Any point to Web N Walk Pro?

Guest 888

I upgraded from the standard WW to WWP but having read the terms and conditions, I'm wondering if I've wasted my money.

Apart from the modem function, WWP also seems to expressly prohibit the use of instant messaging, although this does not appear to be prohibited on the standard WW.

Modem use is going to be infrequent but I wanted the function just in case.

Should I just call CS in the morning and ask them to revert back to the standard WW?

Also does anyone know if wifi hotspot access is included with the Pro bundle?

I upgraded from the standard WW to WWP but having read the terms and conditions, I'm wondering if I've wasted my money.

Apart from the modem function, WWP also seems to expressly prohibit the use of instant messaging, although this does not appear to be prohibited on the standard WW.

Modem use is going to be infrequent but I wanted the function just in case.

Should I just call CS in the morning and ask them to revert back to the standard WW?

Also does anyone know if wifi hotspot access is included with the Pro bundle?

The point (AFAIK) is totally unlimited data transfer through a permitted medium (your laptop, presumably). Whereas IIRC you aren't supposed to use WnW standard for throughput to "proper" computers...?

You have 1 years free wifi hotspot access with the pro bundle

rgds

Jim

I will call TM to confirm this later on, but I always thought that WIFI access was only included if you bought the bndle with the datacard.

If that is the case., then the extra

Guest rickwookie
I see no way to activate that tho!

P

I sat at a hotspot last week and tried to connect with my Vario II (i'm on WnW Pro) but no joy. I see there are lots of WiFi profiles pre configured on the device, so I don't know how it is supposed to work.

Guest battletank

I use Pro, rather than standard WnW - the reason for me is that I want to be able to stream music / video occassionally; something which is expressly forbidden under the T&C's of the standard version.

Two products drive this decision:

1. Orb (www.orb.com) - I can listen to any of my 400Gb of music any time anywhere. Ditto viewing DivX's.

2. Slingplayer Mobile (www.slingmedia.com) - I can watch my Sky TV channels live any time anywhere.

Trust me, these two products make an incredible difference to my time spent on commuter trains every day, and as they stream at around 160kbps, I reckon the 2 GB cap is good for upto 27 hours a month...

I use Pro, rather than standard WnW - the reason for me is that I want to be able to stream music / video occassionally; something which is expressly forbidden under the T&C's of the standard version.

Two products drive this decision:

1. Orb (www.orb.com) - I can listen to any of my 400Gb of music any time anywhere. Ditto viewing DivX's.

2. Slingplayer Mobile (www.slingmedia.com) - I can watch my Sky TV channels live any time anywhere.

Trust me, these two products make an incredible difference to my time spent on commuter trains every day, and as they stream at around 160kbps, I reckon the 2 GB cap is good for upto 27 hours a month...

I don;t see why they don;t allow instant messaging on the pro version. After all, the data allowance is not actually unlimited is it and instant messaging is a lot different to things such as VOIP.

Guest battletank
I don;t see why they don;t allow instant messaging on the pro version. After all, the data allowance is not actually unlimited is it and instant messaging is a lot different to things such as VOIP.

They obviously believe it is in direct competition with their extremely lucrative SMS service. They also, I'm sure, are aware of the convergance of instant messaging and VOIP, with Skype and push-to-talk services, which will undermine their core business.

After what seemed like years navigating though TM's automated system, I finally got through and was told that because WWP is a GPRS service, it didn't allow access to WIFI.

I didn't quite understand the explanation to be honest (given that the data card package allows WiFi access) and as the signal was getting choppy, just said thanks and put the phone down.

I think what she might have meant is that buying the WWP bundle as an add-on doensn't allow access.

I guess this would tally with what others have said about not having the settings to log on to hotspots.

Anyone else?

The only other advantage of the Pro bundle is that is can be removed at anytime, whereas the standard WW runs for the duration of the contract.

I was told yesterday by T-Mobile CS that following a review, HSDPA 384k Upload could only be applied to WnW Pro users (although previously it had been applied to standard as well).

Really?

