SPB Software House release SPB Diary 2.0

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
post-1-1156863284_thumb.gif

SPB Software house have today release version 2.0 of probably my favourite homescreen plugin ever, SPB Diary :D

Full details can be found in the Press Release, and a fully functional demo can be found at their downloads page.

Press release excerpt follows...

For the 16 months that Spb Diary has been on the market it has become a "must have" application and now holds a firm place among the top-selling Pocket PC applications. For many users, Spb Diary is the first application they install on a brand new device. In 2005, this application was the finalist in Microsoft's Mobile2Market contest and in 2006, Spb Diary won one of the most recognized prizes: the Shareware Industry Award for "Best Program for PDA

Guest emyllis

I've just come from a C500 to a tmob vario 2 -

Loved papyrus on my C500, can't get it running on the vario 2.

So i've bought this SPB diary, and it's excellent; loads of nice features, pictures of contacts, loads of right click options etc.

Just to say that it's a really good piece of sotware that works well.

Cheers;

Guest dreamweavel

Ditto - been using this since it came out. I've just upgraded for the bargain price of $8.67 and its up to their usual excellent standards :D

Guest Laser_iCE

Oooh, skins, sounds good !! It's just a shame that my screen isn't a tiny bit wider... Only because it makes it feel a little bit cluttered, but I guess when you're only running SPB Diary, it's not as bad :D Will definitely update soon!

EDIT: Hey, Paul, I don't wanna be rude or anything ... And you might be doing the right thing, but did you know that, for birthdays, if you set their birth year as the first date and it reoccurs every year (obviously, being a birthday :D ), then the number at the end (3 and 1 from what I can see) will change to how old they are? The people in your screenshot I see may be toddlers, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up in case :D

Edited by Laser_iCE

Guest Sonicr360

I did install SPB Diary a while back on my XDA Exec - and my problem (and it has to be me!!) is the amount of entries I have in my calendar. On top of that my home screen shows:

Date

FlexMail (Great product!!)

WM5 Calendar Entry

SPD Today Plug-in Pocket Plus (Great!)

IP Dashboard Plug-in

So it all fits fine - the minute the Diary app went on, I get a large scroll bar on the left :D Like I said, its probably me, but it also put the pther plug-ins out of the screen size - even when reducing the fonts, and not having so many shortcut icons on the pocket plus app!

Anyone else get this problem, or can we safely say its me :D

Simon

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
I've asked SPB to fix the icon-alignment issue in the next build.

Bugs the hell out of me, yes, i'm weird :D

P

post-1-1156878592_thumb.gif

Paul - what's that plug-in with the memory details etc. at the bottom of your today screen?

Matt

Guest Paul (MVP)
EDIT: Hey, Paul, I don't wanna be rude or anything ... And you might be doing the right thing, but did you know that, for birthdays, if you set their birth year as the first date and it reoccurs every year (obviously, being a birthday :D ), then the number at the end (3 and 1 from what I can see) will change to how old they are? The people in your screenshot I see may be toddlers, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up in case :D

Yeah, I know, I just haven't got round to it.

Or rather, something I have installed once broke them all, and I haven't got round to fixing it :D

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul - what's that plug-in with the memory details etc. at the bottom of your today screen?

Matt

The Resco Explorer homescreen plugin, free with MoDaCo Plus no less :D

P

Guest richardgaywood

OK, I'm brand-new to Pocket PC (my SVP M3100 came just yesterday) but I'm a long-time PDA user. So I'm already bored with the built-in Today app, and the HTC-authored Orange-skinned one that came with my phone. So... this SPB Diary looks nice. But looking at the site, what's the difference between Diary and Pocket Plus? They seem to have overlapping features, both being souped up Today apps. Can anyone who's used both shed some light for me?

Guest Laser_iCE

Diary is purely a today screen application with Pocket Plus encorporates different features, such as properly closing a program when you hold the stylus down on the X, as well as repeating alarms, etc. whereas Diary is just a today screen plugin :D Pocket Plus also allows tabs on the today screen, and each SPB plugin can become its own separate tag -- neat stuff! :D

Guest Mind_Rx

i just purchased the earlier version on the 28th...and the previous serial number doesnt work on the version2...i ve written to pocket gear, they keep telling me to download from MY Account...but doesnt work...you guys think they will allow me to upgrade without paying for the version 2 all over again?...i bought the earlier version 1 day previous to the release of the version 2.. :D

Guest richardgaywood
Diary is purely a today screen application with Pocket Plus encorporates different features, such as properly closing a program when you hold the stylus down on the X, as well as repeating alarms, etc. whereas Diary is just a today screen plugin :D Pocket Plus also allows tabs on the today screen, and each SPB plugin can become its own separate tag -- neat stuff! :D

Hmmm, but then I already have MagicButton for the close-apps functionality (and very nifty it is too). OK, I guess I'd better look more closely at the features list for both apps. Does Pocket Plus do everything Diary does, or are the feature sets orthogonal?

They arent really overlapping to be fair

SPB diary has loads of stuff to do with contact and emails and notes among other things (loads of other things)

SPB Pocket Plus does stuff like the allow multiple tabs in pocket IE, the close button, allow the creation of shortcuts to any app or file on the "desktop" ie makes it behave more like a normal computer. Has a good task manager. ALT-TB funtion loads of hardware button stuff and icon stuff. ability to control media player among others from the today screen. There is a heck of a lot really.

As i said bought both and they are sooo worth it in my opinion might even buy SPB backup for the obvious reason then i get SPB weather FREE as i would have collected enough Reward points. (also got SPB GPRS monitor free with the VarioII)

anyway quacking over

JEREMY

Guest aminsamizadeh

SPB Diary by my idea is a must have application for every Pocket PC :D so I have it and love it :D

Edited by aminsamizadeh

Guest dreamweavel
So it all fits fine - the minute the Diary app went on, I get a large scroll bar on the left :D Like I said, its probably me, but it also put the pther plug-ins out of the screen size - even when reducing the fonts, and not having so many shortcut icons on the pocket plus app!

Anyone else get this problem, or can we safely say its me :D

Simon

If you install SPB pocket plus you can set up a seperate tab for SPB diary in pocket plus "items" option. All their programs embed into pocket plus tabs i.e. backup, GPRS monitor and prob more.

That's what i do. It keeps thing nice and tidy :D

This first one's the main tab i set up showing memory, storage, resco file explorer shortcut and a couple of others.

post-31311-1156977340_thumb.png

This one's the SPB diary tab - no scroll bar until you expand out your appointments. And who cares anyway if you can tidy it away til you want to see it :D

post-31311-1156977381_thumb.png

I've got extra tabs for all sort of other stuff so you just see what you need for what you're up to :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.