAM/Proporta case stiffened with an aluminium panel? Could that be causing the interference?

Does sound a reasonable explanation. Bluetooth does seem quite susceptible to intererence.

Richard

Guest gurujockstrap
Does sound a reasonable explanation. Bluetooth does seem quite susceptible to intererence.

Richard

Saying that, I don't get any problems with my Bluetooth GPS reciever.

Guest Cybergeek

Hi there, im in the market for a case for my Vario II, now before anyone suggests the Flip case from Proporta, should prolly tell you that ive just returned mine, i bought a docking station for it, but the case gets in the way everytime i try to dock it. So i have to remove the case and sliding that Velcro through the small gap between the screen and keyboard was getting on my nerves, spoke to proporta and they told me to send it back, part of their "no quibble money back guarantee"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RonRosenberg
Krusell are showing a case for the Qtek 9600/ HTC Tytn on their web site, not able to find anyone stocking this item as yet though, see here. http://www.krusell.se/product.php?productID=2317

I've gotten this style of Krussel case twice and have had bad luck with both of them. The snaps will not hold, and any pressure on the case (with the phone in it) has them release and the phone is then perpendicular to your belt (and has had the phone slip out. I love Krussel quality, and I've ordered this one:

http://www.krusell.se/product.php?productI...amp;category=51

It seems as if it will have a more secure hold on the phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest Criller

The only thing I've found with this case - http://www.krusell.se/product.php?productID=2317

is that the keyboard cover causes the top side of the phone to sit 1 or 2mm apart from the bottom part of the phone. This may causes issues with long term use. I intend to remove the clear plastic keyboard cover to avoid damaging the sliding mechanism of the phone.

Guest PaulWayne
The only thing I've found with this case - http://www.krusell.se/product.php?productID=2317

is that the keyboard cover causes the top side of the phone to sit 1 or 2mm apart from the bottom part of the phone. This may causes issues with long term use. I intend to remove the clear plastic keyboard cover to avoid damaging the sliding mechanism of the phone.

I have just purchase from a shop in Tottenham Court Road the Krusell Horizontic Platinum with Multidapt® - S-Wide - Item Number 96732-012

It fits the M3100 like a glove and has a side cut out for the head set /battery charger socket.

The leather quality is excellent and the double belt loops really anchor the case in place.

Highly recommend, see site below

http://www.krusell.se/productUni.php?produ...&category=2

Paul