Well, if that is the case, having WWP is even more of an incentive.

However, I doubt it, especially as it appears that TM staff have a habit of saying different things.

Guest zoidster

(this is my first post - Hello all ! :D )

I am a little frustrated here - I am on a standard flex t& W&W tariff and have been since I bought my universal

Everywhere I look I read of people who have upgraded their standard web & walk to " pro" - yet when I asked , they told me it wasn't possible ( a few months back) - yet I am STILL seeing plenty of people that have made just that upgrade on various forums , so the other day I mailed them

Here is the reply

Hello XXXXXX

Thanks for your email about upgrading to web 'n' walk professional. I understand how useful this service may be to you.

I'm sorry to say that to use web 'n' walk professional you'll need to have a data card. You can see full details here http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menui...ones_im_wnw_pro

Also I've checked with our technical team and HSDPA is only supported when using the data card.

Thanks again for your email . I hope you find this information useful. Please get back to us if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

David C

Customer Services Email Team

T-Mobile

..... Now I feel am am really being taken for a mug here

I got the tarrif with an MDA pro - and , frankly , have not seen anything resembling a 3G data speed on the MDA (but thats another story ) - now I have got my m3100 I really feel it deserves better than the standard (slow) gprs speeds I am geting

Does anyone know what the "magic words" are to get T-mobile to upgrade me to pro ?

Edited by zoidster

When I purhchased my handset, i was told that WWP could only be added on top of the Flext WW that i was planning to buy. This is because WWP is classified as a bundle and therefore can be removed or added at will.

To reflect this, FlexT packages with WWP are an extra 30 pounds than thier equivalent FlexT WW packages.

However, on my very first call to CS, they said it was not a problem upgrading to WWP. It was an extra 2.50 per month and not an extra 9.99 a month as stated by the sales assistant.

The offshoot of this is that I actually got shifted over to the standard Flext tarrif and am no longer commited to an 18 month FlexT WW plan!

(this is my first post - Hello all ! :D )

I am a little frustrated here - I am on a standard flex t& W&W tariff and have been since I bought my universal

Everywhere I look I read of people who have upgraded their standard web & walk to " pro" - yet when I asked , they told me it wasn't possible ( a few months back) - yet I am STILL seeing plenty of people that have made just that upgrade on various forums , so the other day I mailed them

Here is the reply

Hello XXXXXX

Thanks for your email about upgrading to web 'n' walk professional. I understand how useful this service may be to you.

I'm sorry to say that to use web 'n' walk professional you'll need to have a data card. You can see full details here http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menui...ones_im_wnw_pro

Also I've checked with our technical team and HSDPA is only supported when using the data card.

Thanks again for your email . I hope you find this information useful. Please get back to us if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

David C

Customer Services Email Team

T-Mobile

..... Now I feel am am really being taken for a mug here

I got the tarrif with an MDA pro - and , frankly , have not seen anything resembling a 3G data speed on the MDA (but thats another story ) - now I have got my m3100 I really feel it deserves better than the standard (slow) gprs speeds I am geting

Does anyone know what the "magic words" are to get T-mobile to upgrade me to pro ?

The link to the advert above only recently stated that WWP could be added to any talkplan for 9.99 a month so the data card bit is nonsense.

Maybe they changed the terms of WWP recently?

I am on the verge of ordering it online - but couldn't find anywhere to add WnWP to the Flext plan - I can only add the 7.50 WnW. Do you think I can just go with Flext and call them up when I receive the phone to activate WnWP? If I can't, I could always return the phone under the 7 day cooling off period.

Edited by Dooks

Guest DoubleCheese
you can but you will be paying 30 pounds more for the handset because you are not taking the WW FlexT combo.

So could I order the FlexT/WnW combo and upgrade to WWP and have the ability to drop the WWP in a couple of months say and just have the Flext?

So could I order the FlexT/WnW combo and upgrade to WWP and have the ability to drop the WWP in a couple of months say and just have the Flext?

In theory yes, but that is assuming that they will upgrade you to WWp in the first place.